2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

buzzcut

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I spend a lot of time on reddit NBA but Jesus Christ, the 3-1 Nuggets jokes. We get it.

I like reddit for the most part but every sports sub I've frequented seems to turn into a circle jerk of the same, low-effort jokes recycled endlessly.

IUe6Hvh.png

12 minutes ago, See Red said:

I like reddit for the most part but every sports sub I've frequented seems to turn into a circle jerk of the same, low-effort jokes recycled endlessly.

That's why I join the circlejerk subs first.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Real tale of two halves there. At their best and at their worst, the Celtics are a team chock full of Very Good without anyone who’s All-NBA level. That only works with aggressive play and a real team spirit.

Boston is so much more competitive against this team when they’re attacking the paint repeatedly — tough adjustment for this roster but hopefully they’ve seen enough to do that more from the start next game.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

How sweet it is. The Lakers are back in the Finals. 

I was still a teenager last time this happened lmao. 

Lakers and LeBron curbstomped the west to get there too. What a series.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm disappointed that the West didn't turn out as exciting as it was suppose to be. I don't see LeBron losing to either team in the East in a championship series.

At least if they win, the Lakers fans that were originally against LeBron joining LA because "Kobe's better", can shut the hell up about it.

Not gonna lie, I would love the Lakers to win their 17th, tying the Celtics for most all-time, by beating the Celtics. 

But I also don’t mind if the Celtics get bounced by the Heat too. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I'm disappointed that the West didn't turn out as exciting as it was suppose to be. I don't see LeBron losing to either team in the East in a championship series.

At least if they win, the Lakers fans that were originally against LeBron joining LA because "Kobe's better", can shut the hell up about it.

How was it not exciting? Denver had two 7-game series, OKC/Houston went 7, and the Blazers had an amazing bubble run to make the playoffs. Plus even though it was 5 games, the Denver/Lakers series was really even.

I know we didn't see LA/LA, but the WCF did come down to the two best teams, and the two teams that most wanted to be there.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jazz - Nuggets & Nuggets-Clippers were fun, but outside of that the west was a slog knowing it was just a formality for Lebron making yet another :censored:ing Finals. 

No shock, the conference without Lebron proves to be far more entertaining.  

Last year reminded me how much fun the NBA playoffs can be, this year reminded me how boring it is because of Lebron.

5 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Jazz - Nuggets & Nuggets-Clippers were fun, but outside of that the west was a slog knowing it was just a formality for Lebron making yet another :censored:ing Finals. 

No shock, the conference without Lebron proves to be far more entertaining.  

Last year reminded me how much fun the NBA playoffs can be, this year reminded me how boring it is because of Lebron.

We get it you don’t like Lebron 

LeBron James has made the Finals in 10 out of 17 seasons. When he's made the playoffs, he's made the Finals in 10 out of 14 seasons. He's 10-1 in conference finals.

I get being annoyed by his consistency and greatness; most of us hate the Pats and Tom Brady for similar reasons. But unlike the Pats, LeBron doesn't cheat and has been the underdog in at least half of his championship runs (07, 15, 16, 17, 18).

I don't think a run like this will ever happen again.

Archived