2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

5 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

I'm going to have to disagree with the chargers all navy being awesome. They should have the home opener in all white, then 5 home games in power blue, 1 in navy/white, 1 in navy/navy, and 1 color rush

That adds up to 9!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Bills have yet to wear white on white on the road and I approve of that. This will be a colorful match up with Cleveland in brown over orange.

I think their white on white is their best look. I’d love to see red over white. I’d do a red over white and an all red game if I were them and then the third alt can be the throwback.

With powder blue serving as the Chargers primary color, there is no reason they shouldn't embrace that and ditch white at home, especially with the new clear domed LA stadium or whatever. How much of a difference can the white really make at this point? Wear powder blue all September, then do a navy game in October, Color Rush in November, and another navy in December. That leaves an additional 3 or so games for the powder blue where they fit (5-2-1)

11 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints, as though we needed confirmation, have confirmed black on black. Still haven't seen black on gold vs. Atlanta since 2007. Seen it vs. TB and Carolina several times.

As a Saints fan, ugh! The black on black is drab, dreary and tired. 

5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

With powder blue serving as the Chargers primary color, there is no reason they shouldn't embrace that and ditch white at home, especially with the new clear domed LA stadium or whatever. How much of a difference can the white really make at this point? Wear powder blue all September, then do a navy game in October, Color Rush in November, and another navy in December. That leaves an additional 3 or so games for the powder blue where they fit (5-2-1)

While they're at it, why not adopt some powder blue pants to wear with the white jersey?

14 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Exactly. Their home and away unis now make very little sense together, much like the Broncos.

I don’t understand this perspective. Both Broncos sets use the same navy and orange, but the Chargers use powder blue and yellow at home and navy and yellow on the road. IMO those two aren’t really comparable. 

On that topic, the Broncos road uniforms NEED to emphasize blue over orange, at least in my opinion. Flipping the numbers or stripes to orange just looks bad. Orange pants though? I could get on board with that

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

I don’t understand this perspective. Both Broncos sets use the same navy and orange, but the Chargers use powder blue and yellow at home and navy and yellow on the road. IMO those two aren’t really comparable. 

On that topic, the Broncos road uniforms NEED to emphasize blue over orange, at least in my opinion. Flipping the numbers or stripes to orange just looks bad. Orange pants though? I could get on board with that

I just meant it's similar how both teams' road sets are navy-heavy, but once they each ditched navy as primary, they didn't change the road sets at all.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Exactly. Their home and away unis now make very little sense together, much like the Broncos.

The Broncos were always like that, though so it is kinda consistent. The Elway era road jerseys were blue heavy too (well besides the pants stripe):

b47a7750f4621cbe5434a0f352303eb0.jpg

7 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

Why doesn't Oakland match wear throwback logos on their helmet to match the throwback jersey? it's such a simple swap, and makes a world's difference in appearance in my opinion spacer.png

It's a 1970 Throwback, when they used the same logo.

https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-throwback-jerseys-celebrate-1970-team?utm_source=Direct

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

On 11/5/2019 at 3:19 PM, s3ahawkz said:

The Seahawks players always wear white undershirts and sleeves with the white jerseys but when they wear navy or grey jerseys they have navy undershirts and sleeves and color rush they have green accessories. It's up to the teams to decide what they want to do every game. Some teams like to use the same color for every uniform while others like to switch it up depending on what they are wearing

I like What your Seahawks do in respect to undershirts/sleeves better than my Vikes.  I still vote on contrasting sleeves to jersey color first as the best look, would call changing out to match per game jersey as Seattle does next (better), and last place would be the Vikes choice of the dark primary color only used for undershirts/sleeves all jersey versions as the worst look.

There are even a few teams that only go with white undershirts/sleeves at all times in dark or white jerseys - a look I like very well.  

All of this is not the same issue with those NBA-style compression arm sleeves.  I do recognize that on the Vikes and mostly all football teams, players seem to have a choice of which color they wear.   Here again - I would prefer the lighter shade of two-colors teams worn (yellow-Minn) or white ones - arms look bigger/stronger, contrasts with a crisp pop - just nicer appearance.👨‍⚖️

13 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints, as though we needed confirmation, have confirmed black on black. Still haven't seen black on gold vs. Atlanta since 2007. Seen it vs. TB and Carolina several times.

I'm waiting for them to wear black on white myself!

Archived