2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

5 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Colts have joined the white sock club. The thing I really don't get about this is that there was never a rule that you couldn't wear white socks before this season. Like why didn't teams ever wear white socks til now if it's such a "good" look.

Previously teams could only wear full length white socks if there were stripes on them. With Color Rush the teams with white CR sets were allowed to use solid white socks, and now teams can wear them (along with solid color socks) at any point.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, _RH_ said:

The Chiefs have grey facemasks today:

Minnesota Vikings v Kansas City Chiefs : News Photo

As far as I know they've only previously done this with the Dallas Texans uniforms.

Here's an explanation: https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/30/kansas-city-chiefs-minnesota-vikings-week-9-gray-throwback-face-masks/

Why not remove the “A” patch if you’re going “throwbacks” personally I think it looks as bland, garish, and outdated as the colts/bills regular helmets.

KISSwall09.jpg

1 hour ago, hormone said:

Why not remove the “A” patch if you’re going “throwbacks” personally I think it looks as bland, garish, and outdated as the colts/bills regular helmets.

While your point is not without merit, because of all that's attached to that patch, I don't see it going anywhere, possibly ever (or for however long the Chiefs remain in KC, at least).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

That looks a little off, but I'd still take that over white on white. The only reason this is even being thought about is because of the inexplicable lack of green pants.

...but really. Where are the green pants? Did something happen to them like the time Nike couldn't produce the right color green jerseys?

58 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Hopefully this Browns-Broncos mess will shut up the color v. color stans. 

Well no one was thinking brown vs orange for color vs color. Chiefs vs Colts is an example of what would be a good color vs color game

8 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Well no one was thinking brown vs orange for color vs color. Chiefs vs Colts is an example of what would be a good color vs color game

Color v. Color is exhausting to the eye. Chiefs-Colts would look better, but not by too much. 

Jesus the Browns/Broncos game is ugly. It doesn’t help that the Browns color rush is an ugly muddled heap of brown/orange in itself. 

In contrast, Chiefs/Vikings and Lions/Raiders were beautiful. The NFC North and AFC West alike have 7/8 teams with great sets (Broncos....)

18 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

At this point, anything works with the black jerseys, so it won't be a horrible matchup looks-wise. But damnit, I wanted all black! lol

Me too. The black over white is nice tho. Wish Pats did all white vs Ravens all black.

I realize the purple is a little more unique and less "boring" than black is, at least in the minds of many, but there's no doubt in my personal opinion that the Ravens combo tonight - black/black/white/black - is their best uniform combination. 

Would be marginally better if the white pants striping pattern matched the helmet, though. Helmet has a purple-black-purple pattern while the pants are the inverse. That I'm only just now saying this probably means I'm several years late on making this observation.

spacer.png

Archived