2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

The most infuriating thing about the whole solid-colored socks debacle is that if teams had the decency to wear different-colored pants with them, they probably wouldn't look half bad. Like, any look is better with contrasting socks, and you're telling me that the Jaguars can't wear their solid black socks with their white pants and the solid white socks with their black pants? Or the Saints? Although gold/black/black/white probably wouldn't look great, it's still better than solid black from neck to toe.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Froob said:

Those are sneaky pretty good. I’d like to see them do a throwback too.

I’ve said it before, they could easily do this and not too many people would be upset.

spacer.png

22 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

I will say this about the white-purple combo in comparison to the (hated by popular demand???) white-black road set. I think I'm more interested in seeing the purple pants on the road simply for the argument of "eras". By that, I mean that whenever I see white jersey, black pants, I think more of the Flacco era. Now that Jackson is there, I could see myself making the same argument, if the team around him is successful a decade from now.

I mean I personally love the white on black, too, but just wish they'd wear contrasting socks, preferably purple. Same with purple over black. Black socks with black pants should be reserved only for the "Blackout" games, as originally intended. The only other non-contrasting socks appearance MAYBE should be CR, logic being that it differentiates from the other purple jersey/purple pants look, and even then I'd still prefer the predominantly black socks to better tie into the helmet. That is unless there was ever a way — which there won't be — that those "Blaze" alternate helmets from a couple years back could be an option for the CR uniforms.

23 hours ago, RealSkillsAbraham said:

It's gonna look like this?

Image result for ravens color rush

Image result for rams color rush

Yiikes.

I'd honestly prefer that to boring all white (even though any time Ravens have worn white against opposing CR uniforms they thankfully haven't included predominantly white socks as well) vs. all gold, like what happened last year between Chiefs & Rams on MNF. Either way though, once again, a potentially much better match-up in prime time is going to be ruined by the Rams being ridiculous about their uniform choices.

31 minutes ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

I'd honestly prefer that to boring all white (even though any time Ravens have worn white against opposing CR uniforms they thankfully haven't included predominantly white socks as well) vs. all gold, like what happened last year between Chiefs & Rams on MNF. Either way though, once again, a potentially much better match-up in prime time is going to be ruined by the Rams being ridiculous about their uniform choices.

Nah, the Rams aren’t the ones ruining this, that “honor” belongs to the Ravens. The Rams’ gold is their second best look (granted, it’s a looong way down to third) and one of, if not the best of the color rush uniforms (again, not much competition there). If it was matched up against the Ravens in all white or white/purple it would be a solid matchup. 

13 hours ago, pagan696 said:

Silver pants return too!!

Where was that confirmed? I don’t see anything that might say that besides Silver Pants at practice, which I think that they already wear for most practices.

da0Lbhs.png

52 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

Where was that confirmed? I don’t see anything that might say that besides Silver Pants at practice, which I think that they already wear for most practices.

It's on the Gridiron Uniforms website. It also lists the Titans in mono-navy in Nashville vs Tampa.

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

@PanthersBill Voth on https://www.panthers.com/news/grill-bill-a-choice-incoming-at-quarterback (mid page)

and yes, the old pants are still worn during practices.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

It's on the Gridiron Uniforms website. It also lists the Titans in mono-navy in Nashville vs Tampa.

This has been confirmed. Every Tuesday morning, Jim Wyatt tweets the combo, as does Titans Uni Tracker. Hoping this means we'll see the navy over columbia combo in Week 10 vs. KC

I assumed the Bills were due for an all blue game, and Philly will likely stick with their horrific all whites. It's a shame how nice this looked back in 2011 below. We now have 12 teams wearing the same color pants and jerseys this week, and several teams haven't even announced their uniform yet...

Image result for eagles bills 2011

19 hours ago, jn8 said:

Nah, the Rams aren’t the ones ruining this, that “honor” belongs to the Ravens. The Rams’ gold is their second best look (granted, it’s a looong way down to third) and one of, if not the best of the color rush uniforms (again, not much competition there). If it was matched up against the Ravens in all white or white/purple it would be a solid matchup. 

I think this matchup is awesome lol. To each their own, but purple vs yellow will be a lot of fun. Don’t get to see that every day.

52 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

And just like that, the Jags have used up all their teal games. I wasn't sure if NO or NYJ would be the midseason teal opponent, but it turned out to be both.

Do teams have to officially announce which jersey will be their primary? Could the Jags just wear teal throughout and claim black was their alt this year?

And due to color rush/throwback, the teal can make one more appearance this year if it was all teal, right?

Go A's!

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

Do teams have to officially announce which jersey will be their primary? Could the Jags just wear teal throughout and claim black was their alt this year?

And due to color rush/throwback, the teal can make one more appearance this year if it was all teal, right?

Nope. Teams can only wear alternates 3 times per year. Color rush is not mandatory anymore so teams can choose up to 3 games per year that they wear whatever alternates they want

On 10/21/2019 at 8:41 AM, canzman said:

Seahawks @ Falcons
PaIRqdY.jpgMDG9AkP.jpg

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the Seahawks go white over grey. They have already worn white/navy and white/white vs the falcons in the past and wore all grey earlier this year so I'm guessing they may go white/grey

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I assumed the Bills were due for an all blue game, and Philly will likely stick with their horrific all whites. It's a shame how nice this looked back in 2011 below. We now have 12 teams wearing the same color pants and jerseys this week, and several teams haven't even announced their uniform yet...

Image result for eagles bills 2011

Bills all-blue is so gross!!

18 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

And just like that, the Jags have used up all their teal games. I wasn't sure if NO or NYJ would be the midseason teal opponent, but it turned out to be both.

I'm holding out hope that they will go mono-teal with this current set. I'm also guessing they'll go mono-black in London vs the Texans next week.

Archived