buzzcut

2019-20 NBA Thread of Threads

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I spend a lot of time on reddit NBA but Jesus Christ, the 3-1 Nuggets jokes. We get it.

 

I like reddit for the most part but every sports sub I've frequented seems to turn into a circle jerk of the same, low-effort jokes recycled endlessly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, See Red said:

 

I like reddit for the most part but every sports sub I've frequented seems to turn into a circle jerk of the same, low-effort jokes recycled endlessly.

That's why I join the circlejerk subs first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Celtics Internet is trying to fire Brad Stevens before tonight’s game has even been played, so I’m gonna need more gin to get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Real tale of two halves there. At their best and at their worst, the Celtics are a team chock full of Very Good without anyone who’s All-NBA level. That only works with aggressive play and a real team spirit.

 

Boston is so much more competitive against this team when they’re attacking the paint repeatedly — tough adjustment for this roster but hopefully they’ve seen enough to do that more from the start next game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How sweet it is. The Lakers are back in the Finals. 
 

I was still a teenager last time this happened lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rockstar Matt said:

How sweet it is. The Lakers are back in the Finals. 
 

I was still a teenager last time this happened lmao. 

 

Lakers and LeBron curbstomped the west to get there too. What a series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm disappointed that the West didn't turn out as exciting as it was suppose to be. I don't see LeBron losing to either team in the East in a championship series.

 

At least if they win, the Lakers fans that were originally against LeBron joining LA because "Kobe's better", can shut the hell up about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sure was nice to have 1 year without Lebron in The Finals. 🙄

 

I'm almost indifferent to if The Celtics make it. Because if they do, of :censored:ing course it would be against the god damn Lakers for the THIRD TIME IN A ROW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie, I would love the Lakers to win their 17th, tying the Celtics for most all-time, by beating the Celtics. 
 

But I also don’t mind if the Celtics get bounced by the Heat too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I'm disappointed that the West didn't turn out as exciting as it was suppose to be. I don't see LeBron losing to either team in the East in a championship series.

 

At least if they win, the Lakers fans that were originally against LeBron joining LA because "Kobe's better", can shut the hell up about it.

 

How was it not exciting? Denver had two 7-game series, OKC/Houston went 7, and the Blazers had an amazing bubble run to make the playoffs. Plus even though it was 5 games, the Denver/Lakers series was really even.

 

I know we didn't see LA/LA, but the WCF did come down to the two best teams, and the two teams that most wanted to be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazz - Nuggets & Nuggets-Clippers were fun, but outside of that the west was a slog knowing it was just a formality for Lebron making yet another :censored:ing Finals. 

No shock, the conference without Lebron proves to be far more entertaining.  

 

Last year reminded me how much fun the NBA playoffs can be, this year reminded me how boring it is because of Lebron.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Jazz - Nuggets & Nuggets-Clippers were fun, but outside of that the west was a slog knowing it was just a formality for Lebron making yet another :censored:ing Finals. 

No shock, the conference without Lebron proves to be far more entertaining.  

 

Last year reminded me how much fun the NBA playoffs can be, this year reminded me how boring it is because of Lebron.

We get it you don’t like Lebron 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lakers meet Celtics for 17 and LeBron meets the Heat are both pretty compelling narratives, if we must have one. (I really don’t need any more saccharine Kobe content, though.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd much prefer to not have the millionth Celtics-Lakers Finals and instead have LeBron vs. the Team That Won Him His First Rings DION WAITERS REVENGE FINALS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LeBron James has made the Finals in 10 out of 17 seasons. When he's made the playoffs, he's made the Finals in 10 out of 14 seasons. He's 10-1 in conference finals.

 

I get being annoyed by his consistency and greatness; most of us hate the Pats and Tom Brady for similar reasons. But unlike the Pats, LeBron doesn't cheat and has been the underdog in at least half of his championship runs (07, 15, 16, 17, 18).

 

I don't think a run like this will ever happen again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.