Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

8 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

But some like the falcons just aren’t distinct to me and look like High School jerseys not to mention the awful old logo 

They just came out with a gradient jersey and you're calling the throwbacks high school looking ones? What am I missing here?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

They just came out with a gradient jersey and you're calling the throwbacks high school looking ones? What am I missing here?

can you show me a high school team with gradient uniforms? My high school at least were just super plain

7 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

can you show me a high school team with gradient uniforms? My high school at least were just super plain

College and High School football is home to some of the ugliest alternate uniforms in sports. They're always stupid gimmicks clearly trying to appeal to 8th graders who wear knee high neon green socks and Phiten sports necklaces.

My high schools alternate is military digital camo and they aren't even a military school. They are absolutely horrendous. Stuff like that doesn't belong in professional sports.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, BucksFan5 said:

College and High School football is home to some of the ugliest alternate uniforms in sports. They're always stupid gimmicks clearly trying to appear to 8th graders who wear knee high neon green socks and Phiten sports necklaces.

My high schools alternate is military digital camo and they aren't even a military school. They are absolutely horrendous. Stuff like that doesn't belong in professional sports.

Here are some images of HS teams on google

920x920.jpg

STC-L-aptosfb-1110-05_70155292.jpg?w=450

maxresdefault.jpg

And here was my HS football team’s jerseys

maxresdefault.jpg

seriously most HS don’t even make their own logos and just reuse pro teams logos

18 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Do you want to know the brand of his jock strap? The name of his father?

thanks for answering my question but back to the Browns as long as they make it like their previous set i’m OK with it. Browns are a no nonsense old school team and so their classic look fits them even if i think their current one are fine

The Browns traditional set has a lot going for it. 

The Brown and Orange are separated by white on the brown jersey and well blocked on the white jersey. 

This prevents brown and orange, two similar shades, from becoming muddled like they do in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s versions. 

It’s one reason I actually like the solid white stripe on the helmet slightly better. 

The single color numbers have a similar effect. A lack of ornamentation doesn’t muddle the colors. I actually thought the slight drop shadow wasn’t a terrible idea as it gave just a hint of extra detail without crowding. Of course the current set botched that by making the numbers orange, adding the extra fabric base, the wonky font, and the contrast stitching but theoretically it’s a decent idea. 

13 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The Browns traditional set has a lot going for it. 

The Brown and Orange are separated by white on the brown jersey and well blocked on the white jersey. 

This prevents brown and orange, two similar shades, from becoming muddled like they do in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s versions. 

It’s one reason I actually like the solid white stripe on the helmet slightly better. 

The single color numbers have a similar effect. A lack of ornamentation doesn’t muddle the colors. I actually thought the slight drop shadow wasn’t a terrible idea as it gave just a hint of extra detail without crowding. Of course the current set botched that by making the numbers orange, adding the extra fabric base, the wonky font, and the contrast stitching but theoretically it’s a decent idea. 

You think brown and orange are similar shades?

This is a very unpopular opinion, but looking back at the inevitable former Browns uniform set, they really weren’t all that bad of a modernization attempt on a traditional uniform. It was arguably poorly executed with the “BROWNS” on the pants and the overstretching of the sleeve stripes among other things, but by no means was the set terrible beyond repair.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This is a very unpopular opinion, but looking back at the inevitable former Browns uniform set, they really weren’t all that bad of a modernization attempt on a traditional uniform. It was arguably poorly executed with the “BROWNS” on the pants and the overstretching of the sleeve stripes among other things, but by no means was the set terrible beyond repair.

Seriously. Removed the contrast stitching, the lettering on the pants and the overstretched sleeve stripes and it doesn’t look too bad even with the huge CLEVELAND on the chest  

"If they only took away the major design elements, it would be fine" is not a good fix of a poor uniform. 

The stupid wordmarks, stitching, and extended stripes were the whole damn design. If you take those away, what are you even left with?

spacer.png

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

After messing with the levels it looks like the white jersey has brown numbers and traditional 5 stripes (brown-orange-brown-orange-brown) on the sleeves. No wordmark on the front. Not even a small one. Brown facemask stays.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 12.38.34 PM

This is why I love this board. You are my people. 

17 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Seriously. Removed the contrast stitching, the lettering on the pants and the overstretched sleeve stripes and it doesn’t look too bad even with the huge CLEVELAND on the chest  

Even the contrast stitching isn't that bad.

Archived