2020 College Football

MJWalker45

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/sun-belt-cancels-championship-game-after-coastal-carolina-covid-19/1i0zrlkru0wbk1ni994ca3dd14

Coastal Carolina and Louisiana are co-champs in the Sun Belt since they can't play it on the field. Louisiana wasn't happy that they didn't reschedule the game, but if these are new cases and an entire group is out, where do you fit it? 

we already beat them in their own stadium and all we get is "co-champs." piss off.

tulsa, I'm asking you a gigantic favor.

53Ocz8U.png

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Big Ten game is in Indy and only change to the field is B1G logos on the 25 yard lines.

It's a lot like what the MAC did for their title game last night. No major changes to the field... I assume that both Detroit and Indy have home games this weekend.

I wonder if Deion Sanders as head coach at Jackson State will mean that the SWAC Champion will be able to qualify for the FCS Playoffs?  I would think that if JSU wins the SWAC while he's the head coach, he would want to be in the FCS playoffs.

41 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I wonder if Deion Sanders as head coach at Jackson State will mean that the SWAC Champion will be able to qualify for the FCS Playoffs?  I would think that if JSU wins the SWAC while he's the head coach, he would want to be in the FCS playoffs.

The SWAC (and MEAC) champs have always been able to qualify, they just choose not to so they can play rival games Thanksgiving weekend, a conference championship game, and in the Celebration Bowl. Teams are free to accept an at-large bid if they don't have a scheduling conflict.

39 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

The SWAC (and MEAC) champs have always been able to qualify, they just choose not to so they can play rival games Thanksgiving weekend, a conference championship game, and in the Celebration Bowl. Teams are free to accept an at-large bid if they don't have a scheduling conflict.

I would think Deion would want his team to be FCS Champions if Jackson State wins the SWAC.  

5 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

The Tigers are flat-out DOMINATING the Irish today. This is the team you want to see in the CFP?

I think that if Clemson is at full strength (when Trevor Lawrence is behind center), they are better than Notre Dame. Now watch the Irish win the ACC title.

1 minute ago, JayMac said:

I think that if Clemson is at full strength (when Trevor Lawrence is behind center), they are better than Notre Dame. Now watch the Irish win the ACC title.

Even if they do, would you put them in the CFP? Nobody wants to see them there.

LvZYtbZ.png

So TAMU and ND will both have blowout losses to prospective playoff teams on their profiles for this season, and every other top-ranked P5 school outside the playoff spots has multiple losses. There's also an undefeated, top-10 G5 school as well in there.

Honestly, if this isn't the year a G5 school makes the playoff, the year will never come.

spacer.png

50 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

Even if they do, would you put them in the CFP? Nobody wants to see them there.

I hate Notre Dame as much as anyone but if they beat Clemson twice in one season, they would deserve to be in. No question.

3 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

So TAMU and ND will both have blowout losses to prospective playoff teams on their profiles for this season, and every other top-ranked P5 school outside the playoff spots has multiple losses. There's also an undefeated, top-10 G5 school as well in there.

Honestly, if this isn't the year a G5 school makes the playoff, the year will never come.

The door is open for Cincinnati, but they're in a very tough situation: No team below 6th in the final rankings before Selection Sunday have made the top 4 and the Bearcats are in 9th.

Some things have worked in their favor so far: Iowa State lost, so they'll fall. Georgia didn't play this weekend, so they could fall. It'll depend on how far Notre Dame falls AND if the committee is willing to take a 1 loss Texas A&M team and put them against the prospective top seed in Alabama (a rematch of a Crimson Tide beating) over an unbeaten American champion in Cincinnati.

Ohio State and Notre Dame should be out of the conversation.

I expect them both to make it for some reason.

Also, how are they still talking about Trevor Lawrence and the Heisman?  That ship should have sailed a long time ago.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Ohio State and Notre Dame should be out of the conversation.

I expect them both to make it for some reason.

I don't see how you can leave out an unbeaten Big Ten champion; maybe you set A&M at 3 and Ohio State 4? (Granted, I still think Cincy should be in, but I'm not convinced they will be.)

LvZYtbZ.png

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

The door is open for Cincinnati, but they're in a very tough situation: No team below 6th in the final rankings before Selection Sunday have made the top 4 and the Bearcats are in 9th.

Some things have worked in their favor so far: Iowa State lost, so they'll fall. Georgia didn't play this weekend, so they could fall. It'll depend on how far Notre Dame falls AND if the committee is willing to take a 1 loss Texas A&M team and put them against the prospective top seed in Alabama (a rematch of a Crimson Tide beating) over an unbeaten American champion in Cincinnati.

If they take A&M, I'd expect them to jump Ohio State rather than replay a game that's already been played this year. 

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Ohio State should be out of the conversation.

Also, how are they still talking about Trevor Lawrence and the Heisman?  That ship should have sailed a long time ago.

Winning  a Power 5 league championship with 22 players out might give them a bump. 

As for Lawrence, you just said (Dabo) that a team that only played 6 games shouldn't be in the playoff. Your guy only played 6 games, so by that logic he shouldn't be able to win the Heisman.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well, who the hell saw that coming?  Florida took Alabama down to the wire.  Just doomed by some poor timeout management.

One interesting thing to note is Florida/Alabama is the second game in the last two weeks or so where I saw the unconventional move of a team down 14 going for a 2 pt conversion to cut the lead to six instead of an XP to cut the lead to seven.  The math actually supports going for two there -- especially if you're the underdog and playing to avoid OT -- but football coaches are so risk averse you never see it.  The other team as the Eagles, fwiw.

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Indiana clears throat, gives modest death glare.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived