2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Broncos in all white at the Chargers in powder blue is a good color combo. Packers-Cowboys is another classic one. I don't love the Chiefs in all red, but I do really like it occasionally in primetime. Should be a good looking game tonight. 

Broncos look needs refreshed. The sidepanels are so lame now, with the tapered and pointed stripes. Take the CR version and apply it for home, road, and an alt blue, with white and alt colored pants, and they would be good for a few more decades. I do like their font. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, crosfam said:

Broncos look needs refreshed. The sidepanels are so lame now, with the tapered and pointed stripes. Take the CR version and apply it for home, road, and an alt blue, with white and alt colored pants, and they would be good for a few more decades. I do like their font. 

Broncos away jersey still reflects a navy home jersey. Need to change that up at least. I’d just re-do it, their home is fine but away sucks. Make it so orange and/or navy road pants are usable.

26 minutes ago, Froob said:

Broncos away jersey still reflects a navy home jersey. Need to change that up at least. I’d just re-do it, their home is fine but away sucks. Make it so orange and/or navy road pants are usable.

I think simply inverting the numbers on the white jersey to be orange with navy trim would solve this issue quite well. And maybe orange socks:

9l34FXs.jpg

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Also think TEN will go white over light blue, as they should.

Last season the Titans tended to not wear the same britches in back-to-back games (except Navy vs the Ravens and Chargers; and Columbia vs the Giants, Redskins, and Colts at the end of the season).

I'm also thinking NYJ goes mono-white for their "whiteout"

@Froob here are some concepts that @tohasbo did back in July. I personally like the W/P/W because having Purple in the outside blends in too much with the Black from far away, muddling the look. P/W/P, G/W/G and W/G/W aren’t that bad though.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:25 PM, tohasbo said:

Here's eight different ones...

GclQszT.png

WA6EBFO.png

b2o5SVC.png

oXLYUWC.png

fSIrbpf.png

9XRO5z0.png

H0KtSsD.png

Fsd89Qc.png

da0Lbhs.png

39 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

@Froob here are some concepts that @tohasbo did back in July. I personally like the W/P/W because having Purple in the outside blends in too much with the Black from far away, muddling the look. P/W/P, G/W/G and W/G/W aren’t that bad though.

Awesome, thanks! One is probably the best.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:20 AM, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 6 (Part2)

Cowboys @ Jets

bw8Chox.png

Don't the  J-E-T-S  have white socks in their new set to wear with the gotham green pants?

That would make a total difference for the better,  They had always been a team that wore correct socks with their now defunked forest green pants, which were white striped.

Even those black socks would be better, at least to show some contrast.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:18 PM, tohasbo said:

Not that I know of.

On that, the Ravens seriously have to go back to the inaugural season black pants

The 1997 ones maybe (White/Purple/White Stripes, but with 'B' logo inside on hips instead of Coat Of Arms Shield), but definitely not the other one-off version — 1996 inaugural season pairs of pants, that is — what with those goofy, thick, solid, single white stripes down each side! Honestly, the black pants would be fine with purple-topped socks to match the numbers on the white road jerseys & the primary purple home versions, respectively. Keep the "Blackout" appearance at least once a year though, as contrasting socks would not make sense for that particular look. Everything else combo-wise should always have contrasting socks.

I actually dig the quirky outlier that is the non-striped black pants, but they just need to break it up with white or purple-topped socks. If I had it my way, I'd also fix each of the other three pants' stripes that are all missing one team color in the pattern, thus better matching the numerals or in some cases — such as "monotone" jersey + pants regalia — precisely so. Striping patterns I'm referencing: black/gold/purple/gold/black on white pants, black/gold/white/gold/black on primary purple pants, black/white/gold/white/black on CR purple pants, and then purple/gold/white/gold/purple IF putting stripes on the black pants.

Here is a Ravens 'yowie' that I own — something to visualize as an example for the primary purple pants, except replace the alternate, front-facing bird head logo with the gold 'B', as per usual — which was given out at the 2011 season opener, a 35-7 home rout over the Steelers as their first victory of that year's entire AFC North divisional sweep by Baltimore:
spacer.png

Lastly, here are some quick & lazy MS Paint mock-ups, since I lack any kind of graphic design skills — again just imagine with an inserted 'B' logo:
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived