Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

At this point, would "Sporting Cleveland Browns" be a good idea, with both teams sharing the name and colors? 😉 

Maybe if they were owned by the same group. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I could definitely get behind a Cleveland Baseball Browns and a Cleveland Football Browns.

2) I ran into Wendel Pierce on Bourbon St. one night.  My friend was telling me how cool it would be to see him, because he's from New Orleans, and was just going on and on and on and on about him.  So by complete chance, I actually see him - just standing there in the middle of the street.  I'm elbowing my friend, who's still talking about how cool it would be if we saw him, and he's like "stop elbowing me, that's annoying" until he finally looked over and saw him too.  So I'm talking to him, tell him I'm from Phila, and his first words were "what the hell is Chip Kelly doing to that team?  He's a damn fool.  Ain't gonna win nothin' till they get rid of that guy."  Well, history shows that they fired Chip Kelly and went on to become Super Bowl champions by winning the Super Bowl, and to this day, they are still the Super Bowl LII champions, and it's not likely that they'll ever lose that title.  Bunk knows football.

4 hours ago, colortv said:

DaringWarpedAmericanredsquirrel-size_res

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You don't need Sigmund Freud to tell you the crazy big "Cleveland" on the jersey and "Browns" on the pants was a spastic over-reaction to the  insecurities that resulted from decades with no logo on their helmets (my wife pointed out the negative imagery that might be associated with the word  Browns printed down your leg 🙄)

I didn't like the orange stitching on their Brown jerseys. You'd have to see them in closeup to notice, but it looked like an 8 year old's new Levi's or something.

Anyway, I always loved the orange pants, especially with the brown jerseys and orange helmets!

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

2 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

You don't need Sigmund Freud to tell you the crazy big "Cleveland" on the jersey and "Browns" on the pants was a spastic over-reaction to the  insecurities that resulted from decades with no logo on their helmets (my wife pointed out the negative imagery that might be associated with the word  Browns printed down your leg 🙄)

I didn't like the orange stitching on their Brown jerseys. You'd have to see them in closeup to notice, but it looked like an 8 year old's new Levi's or something.

Anyway, I always loved the orange pants, especially with the brown jerseys and orange helmets!

spacer.png

This is the exact look they need, love the matte pants.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

the crazy big "Cleveland" on the jersey and "Browns" on the pants was a spastic over-reaction to the  insecurities that resulted from decades with no logo on their helmets

Insecurities due to no logo on their helmets?  Wow, that's a new one.  

3 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

(my wife pointed out the negative imagery that might be associated with the word  Browns printed down your leg 🙄)

That's very mature.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Insecurities due to no logo on their helmets?  Wow, that's a new one.  

That's very mature.

Okay okay, fair enough. But please don't take me too seriously. I'm just yakkin' ... and that doesn't always translate well in written form. Please know I don't REALLY think the Browns organization is run by mental patients, nor do I think 'Browns' is a particularly funny euphemism.

When I first saw those words on their unis, I was literally shocked. Exactly like that ridiculous 49ers logo and helmet ... shocking. They announcedthe change, but soon after canceled when the fans went berserk.  The 49ers ever played a game in 'em. I thought the Browns would cancel, too, but ...... 

spacer.png

wS7MJ6T.png

I'm not complaining, not really, but you guys are kind of touchy around here.

I once posted in a thread called 'Players in the Wrong Uniforms' ... like Joe Namath with the Rams, or Peter Forsberg with the Predators, the thread is still active.

Anyway, I posted a big pic of Peyton Manning with the Colts, and some guy got pretty ticked off. We had signatures then, and mine was all Broncos, Nuggets, etc ... I figured it was obviously a goof. But he asks "can't you read?" and stuff. 

I dunno ... maybe I'm just an a-hole, but only in writing.

wS7MJ6T.png

On 4/2/2020 at 6:45 PM, heavybass said:

I think the helmet on the top is probably what they're gonna be wearing going forward.

I just noticed that the graphics of Browns helmets associated with Browns articles on Cleveland.com have changed to a grey facemask.  Might just be an error, or....

spacer.png

Specifically there is an article on the sports frontpage entitled, "The unforeseen disadvantage Kevin Stefanski and the Browns face this season: This Week in the Cleveland Browns"...

45 minutes ago, sealbrownandorange said:

I just noticed that the graphics of Browns helmets associated with Browns articles on Cleveland.com have changed to a grey facemask.  Might just be an error, or....

spacer.png

Specifically there is an article on the sports frontpage entitled, "The unforeseen disadvantage Kevin Stefanski and the Browns face this season: This Week in the Cleveland Browns"...

I have officially gotten my hopes up. Gray facemask is my favorite. 

T1oYViW.png

1 hour ago, BroncoBuff said:

spacer.png

I always thought the real reason behind that change was because of the rumors they were looking for a new stadium. If they moved to Sacramento, as it was rumored, the change would already be made. 

41 minutes ago, selby56 said:

I have officially gotten my hopes up. Gray facemask is my favorite. 

I am not seeing things, right?  I am hoping more members from the board can go on Cleveland.com and confirm what I am seeing.

I just logged on there to view the sports section and its the first thing I noticed - it jumped right out at me.  I don't think it can be a coincidence - can it?

Keep the Brown face mask helmet.

Use regular white numbers for home and brown for away.

Go back to traditional sleeve stripes but little larger in width.

Keep pants but remove Browns and have the stripes go all the way to the bottom.

Keep all orange socks, all brown socks and white socks. No stripes.

Easy and clean.

The hell with the grey face mask.

On 4/5/2020 at 5:33 PM, Newport said:

Easy and clean.

Browns should use striped socks based off the jersey. Plain brown socks look horrible.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, Newport said:

Easy and clean.

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

Browns should use striped socks based off the jersey. Plain brown socks look horrible.

Yeah, sock stripes and a gray facemask. Let see if I can throw together a quick concept...

spacer.png

On 4/5/2020 at 3:37 PM, BroncoBuff said:

When I first saw those words on their unis, I was literally shocked. Exactly like that ridiculous 49ers logo and helmet ... shocking. They announcedthe change, but soon after canceled when the fans went berserk.  The 49ers ever played a game in 'em. I thought the Browns would cancel, too, but ...... 

spacer.png

We live in a very different world than we did in 1991.  It's just no longer possible to turn on a dime, no matter how bad the reaction is.

Archived