2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

On 10/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, NFLfan10 said:

STUNNER of WEEK 7:

Titans wearing light blue over navy vs. the Chargers

I believe this is their first home game on Sunday in light blue since 2013

At least the current Columbia blue tops are being worn for a home game--not for a road game in Florida where the home team chooses white. Now if the Titans could break out the white pants for at least one home game(preferably w/navy jerseys, part of what I consider a #ClassicLook for them).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

Oh I probably believed you Mega Hawk, I guess I just didn't wanna believe it because I hate the Bills red color-rush so badly.  Plus we never seem to make the announcement until the Wednesday morning before the Sunday game.

I'm too much of a traditionalist as I had seen my first Bills home game at the old stadium while still in the AFL and with the old grazing bison logo.  I could probably tolerate the red jerseys for one game if they'd at least wear white pants with the red striped color rush socks with them, but this mono-red just is an eye-sore to me.

Dunno who you know at #BillsMafia but you got it right .... I guess it could be worse, by wearing those 2002-2010 Donahoe monstrosities.

Both Buffalo and Miami should be wearing their AFL throwbacks like in 2016 and 2017 down in South Florida, that looked great!!

spacer.png

The only time Miami is donning the aqua throwbacks is in December vs Philly in Miami Gardens. The Dolphins are wearing their white throwbacks in Pittsburgh on MNF in a few weeks.

1 minute ago, AgentColon2 said:

And I’m sure paired with all white socks as well. Joy.

Hopefully not as the Ravens haven't worn white socks this year yet but who knows. At least the Rams paired their navy socks again with the all white unis last week 

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Dolphins in all white. How exciting. Wish Gase could've stuck around longer. Saints also in those bland all whites that are literally just a helmet with a black jersey number.

If the saints insist on wearing all white I would rather them make the color rush the normal away uniforms

Week 7 NFL Uniform Matchups – Bills Wear Red, Washington in Throwbacks

October 20, 2019 - 16:08 PM

Here in week number seven of the 2019 NFL season, we’re treated to a handful of interesting and unusual uniforms and uniform matchups. What will catch the attention of most fans tuning in this afternoon is the Buffalo Bills – […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The 49ers vs Redskins game is terrible IMO.

I just don’t get the love with Washington’s throwbacks. They’ve always looked dull and muddy (more so today because of the rain). They should’ve just kept the throwbacks from 2002. Those were good. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 10/18/2019 at 4:48 PM, s3ahawkz said:

Guessing Ravens in all white this week. They also wore all white in 2007, and 2011 against Seattle which is the last time they have played there

Nope, Baltimore brought out the purple pants again thankfully. That makes twice on the road (@ Pit & @ Sea) and once at home (vs. Arz) thus far! Apparently, according to their official website, they are wearing the Color Rush out in LA, which would mark the first time they've ever worn that on the road (if both the site and my interpretation are respectively correct). The all purple trimmed in gold thrown into the mix could end up making that game not as bad of a uniform match-up as I initially thought, since I figured black/white/white/black vs. navy/gold/gold/gold.

45 minutes ago, insert name said:

Man, I really hate the Saints so damn much. Whoever is in charge of what they wear needs to get their head checked. It’s ridiculous. 

They are probably trending fast towards becoming a team always wearing the same colors for jerseys and pants.

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Man, I really hate the Saints so damn much. Whoever is in charge of what they wear needs to get their head checked. It’s ridiculous. 

This white pants thing has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I think I've ever witnessed. I've never seen a more generic and plain uniform with no personality in my entire life. What happened to black and gold being what the Saints are known for? The games are almost unwatchable when they wear that, but as long as Joe and Bob from Instagram think it's "clean" the team will continue to wear them.

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

This white pants thing has got to be one of the dumbest ideas I think I've ever witnessed. I've never seen a more generic and plain uniform with no personality in my entire life. What happened to black and gold being what the Saints are known for? The games are almost unwatchable when they wear that, but as long as Joe and Bob from Instagram think it's "clean" the team will continue to wear them.

I've heard it mentioned before that many players don't like the feel of stripes on the pants or socks, and that they also love the monotone and leotard looks. Browns players used to rave how comfortable the brown pants were many years ago because they did not have the stripe stitched in. I think the players have a lot more influence on certain teams then ownership/management, especially when it comes to what is worn below the waist. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the teams let the players choose the pants and socks every week.

Archived