New CCSLC Display Name Change Policy

LMU

On 1/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I think I once proposed a vote on all name changes - like a poll. You’d have to campaign, and might have to make concessions to get a name approved. Didn’t we get a guy to call himself IAmAFlamingDouchebag or something?

Aw man, I remember this. Was he banned or did he just fizzle out?

19 minutes ago, AHcreative said:

Aw man, I remember this. Was he banned or did he just fizzle out?

I've been searching, but can't find any actual evidence of it - glad someone else remembers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I've been searching, but can't find any actual evidence of it - glad someone else remembers.

Same. I did a search as well and couldn't find anything. I wonder if somehow he got his username switched back to whatever the original was.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:25 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

I think I once proposed a vote on all name changes - like a poll. You’d have to campaign, and might have to make concessions to get a name approved. Didn’t we get a guy to call himself IAmAFlamingDouchebag or something?

Ahem...

On 1/23/2020 at 10:54 AM, pollux said:

Will the flaming douchebag come back?

• Like 1

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Haha YES!  Those were fun times.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dammit - seems like this would be the goldmine thread... but I "don't have permission to view its content".

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Dammit - seems like this would be the goldmine thread... but I "don't have permission to view its content".

I have permission and I would have seconded your vote, but LMU already took care of it. 

BB52Big.jpg

OMG, so many memories from that thread - and I haven't even made it halfway through yet!  How was this not goldmined before?

1) I forgot about people having to post "BBTV is my daddy" in their sigs (bold face, min 12pt font) in order for me to endorse their name change.  At one point it became the only way to get one pushed through.

2) the guy Pritch that actually changed his name to "I am a flaming douchebag"!  What a douchebag.

3) mings offering to post a vid of himself in his underwear acknowledging me as his daddy if it helped with his change.

4) it's fun seeing all the old stupid names that currently-respected board members used to have.

5) so many old names that don't post here anymore.  Oh, the halcyon days of CCSLC.

The voting and campaigning system should be brought back.  Screw people's feelings.

• Like 3

It's great that this feature has been added back. I orginally based my username off of Kevinmets'. I don't mind following the Marlins now, but I've been wanting to change my name since 2013 when I finally decided on my favorite MLB team (Pirates). Since most people here just refer to me as Griffin or Griff, I will keep that part of my name, but probably add my favorite number to the end or something like that. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Shumway said:

2. Lots of great former CCSLCers from the past in that old thread.

The 'Lo Down needs more random, one-off appearances from old posters, especially around Rumble time. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DDR said:

The 'Lo Down needs more random, one-off appearances from old posters, especially around Rumble time. 

If only it took place on May 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DDR said:

Yes.  Start a thread, and then every 90 minutes, someone new posts.  "Is it?  Could it be?  OH MY!  Joel Fiasco IS BACK!!!"

• Like 5

On 1/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, Jer15 said:

For the sake of loosing the silly nickname and not having anything else creative, I was thinking of just using the standard abbreviation of my name: Jer.

There's a few "Jeremys" and "Jers" with numbers or initials (for example: Jerm or jerne) that aren't active (or barely are active). Plus i'm sure there are future Jeremys and Jerrys to sign up. 

Would this change be a case of being too similar? Just wanted to check before I pull the trigger. 

Quoting myself.....kinda lame.

Anyways, I went ahead and made the change. Hope this isn't too similar. 

the whole "mr.negative" thing, as previously explained, is an old inside joke. Time to move on. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 minute ago, McCall said:

No problem, Jer(15)Bear. 👍

:lol:

Well played

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.