MLS Chicago Fire FC Reveal Disappointing New Logo

Sodboy13

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I’d assume this now guarantees St. Louis won’t use these colors. It’s the colors of the St. Louis flag and the new ownership group, MLS4THELOU, so it had previously seemed likely they might adopt those colors.

Based off MLS's love of teams wearing nearly indistinguishable powder/double blues, I can't imagine any reason MLS wouldn't welcome another red-blue-yellow team into the fold.

Also, the Latin Kings connection is a real laugher.

https://www.chicagofirefc.com/standforchicago

This is a slap in the face to Chicago and its history. That red kit with the white chest stripe was one of the classic designs in the league and it’s been destroyed. The old crest looked a touch outdated and could have done with a freshening up, but not for this. This looks like something you’d see for an e-sports team or the like.

spacer.png

I will say that new typeface for Chicago Fire is great. Keep the Florian crest but add that text and some Chicago sky blue and you'd have a nice modern update. Oops!

What a bizarro waste that MLS has so many teams using variations on light blue, but not the team where it makes the most sense of all.

When you don't stop to think about whether a change is truly needed, you get crap like this flame-star thing that looks like neither.

Massive downgrade.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

Mentioned it upthread, and others, including @the admiral, noted it too. A yellow crown in Chicago has been a mark of the Latin Kings for decades.

I should have been more specific. A three pronged pitchfork is also a symbol used by GDK and their allies. Either way, it makes me uneasy. 

SHUT UP IT'S WINTER WEIGHT

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

https://www.chicagofirefc.com/standforchicago

This is a slap in the face to Chicago and its history. That red kit with the white chest stripe was one of the classic designs in the league and it’s been destroyed. The old crest looked a touch outdated and could have done with a freshening up, but not for this. This looks like something you’d see for an e-sports team or the like.

spacer.png

Man when did Real Salt Lake move to Chicago

Archived