Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

On 1/25/2022 at 9:51 PM, Chromatic said:

Kickin' it with Kiz: Broncos should trade for Teddy Bridgewater

Off-topic but I completely forgot Teddy ever put on a Jets jersey. A quick Wikipedia search showed he only played for them in the preseason and was traded to the Saints but I had to do a double take when I saw that. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Double posting to express my disdain for the fact that the Arizona Coyotes don't use the kachina pattern on their socks.

Arizona Coyotes 25 Under 25: #19 Liam Kirk - Five For Howling

I can understand that the technical limitations of the '90s made it so the original kachina uniforms couldn't feature the pattern on the socks, but I think it would make the jerseys so much more consistent looking nowadays.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The Guardians G logo bugs me.

First, because if its (Angle? Perspectve? Whatever.) it has to be on the right sleeve and I really want patches on the left sleeve (an OCD thing).

And the "G" on the other side of the logo, even though you cannot see it, is backwards!

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, DTConcepts said:

Double posting to express my disdain for the fact that the Arizona Coyotes don't use the kachina pattern on their socks.

Arizona Coyotes 25 Under 25: #19 Liam Kirk - Five For Howling

I can understand that the technical limitations of the '90s made it so the original kachina uniforms couldn't feature the pattern on the socks, but I think it would make the jerseys so much more consistent looking nowadays.

They should've for sure. I mean Tampa has socks like these: 

nikita-kucherov-tampa-bay-lightning-unsi

• Hurl 1

On 10/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, tBBP said:

I don't know that I'd call this a little thing, but it's definitely been aggravating me lately...

Derrick Henry has been doing it for a while, but in the past year or two lately increasing number of Snatit Titans players have been electing to go with red accessories with their uniforms...and it just looks so out of place...

1285850502-850x560.jpeg

ap_5f1e45d250b24e7aa5396bf5a8d9ce1c-1.jp

15178031-850x560.jpeg

Titans-2021-draft-needs-scaled.jpg

I would be lying if I didn't say the red accents look alright on the all-navy look in minimal doses, but for a team that has 6 total colors on the uniform (navy, light blue, white, red, light gray, dark gray), and red not being that prominent of one, they need to condense their color range a bit for the red to look in place. Also, light blue accomplishes the same thing as red in brightening up the look a bit, but it doesn't detract from the rest of the uniform. Plus, there is already a navy and red heavy team in the same division in the Texans. We don't need two of them, hence why I prefer light blue as an accent color here.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 1/27/2022 at 11:59 PM, Crabcake said:

Off-topic but I completely forgot Teddy ever put on a Jets jersey. A quick Wikipedia search showed he only played for them in the preseason and was traded to the Saints but I had to do a double take when I saw that. 

I had the exact opposite reaction. For some reason, I remembered him being on the Jets for years, just to find out it was only one preseason.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 10/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, eastfirst107 said:

I've watched countless MLB games and had never really noticed this before...do players have leeway in choosing the color of their belts on their own? It was sort of distracting to see the Padres wearing both yellow and black (brown?) belts last night...

Wild Card Series - San Diego Padres v New York Mets - Game Three

Cionel Perez often wore an orange belt this season.  I don't recall anyone else on the Orioles wearing one.

I don't remember when he started (or when I first noticed it), but there are also a lot of pictures on the web of him wearing a black belt like the rest of the team.

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

As an Islanders fan, the team’s sock striping has always bugged me. The socks don’t match the jersey striping, they don’t match each other, and they stick out like a sore thumb once you notice them.

islanders-streak-featured.jpg?quality=75

15nhl-islanders2-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Makes me insane. The white uniforms are fine, it's the decisions made with the blue uniforms that kill me.

First of all, why would you go back to your classic colors, but not the blue uni that won 4 straight cups? If you're going back to the 1976 jerseys, which it looks like they did, why go out of your way to use socks that don't match the hem or sleeve stripes when the socks and sleeve stripes actually did match on those uniforms.

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 10/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, eastfirst107 said:

I've watched countless MLB games and had never really noticed this before...do players have leeway in choosing the color of their belts on their own? It was sort of distracting to see the Padres wearing both yellow and black (brown?) belts last night...

I think it was 2019 that they gave up on belts the way the NFL has given up on socks.  The thing is, it wasn't even a problem!  I don't recall anyone bucking the team-standard belt until around that time, and now we see contrasting colors, shiny ones, and it's only a matter of time before someone goes out there with a fancy western belt buckle or championship belt.

I'd hate it, but in some cases it's an improvement (for example, Bryce Harper sometimes wearing blue belt with their day-game throwback alternate that should have all-blue trim, but for some reason they go with red.)

This:
1396579677.jpeg

is better than this:
Mickey-Moniak-make-or-break.jpeg?width=8

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 11/15/2022 at 8:22 AM, Sport said:

Makes me insane. The white uniforms are fine, it's the decisions made with the blue uniforms that kill me.

First of all, why would you go back to your classic colors, but not the blue uni that won 4 straight cups? If you're going back to the 1976 jerseys, which it looks like they did, why go out of your way to use socks that don't match the hem or sleeve stripes when the socks and sleeve stripes actually did match on those uniforms.

Looking through the Isles jersey history there, they haven't had completely matching socks to jerseys, both dark and white, since the 1977-78 season.

IbjBaeE.png

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The overbearing outlines on the tv numbers of the Dolphins throwbacks that cause the numbers to look like they’re just on an orange background. Specifically, numbers 3-5-6-8-9-0

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's era-accurate.

51GXZR5ey8L._SX425_.jpgjessepowell.jpg?w=610

• Like 3