Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 7/24/2017 at 7:42 PM, hbgoo1975 said:

If only they removed the gold on the jerseys, then we'd end up with this............

Rams Uniforms16.jpg

I think inverted colors would look better for the white jersey. But then they'd look very Colts-ish. Right now i can't stop thinking of the former Seahawks white jersey.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Three years can be pretty temporary.  I've had temp jobs that lasted longer than that.  And unlike those, this uniform has an established expiration date.

If the term is to your liking, how about "limited edition" or "planned obsolescence"?

I like planned obsolescence, but that makes it sound like this was well thought-out. 

Not sure what all the hubbub is about. these jerseys accomplish two things for them:

1. Get away from the St. Louis identity.

2. Get away from the St Louis identity while saving the "big" change(LA blue and gold) for the opening of the new stadium.

3 minutes ago, colortv said:

Get away from the St Louis identity while saving the "big" change(LA blue and gold) for the opening of the new stadium.

You only get one first impression.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 7/26/2017 at 3:13 AM, sayahh said:

I gave up McDonald's completely a decade ago but I still miss the McRib (but not as much after I started learning about food and ingredients). If teams stop fixing and keep messing up good uniforms AND play poorly, football is going to disappear (if not from kids not playing due to CTE concerns).

Missin' out, dawg.. The McRib is the shizzz!

But seriously, it's delicious and I get excited every time it returns.. No lie

18 minutes ago, colortv said:

Chargers 2017 uniform schedule, they see to be hyping up the powder blues:

http://www.chargers.com/news/2017/08/03/chargers-announce-2017-uniform-schedule-0

I don't see how. They're scheduled to wear powder blue twice at home. Which is what they did for years in San Diego.

4 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I don't see how. They're scheduled to wear powder blue twice at home. Which is what they did for years in San Diego.

Once at home. Once at Dallas. Their other alternate date is Color Rush.

But yes, I wouldn't call it hyped up.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

3 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Los Angeles Chargers of Orange County at Costa Mesa also Carson

DGALQ4iV0AAhAlQ.jpg.7518644b8e42366a91251f2796ed9e19.jpg

Could've just fought for San Diego, but whatever.

And the people that they're ostensibly fighting against are going to be their landlords in three years... 

7 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

And the people that they're ostensibly fighting against are going to be their landlords in three years... 

Well...the Browns and the Cardinals dealt with that at until the Browns became Orioles...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

IMO, the best uniforms embody the spirit of their region. You see a uni and it simply feels like it belongs in that area (i.e. the Seahawks current set meshes effectively with the overcast, but progressive Pacific Northwest). The vibe of the Chargers powder blue unis meshes with the identity of the region so perfectly (maybe even better than the early Marino-era Fins), it would be a shame to see the entire brand whitewashed.

Perhaps the biggest news is that for the first time in history, the Bolts will don their powder blue jerseys on the road. It comes on the biggest stage when they visit Dallas to face the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

“That’s straight fire!” Jahleel Addae said enthusiastically. “That’s fresh!  That’s everything we can ask for.  Other than the Super Bowl, Thanksgiving is the biggest game there is.  Powder blues against Dallas on Thanksgiving?  It doesn’t get better than that!”

I feel so old.

As for hyping the powder blue, they can only wear them so many times under the current rules.  However, the fact they're not wearing their navy jerseys in the regular season until November 19th (and only three times total in the regular season) could be construed as a deemphasis of the navy.  I guess the pants selection will help tell us if that is the case.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I feel so old.

As for hyping the powder blue, they can only wear them so many times under the current rules.  However, the fact they're not wearing their navy jerseys in the regular season until November 19th (and only three times total in the regular season) could be construed as a deemphasis of the navy.  I guess the pants selection will help tell us if that is the case.

Don't worry, this makes me feel old as well and I'm 23!

Saying that playing at Dallas on Thanksgiving is the biggest game other than the Super Bowl really emphasizes what a bunch of losers this team is. Top to bottom, minus Rivers, this organization is a complete disaster.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

Week 13 vs. the Browns says Color Rush. But then in parentheses, it says alumni. I wonder what that means.

The Browns hold an annual Alumni Weekend with former players in attendance.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Dick-Ambrose-Thom-Darden-headline-Browns-Alumni-Weekend-where-‘time-just-stops/ad9c2a10-16fc-4407-ad0f-5e0e576d26fd

7 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Well...the Browns and the Cardinals dealt with that at until the Browns became Orioles...

That one was strange, since it was the Browns who owned the ballpark.  They almost ran the Cards out of town; only a deep-pocketed new owner turned that dynamic on its head.

Archived