MLS Chicago Fire FC Reveal Disappointing New Logo

Sodboy13

Réal Fresh Lake.

But wait, there's less!

Also, there was apparently some sort of rollout video shown to supporters, and the bold new tagline is "BE A CLUB," which is up there with Pierre Dorion saying "We're a team" while attempting to find something positive in the Ottawa Senators.

And one final insult (for today, anyway): Several people have pointed out that using a yellow crown shape not only gets you compared unfavorably to RSL, it also mimics the color and imagery of the Latin Kings, which has been a massive street gang in Chicago for over 30 years. Good job, good effort all around, way to capture that local flavor via some graphic design hacks out of Brooklyn.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they go from the St. Florian Cross which was unique in North American sports, and one of my favorite MLS logos, to some generic clip artish type crap a 5 year old could have put together in a basic computer class.  Hell, I could have come up with this.  Might have to make a run on some old gear before it's gone.

What an absolute disaster. They’re possibly going from one of the most memorable badges in MLS to something so bland and lacking any real significance. Man this makes the Revs logo look like a timeless classic!

hopefully the support groups can be LOUD enough that they pull a Niners one-day helmet or even more realistically what happened with Everton a few years back.

this has to be a joke but recently, that never seems the case. Buckle up Chicago...

6 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Réal Fresh Lake.

But wait, there's less!

Also, there was apparently some sort of rollout video shown to supporters, and the bold new tagline is "BE A CLUB," which is up there with Pierre Dorion saying "We're a team" while attempting to find something positive in the Ottawa Senators.

And one final insult (for today, anyway): Several people have pointed out that using a yellow crown shape not only gets you compared unfavorably to RSL, it also mimics the color and imagery of the Latin Kings, which has been a massive street gang in Chicago for over 30 years. Good job, good effort all around, way to capture that local flavor via some graphic design hacks out of Brooklyn.

Worst part is that somebody at Adidas got paid more than I'll make in the next five years to :censored: this out.  Why rebrand in the first place? The original logo was great and better than this generic garbage.  (Unless going generic was their way of celebrating a Walgreens sponsorship :rimshot: )

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I wonder if the move to a Barcelona look, as has been suggested, is an attempt to tap into the Latino La Liga fan base that resides in and around Chicago. 

I don’t think this change will accomplish that. Just thinking out loud. 

The star/flame thing reminds of some old (circa 1960s) tv/movie studio logo*, but I can't for the life of me figure out what studio used it.

* -- . . . or at least I swear such a thing exists, though I may just be imagining it. At a minimum, it looks it could have been a tv/movie studio logo from the 60s.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Oh wow, it's actually an oval?? I thought that was a distortion of a roundel due to a crappy photo. It still kind of looks like one, actually.

And a NAVY BLUE Fire home jersey. The pointlessness of it all is stunning.

The contempt that MLS regularly shows for its fans in service of aimless tinkering never ceases to amaze me.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

10 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Honest to God, this was better. And this was definitely not good!

8zmDUp6.png

gHYYTNX.png

But still better than the new dumpster Fire logo.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

14 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The white jersey looks like a Germany primary kit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm a fan of St. Louis sports and even I feel bad for Chicago sports fans right now. The logo is not improved at all by the introduction of color, and if anything it's worse. What a mess.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Wait, is that it?  Or a fan concept?  I’ve been looking for that for a long time. 

That is it. I can't find the image now, but over the summer, someone posted an actual embroidered badge, and Peter Wilt confirmed its legitimacy, saying he'd had one in his desk for years. The actual badge seemed more Carolina Panthers test blue than royal blue, though.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

35 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Oh, :censored: me. And :censored: you, Joe and Nelson.

Go Red Stars.

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

That is it. I can't find the image now, but over the summer, someone posted an actual embroidered badge, and Peter Wilt confirmed its legitimacy, saying he'd had one in his desk for years. The actual badge seemed more Carolina Panthers test blue than royal blue, though.

Whoa. 

That’s amazing.  And yes, the blue looks brighter. 

Archived