New (Old) Reebok logo

TrueYankee26

In my opinion, Reebok is wise to revive the vector logo (a clearly more memorable emblem than the delta pattern), but is foolish to bring back also the rather 1970s-like (e.g. Starsky & Hutch) wordmark that accompanied the vector design.

1 hour ago, Walk-Off said:

In my opinion, Reebok is wise to revive the vector logo (a clearly more memorable emblem than the delta pattern), but is foolish to bring back also the rather 1970s-like (e.g. Starsky & Hutch) wordmark that accompanied the vector design.

Motter Tektura.

motter_tektura_logos.jpg

The 2008-current wordmark isn't terrible and might've worked with the return to the vector.

Reebok-Logo-history.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 4:07 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I never liked the vector. Just looked ugly to me.

I agree, especially on NFL jerseys. It was always my least liked logo of the big shoe companies, but I do really like it for nostalgia purposes and they basically threw all of that out of the window when they switched to the "delta".

While it works as an identifying mark on shoes, it doesn't work in any other context.  It was pretty clearly designed to be put on shoes, where the three ends can touch the ends of the shoe.  Seeing it in a truncated form just doesn't work for me.  They should just keep it on shoes, but have some other kind of logo as a company mark.  While the delta was certainly not a strong logo, something like that, which could be used on the tongue of shoes, maybe the heel, and on merch (including jersey sleeve ads if they ever get a football deal again), would have worked.

I feel the same way about adidas' stripes - their three-pointed round 'vintage' logo works way better than the three-striped triangle.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

While it works as an identifying mark on shoes, it doesn't work in any other context.  It was pretty clearly designed to be put on shoes, where the three ends can touch the ends of the shoe.  Seeing it in a truncated form just doesn't work for me.  They should just keep it on shoes, but have some other kind of logo as a company mark.  While the delta was certainly not a strong logo, something like that, which could be used on the tongue of shoes, maybe the heel, and on merch (including jersey sleeve ads if they ever get a football deal again), would have worked.

I feel the same way about adidas' stripes - their three-pointed round 'vintage' logo works way better than the three-striped triangle.

They could go back to the Union Jack they had before the vector logo. But I see why the moved off it. I personally have no issues with the logo, it’s very distinct and you can easily tell it apart from any other logo, maybe add a frame to the logo similar to the one used in the NFL but that’s about all that’s needed.

I doubt the UJ is trademarkable.  Even if it was, it wouldn't work in the way I'm thinking (jersey sleeves / upper chests, like where the Swoosh is.)

I coulda sworn they had a unique logo (Separate from the vector and UJ) back in the '80s, but that history graphic argues otherwise.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived