Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love when a team can deviate from its standard home and road set from time to time, but there’s no need for the Browns to add a gray jersey to their brown home jersey, orange alternate jersey and white road jersey set. Easier to admit the gray facemask would be out of place than to add an extra jersey to the rotation just to make it fit.

56 minutes ago, heavybass said:

That could work

They'll just end up looking like a dingy white jersey, just like every other Nike grey jersey. 

23 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I love when a team can deviate from its standard home and road set from time to time, but there’s no need for the Browns to add a gray jersey to their brown home jersey, orange alternate jersey and white road jersey set. Easier to admit the gray facemask would be out of place than to add an extra jersey to the rotation just to make it fit.

Exactly! 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, heavybass said:

In a game where White dominates everything, someone needs to do what the Guardians are doing and say no to white.... or go cream, cream will be an alternative but the purists will scream MUH ROAD UNIS

Ah yes, it’s we “purists” who are preventing teams from having a road uniform that isn’t white. It’s definitely got nothing to due with the league rules explicitly requiring teams to have a white jersey.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, OldSmoke said:

Threw these together for you...

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Very nice job.  However, while Grey definitely works and I'd be all for it, I think it should be reserved as a Alternate or Color Rush.

52 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Can't wait for the Browns to unveil their new logo -- which of course will be the embarrassing, plainass, 90s-style helmet they always use

Remember how excited this board was for the last time they unveiled a new logo, and it was just a different shade of orange on the same helmet clipart? That was funny. It was even less than a new hat for Malibu Stacy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, OldSmoke said:

I like the first two a lot.  Nice job.  I think that white can be worked in if necessary.  It could mitigate the risk of the gray just looking "dirty", and make it look intentional.  Or, maybe the sleeve stripes could be separated by white, and the center stripe of the pants be white?

I think I like the solid-color number better.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Looks like OK State

Or Ohio State with the tint out of whack. Which might not be the worst idea for the Browns.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, MDGP said:

Ah yes, it’s we “purists” who are preventing teams from having a road uniform that isn’t white. It’s definitely got nothing to due with the league rules explicitly requiring teams to have a white jersey.

No league rule against white not being the primary away. I honestly think if the Seahawks hadn’t won the Super Bowl in white in 2013 they’d have made the switch by now.

The Browns don't need any additional colors. Cream could work but it's not really an improvement over white. Gray doesn't look awful but doesn't add much (gray/brown doesn't work nearly as well as gray/orange) and deviates from the team's identity.

3 hours ago, OldSmoke said:

I don’t normally like gray and orange (something about it makes me think of toys or something, childish. Weird, I know) but that one with brown numbers and orange outlines is a winner. That’s a good look.

Archived