Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should have gone with metallic gold horns on the helmet and a gold highlight on the pants.  They would be Fearsome Foursome-like with a matching twist. ?

Even if the helmet horns were just trimmed in metallic gold and the pants had a colored logo on them, it would look better than what they plan to wear this year.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

So they're still going with the toilet bowl collars? The one thing they could have changed to make the uniforms marginally better.

I hated the saying when they were in STL, but I love it now: "Same ol' sorry ass Rams."

5 minutes ago, Heitert said:

So they're still going with the toilet bowl collars? The one thing they could have changed to make the uniforms marginally better.

I hated the saying when they were in STL, but I love it now: "Same ol' sorry ass Rams."

They're actually switching to the VU template with full collars next season, but they've been continuing to use the old jerseys for recent photo shoots. Here's what the jerseys will look like on the new template (though these are obviously the retail versions):

IMG_4908.thumb.PNG.352a972171fe4cd883e2c792f77ef342.PNGIMG_4906.thumb.PNG.b570266ba8a83df2590bcd891def290d.PNGIMG_4907.thumb.PNG.d7410dd227b167c5e68d5c50ede068ad.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

and again i ask.... if they are re-doing the template and changing the collar for both on the field and replica jerseys, why do they have to retain gold again? new stock is new stock.... make it look the way you want it to look.

or do the old replica jerseys not have the toilet bowl collar? i haven't bought an NFL replica since the reebok contract.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They're actually switching to the VU template with full collars next season, but they've been continuing to use the old jerseys for recent photo shoots. Here's what the jerseys will look like on the new template (though these are obviously the retail versions):

Oh, thank god... 

At least there's that. And, to be fair, the jerseys themselves don't look awful, it's the insistence of keeping gold shoehorned in the jersey like that. 

1 hour ago, ColeJ said:

and again i ask.... if they are re-doing the template and changing the collar for both on the field and replica jerseys, why do they have to retain gold again? new stock is new stock.... make it look the way you want it to look.

or do the old replica jerseys not have the toilet bowl collar? i haven't bought an NFL replica since the reebok contract.

The old replicas do have the toilet bowl collar, but I'm on the same page as you; if the jerseys are in fact changing, whether it be just the collar and/or the NFL shield, why wouldn't a team be able to alter other parts of it? 

Does the NFL have clear uniform rules for teams changing threads, or is 5-year rule an unwritten one fabricated or assumed in this community? 

13 hours ago, Heitert said:

Does the NFL have clear uniform rules for teams changing threads, or is 5-year rule an unwritten one fabricated or assumed in this community? 

The NFL has clear rules.  They don't share all the permutations with us, but individual owners have confirmed the broad strokes. 

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

So does that mean the 49ers can't change their jerseys for 5 years now that they changed the stripes on the sleeves?

I don't believe so, I think this would fall under the "minor changes" category teams are able to make

3 hours ago, Heitert said:

The Rams should be wearing what Rampage is wearing. Or, honestly, the navy and gold (circa 2002 when the gold was actually gold), that would look good in the California sun. 

Totally agreed. If this is not the NFL (and to an extent the Rams themselves) not getting out of their own way, I don't know what is.

Are people aware this isn't the first time an NFL team has had mismatching uniform elements like this? The Giants have two mismatching jerseys. The home jersey has no stripes present while the away has the red stripes. IMO, it looks terrible and isn't consistent at all. If a league and it's fans can accept that, they should be able to accept a team who has a helmet with no gold present and jerseys with gold present.

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Are people aware this isn't the first time an NFL team has had mismatching uniform elements like this? The Giants have two mismatching jerseys. The home jersey has no stripes present while the away has the red stripes. IMO, it looks terrible and isn't consistent at all. If a league and it's fans can accept that, they should be able to accept a team who has a helmet with no gold present and jerseys with gold present.

But the uniforms themselves look like complete uniforms that were designed to go together. It's also not a mishmash of elements. The current jerseys go with nothing else in the uniform and it looks very poor.

Archived