2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Froob said:

Unpopular but I think Pats standard road uni is the best look in the league. Always prefer we wear those in the Super Bowl

Respect the opinion but can't agree. The piping and side panels are out of control. De-clutter the white jersey and wear pants with real stripes and they look much better. Color rush pants for example, but could have blue, white, and grey options. 

8 hours ago, MattMill said:

Have the chargers ever worn powder blue vs the packers? That matchup had potential. 

Very mediocre matchup week overall. Too many mono color looks all around. This leagues a joke sometimes. 

For whatever reason, the Chargers have rarely worn Powder blue against NFC opponents. A couple I can recall are Thanksgiving 2017 at Dallas and 2010 vs. San Fran on a Thursday Night. When it was the alternate, it always seemed to be worn vs. at least one division opponent and then a different AFC team.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:46 AM, leopard88 said:

Ravens blackout tonight.  I assume that means black jersey and pants, though the website only lists jersey color.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/video/a-blackout-is-coming-to-m-t-bank-stadium

23 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Week 9 NFL Uniform Matchups: Five Go All-In on All-Blacks

November 3, 2019 - 17:11 PM

How many weeks does it take before teams stop resisting their natural urge to just wear all-black uniforms? Nine. Nine is the answer. This week the Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Philadelphia Eagles are all wearing […]

Read More...

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, canzman said:

Panthers @ Packers
IYa9wKO.jpg

I know the Panthers just wore their sliver pants against SF, is there a reason they don’t wear those or the white pants with white jerseys anymore? I know ownership has been more to par with experimenting.

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Interesting observation from yesterday: The Seahawks and Chargers both had painted end zones way earlier than usual since they share stadiums with soccer teams. Usually we don't see the navy endzones til around December.

The Seattle Sounders don't play till next week so the Seahawks had blue endzones. The LA team doesn't have any home games left this year so they can paint the end zones the rest of the year

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

I know the Panthers just wore their sliver pants against SF, is there a reason they don’t wear those or the white pants with white jerseys anymore? I know ownership has been more to par with experimenting.

white jersey and silver pants were only worn once in 25 years. At IND Colts.

white with white is the norm.

they usually withhold pants color til gameday.  i've not been a fan of the (old) black pants, but the newer Nike template has a larger blue leg stripe so it's less offensive (to me)... but still not a fan of the black pants.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Does anyone know why the Bills choose to wear white on white for their throwbacks at home as opposed to the usual home set blue on white? I assume it's because the white throwback jersey has a different candy cane style sleeve striping to it, but it just seems like the blue on white with the throwback helmet would look good for a change. All of their sideline gear with the throwback logo is blue. 

2 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

Does anyone know why the Bills choose to wear white on white for their throwbacks at home as opposed to the usual home set blue on white? I assume it's because the white throwback jersey has a different candy cane style sleeve striping to it, but it just seems like the blue on white with the throwback helmet would look good for a change. All of their sideline gear with the throwback logo is blue. 

The Bills haven't worn a blue version of their throwbacks since 2010. Ever since Nike took over in 2012 they've worn the white one. As to why the full change from white to blue I have no idea. Maybe they think the white throwback jersey contrasts more from their normal home/road set than the blue throwback? Maybe the white throwbacks sold more than the blue throwbacks when they wore both simultaneously in 2009 as part of the AFL anniversary?   

Archived