Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

33 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I don’t watch much AL baseball, so I just noticed this the other night:

spacer.png

The Piping doesn’t match and it looks Busch league. Either spring for a second pair of white pants with blue piping to pair with the orange tops or, better yet, just wear your white jerseys that match the pants.

It's a jersey that can be worn  home or away, so picking blue instead of white was the better decision. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Speaking of the Astros, is it just me or does any of their current jerseys that say "Astros" look offset or misaligned?  Maybes it's just where the letters fall in line against the headspoon.

20531481?$pdp-gallery-ng$

The road Houston jersey doesnt seem to have this issue.

houston-astros-mens-replica-baseball-jer

I bet it's because "ASTROS" has an even number of letters, while "HOUSTON" doesn't. Because of the buttons on the jersey, they can't really align the word Astros without there being a huge gap in the middle of the word. Houston can have the 'S' comfortably in the middle, while Astros is a little misplaced.

• Like 6

One of the many small things that collectively add up to this uniform not being great, the wordmark on the Seahawks front helmet bumper is different from their regular wordmark and I can't find an example of it being used anywhere else. 

I actually like the font but I don't know where it came from or why it found its way exclusively to the front bumper of the helmet.

Pre-Snap Reads 9/16: DK Metcalf on his friendship with Titans' A.J. Brown -  Field Gulls

51 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

One of the many small things that collectively add up to this uniform not being great, the wordmark on the Seahawks front helmet bumper is different from their regular wordmark and I can't find an example of it being used anywhere else. 

I actually like the font but I don't know where it came from or why it found its way exclusively to the front bumper of the helmet.

Pre-Snap Reads 9/16: DK Metcalf on his friendship with Titans' A.J. Brown -  Field Gulls

It’s just a condensed version to fit all the front bumpers. There are some that are narrower than DK’s that the regular font wouldn’t fit. They should just put the logo there so it wouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I hate that the pattern inside the numbers makes the number a lighter shade than the stripes, helmet, 7 pants. everything is navy, and they look like they have royal numbers from a distance.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

Like @dont care said, it's just a super condensed version. There's a couple teams that do it, the Broncos being one as well.

usa_today_16807764.0.jpg

17 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s just a condensed version to fit all the front bumpers. There are some that are narrower than DK’s that the regular font wouldn’t fit. They should just put the logo there so it wouldn’t be a problem.

And I would argue if its a "super condensed version", its a different wordmark.

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have I mentioned this in this thread before? 

Watching their game on Sunday I was reminded how I hate how low on the helmet the Raiders place their helmet stickers. 

uzan3la9aaasiijedgxr

Derek-Carr4.jpg

so I thought maybe this was a recent development with new helmets and all their silly holes and ridges. Nope. They've always put it pretty close to the earhole. 

raiders_brown_2.jpg?w=620

91CPm+P3DpL._AC_SX425_.jpg

00STABLERSUB-superJumbo-v2.jpg

It just looks a lot worse on the modern helmets. Raiders, move it up and inch and a half and I promise you it'll look better. 

• Like 5

PvO6ZWJ.png

7 hours ago, Sport said:

Have I mentioned this in this thread before? 

Watching their game on Sunday I was reminded how I hate how low on the helmet the Raiders place their helmet stickers. 

uzan3la9aaasiijedgxr

Derek-Carr4.jpg

so I thought maybe this was a recent development with new helmets and all their silly holes and ridges. Nope. They've always put it pretty close to the earhole. 

raiders_brown_2.jpg?w=620

91CPm+P3DpL._AC_SX425_.jpg

00STABLERSUB-superJumbo-v2.jpg

It just looks a lot worse on the modern helmets. Raiders, move it up and inch and a half and I promise you it'll look better. 

Disagree, the logo is on the flattest part of the helmet making there be significantly less warp than if it was placed higher. It’s also isn’t placed at an upward angle making it difficult to read.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

16 hours ago, dont care said:

Disagree, the logo is on the flattest part of the helmet making there be significantly less warp than if it was placed higher. It’s also isn’t placed at an upward angle making it difficult to read.

Fine I'll argue this.

Moving it up just a little bit won't render it "difficult to read" or warp it anymore than it already is.

Here's examples: 

Replica helmet with a sticker placed in the ideal location by a normal person. Not much warping or difficulty reading the type. The helmet at that point isn't more or less flat than where the Raiders normally place their decals. 

LasVegasRaidersRiddellSpeedAuthentic01_1

Compared to this Game used helmet with sticker placed by a psychopath. 

LasVegasRaidersSpeedFlex01_1024x.jpg?v=1

Move it up one inch. It won't warp beyond legibility and you avoid the facemask and chin straps. 

• Like 16

PvO6ZWJ.png

Going off the lines of the Raiders detail, South Florida has issues aligning the logo on the left side of the helmet and it bugs the crap out of me.  This helmet option is my least favorite, and its the most egregious one of the bunch.  I get that some models have slots and holes along the shell, but there has to be some consistency.

EGHpkXaUYAISoae.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Going off the lines of the Raiders detail, South Florida has issues aligning the logo on the left side of the helmet and it bugs the crap out of me.  This helmet option is my least favorite, and its the most egregious one of the bunch.  I get that some models have slots and holes along the shell, but there has to be some consistency.

EGHpkXaUYAISoae.jpg

Always disliked that USF U logo on it's own for that reason. It's so unbalanced. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really like the color balance on those USF helmets. There was nothing worse then when they threw a black "U/Bull" on the gold helmet.

This probably would have looked better on a 1990s Riddell or Bike helmet but I can live with it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 1 month later...

If you ask me personally, I prefer when NFL teams have matching helmet and pants colors for when the jersey color doesn’t match.

White helmet + red jersey + white pants how I’d prefer it over black helmet + red jersey + white pants.

For uniforms where the helmet color is a deeper/darker color (for instance, black over white), I prefer either to make the jersey color match the helmet color (navy blue helmet + navy blue jersey + white pants) or make the pants color match the helmet (navy blue helmet + orange jersey + navy blue pants).

I don’t know if this forum considers this miniscule, but I’ll try and see how this first post of mine goes.

Edited by AkiraleTorimaki
Misspelling
  • Like 1

Washington’s (impending former) inconsistency with its gold sleeve stripe

I wouldn’t even consider it a stripe by any measure. The way it wraps all the way around the cut of the sleeve but the burgundy and white stripes remain where it is intended to go.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Cuts where both stripes are equal-

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 1/24/2022 at 5:56 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Washington’s (impending former) inconsistency with its gold sleeve stripe

I wouldn’t even consider it a stripe by any measure. The way it wraps all the way around the cut of the sleeve but the burgundy and white stripes remain where it is intended to go.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Cuts where both stripes are equal-

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think this one can be applied to all NFL jerseys. Since they have different cuts it can lead to the complete mangling of some designs.

Sebastian Janikowski wins Seattle Seahawks kicking job after Jason Myers is  cut - oregonlive.com

49ers LB Patrick Willis retiring after injury-shortened season - New York  Daily News

Kickin' it with Kiz: Broncos should trade for Teddy Bridgewater

• Like 4