2019 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIV

canzman

Plain white pants with plain white socks and white shoes. I like a good all-white uniform, I think it can be very striking, but the Saints looked like interpretive dancers from the waist down. Like the ancient board meme says, NEEDS STRIPES!

2 hours ago, Boombox said:

I've heard it mentioned before that many players don't like the feel of stripes on the pants or socks, and that they also love the monotone and leotard looks. Browns players used to rave how comfortable the brown pants were many years ago because they did not have the stripe stitched in.

latest?cb=20150313213758

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2019 at 10:31 AM, msubulldog said:

The only time Miami is donning the aqua throwbacks is in December vs Philly in Miami Gardens. The Dolphins are wearing their white throwbacks in Pittsburgh on MNF in a few weeks.

Yeah, I had seen Miami's selection of throwback uniform games when they announced several months ago that they were adding the white '66 AFL away jersey to their 2019 collection which they were able to do because they no longer have the orange alternate jersey.

I thought they should have just gone back to the throwbacks as primary when they had the chance last season, as that's what their fans have been clamoring for, and in doing so only add the agua away pants option which they introduced in 1989, along with the tweaked dolphin from 1997 but to keep the original AFL sunburst ...

They looked ridiculous yesterday with those solid white socks they had on with their white away pants.  Too many teams are now doing that as we saw with the Saints yesterday with those stripeless white pants.  That solid white socks look is just too hard to comprehend for teams wearing white pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 10/20/2019 at 2:46 PM, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Nope, Baltimore brought out the purple pants again thankfully. That makes twice on the road (@ Pit & @ Sea) and once at home (vs. Arz) thus far! Apparently, according to their official website, they are wearing the Color Rush out in LA, which would mark the first time they've ever worn that on the road (if both the site and my interpretation are respectively correct). The all purple trimmed in gold thrown into the mix could end up making that game not as bad of a uniform match-up as I initially thought, since I figured black/white/white/black vs. navy/gold/gold/gold.

It's gonna look like this?

Image result for ravens color rush

Image result for rams color rush

Yiikes.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

On 10/20/2019 at 3:46 PM, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

Nope, Baltimore brought out the purple pants again thankfully. That makes twice on the road (@ Pit & @ Sea) and once at home (vs. Arz) thus far! Apparently, according to their official website, they are wearing the Color Rush out in LA, which would mark the first time they've ever worn that on the road (if both the site and my interpretation are respectively correct). The all purple trimmed in gold thrown into the mix could end up making that game not as bad of a uniform match-up as I initially thought, since I figured black/white/white/black vs. navy/gold/gold/gold.

I will say this about the white-purple combo in comparison to the (hated by popular demand???) white-black road set. I think I'm more interested in seeing the purple pants on the road simply for the argument of "eras". By that, I mean that whenever I see white jersey, black pants, I think more of the Flacco era. Now that Jackson is there, I could see myself making the same argument, if the team around him is successful a decade from now.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

Everyone is surprised that the Jets wore white socks with their all green uniforms but on their previous uniform set they wore white socks with green stripes whenever they wore all green

Except last year they started wearing the green socks with them:

hPq9MSY.jpg

U3DYQeG.jpg

Based on that, everyone had a reason to be worried

53 minutes ago, jn8 said:

Except last year they started wearing the green socks with them:

hPq9MSY.jpg

U3DYQeG.jpg

Based on that, everyone had a reason to be worried

I totally forgot about that. I was thinking of the butt fumble game when I thought about them wearing white socks with green pants 😂

Did anyone else notice that Tom Brady was the only player on either team last night (and this season overall) who was wearing a jersey without the NFL 100 patch on the collar? His jersey had the pre-2019 normal NFL patch on it. The only team allowed to omit the NFL 100 patch are the Bears since they have their own "100" patch on their chest. I just found this Brady thing to be odd. With how stringent the NFL is toward fining players, I wonder if he will be punished for this. 

Here's a photo from week 4 with the NFL 100 patch: spacer.png

Here's a photo from last night without the NFL 100 patch: 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, redskinsfan007 said:

Jim Irsay just tweeted that the Colts will be wearing Color Rush uniforms this weekend. Well that's one way to announce it lol 

Those are sneaky pretty good. I’d like to see them do a throwback too.

Archived