Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea. The Rams shouldn't touch the logo other than maybe update the colors (again) in 2019. It's a great logo.

I'm still convinced we'll get a nike-fied modern update of the throwbacks in either navy or royal and yellow as the primaries with blue and white as the alternates. Now whether that alternate is blue or white remains to be seen.

20 hours ago, Daredevil said:

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

The Rams fail if they don't go with this uniform set. It's too easy.

1 hour ago, Daredevil said:

I actually really like the navy and white Rams logo. I hope the Rams don't change it too drastically. 

1024px-Los_Angeles_Rams_logo.svg.png

It would be great, except that they decided to add a pointless extra blue outline around it.  Extra outlines muddy in general, and exponentially more so in two-color logos.  If the white horn is an issue, close up the regular blue keyline.

Ugly and unnecessary.  Spoils an otherwise-fine logo.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:41 PM, TJSC said:

This will be stupidly embarrassing if the Rams win a Super Bowl in these uniforms. Forever engraved in their history.

The Cavs won it all in black sleeved jerseys. Anything is fair game now

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

It would be great, except that they decided to add a pointless extra blue outline around it.  Extra outlines muddy in general, and exponentially more so in two-color logos.  If the white horn is an issue, close up the regular blue keyline.

Ugly and unnecessary.  Spoils an otherwise-fine logo.

When you compare the St. Louis Rams and LA Rams logo (even though they are basically the same), the extra outline adds a lot of motion to it. 

1024px-NFL_Rams_logo.svg.png

Just for fun...

RamsLogo_recolored.png

12 hours ago, TJSC said:

This is proof that the Rams branding should revert back to royal blue and gold. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-09 at 8.10.33 PM.png

I pick...all of the games...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

55 minutes ago, Daredevil said:

When you compare the St. Louis Rams and LA Rams logo (even though they are basically the same), the extra outline adds a lot of motion to it. 

1024px-NFL_Rams_logo.svg.png

Just for fun...

RamsLogo_recolored.png

The extra outline it to block off the part that used to be the gold key line.. In the white/blue only representation, the former gold/now white key line gets lost in the white background, thus calling for the extra outline.. That's why the logo is better as a three-color logo than a two-color logo

Here's how it looks without the extra outline:

IMG_0938.JPG

On 5/9/2017 at 0:40 PM, Daredevil said:

I have to say that while I would love to see the Rams return to some variation of royal blue and gold, I do like their navy blue and white. Though we are caught in a state of flux with this weird STL/LA color scheme. In 2019, I have a feeling that we'll see aspects of all of their uniforms in one. In my ideal world, I'd love for them to take elements of their color rush uniforms implemented into their new design. 

Something like this...

24166940434_909eb8937a_h.jpg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14746942/uni-watch-contest-results-how-redesign-rams-return-los-angeles

This is too good and too well-done for the Rams to ever use. Instead, they'll butcher it with too many weird Nike "LOOK AT ME" elements.

30 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Don't like the navy, but the rest is pure class.

The navy was my answer to the Rams color problem. Their throwbacks are beautiful and should be the basis for their new uniforms. But the helmet and jersey are completely different colors. I love the royal jersey but the helmet would look so cheap if it was also royal.

ap_49ers_rams_football_77207214.jpg?w=10

sep-1998-defensive-tackle-dmarco-farr-of

I was surprised how much I liked their Color Rush set. Not necessarily the all yellow, but the yellow and navy meshed well and actually matched the helmet. While the blue was different, the shade of yellow still made it feel familiar to me (like the throwbacks). I think this would be a good place to start. It's a blending of eras but I think it works well.

usatsi_9001767.jpg?w=1000&h=701

20 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think the navy is too depressing.

The Giants used to have the same bright jersey/dark helmet problem, but have fixed it with a modern finish.

eLcoszYu.jpg crop_exact_494839318.jpg?h=408&q=90&w=61

No reason the Rams can't do the same, and match the helmets to their royal blue.

I think a finish similar to the Giants' helmets would work just fine, but I actually think satin might be the way to go since it's not quite as shiny. If the Rams darkened their shade of royal just a touch (similar to the Giants' blue, or perhaps even a bit darker), I think a satin finish could provide a nice balance between being dark and flat enough to let the horns properly stand out, while also being a closer match to the rest of the uniform elements. IMG_4013.JPG.dd6d4bd22a202adb6e74dec0a2eb94aa.JPGIMG_4015.JPG.d6b6b911bef52eba6673b743649b021b.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I do like the Rams primary logo and do hope it sticks around, but somehow, I just can't imagine it will. It's from the St. Louis era and like I said earlier, it seems the Rams are doing everything possible to forget that era ever happened.

So while I do hope the logo stays around (and recolored), I'm not expecting it. What I would like to see is a modernization of the only other ram head logo, and one that is actually from the LA era:

4634.gif.97ecba9803e1b3855fbc0e3da15f8f5f.gif

Obviously this would need some heavy modernization, but I think it could be done. It would accomplish the same goal of having a primary ram head logo, and would harken back to the LA past. This logo is also on the official New Era alternate caps, which to me implies the team might intend to do a modern take on it one way or the other.

53 minutes ago, Quillz said:

I do like the Rams primary logo and do hope it sticks around, but somehow, I just can't imagine it will. It's from the St. Louis era and like I said earlier, it seems the Rams are doing everything possible to forget that era ever happened.

So while I do hope the logo stays around (and recolored), I'm not expecting it. What I would like to see is a modernization of the only other ram head logo, and one that is actually from the LA era:

4634.gif.97ecba9803e1b3855fbc0e3da15f8f5f.gif

Obviously this would need some heavy modernization, but I think it could be done. It would accomplish the same goal of having a primary ram head logo, and would harken back to the LA past. This logo is also on the official New Era alternate caps, which to me implies the team might intend to do a modern take on it one way or the other.

Any modernisation of this would just be an inferior version of the current logo, which already uses the same concept.

Archived