Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Recent photos from Rams website - FA signings.  Helmet looks good in this photo.  I am really hoping they can still eliminate the toilet bowl collar for this season (all teams please), unlike what the kids are wearing.  The announcement photos did not have it.  I know teams like the Ravens were able to eliminate them with no trouble. 

temp170310_Rams_FA_011--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp170310_Rams_FA_019--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Recent phots from Rams website - FA signings.  Helmet looks good in this photo.  I am really hoping they can still eliminate the toilet bowl collar for this season (all teams please), unlike what the kids are wearing.  The announcement photos did not have it.  I know teams like the Ravens were able to eliminate them with no trouble. 

That's just going to depend on if the league is actually switching to the Vapor Untouchable template or not. The announcement photos showed the VU template, which is why the collar was solid navy. If the league is making the switch, then the teams with the toilet bowl collar will no longer have it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I dunno, I just have a hard time believing that the Rams would be putting this much effort into promoting White as the secondary color that they would just turn around and ditch it in two years for royal and yellow. Changes in two years might not be as dramatic as people think.

Forgive my ignorance, if they truly are going back to royal and yellow, what's preventing them from wearing their throwback alternates whenever possible?

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

On 3/9/2017 at 7:18 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Wow. I wish we actually lived in a world where a sports league cared this much about the aesthetics of uniforms beyond making a buck.

Here's my guess on how this all went down...

Rams: "hey, can we change our uniform now and then again in two years?"

NFL: "nope, against the rules."

Rams: "ok, well, can we do a few other things?"

NFL: "are these other things against the rules?"

Rams: "no."

NFL: "ok, knock yourselves out."

At which point everyone but us kinda stopped thinking about it.

So the NFL never cares about minutiae until it cares way too much about minutiae.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, MiK said:

I dunno, I just have a hard time believing that the Rams would be putting this much effort into promoting White as the secondary color that they would just turn around and ditch it in two years for royal and yellow. Changes in two years might not be as dramatic as people think.

Forgive my ignorance, if they truly are going back to royal and yellow, what's preventing them from wearing their throwback alternates whenever possible?

a league rule saying they cant wear them more than 2x each year

1 hour ago, dont care said:

a league rule saying they cant wear them more than 2x each year

Well, that's a pretty good reason. Thanks for the education.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

On 3/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Gothamite said:

I really doubt that anyone at the NFL considered it a problem.  We've seen plenty of uniforms where not all colors are on all elements, and that's never raised any issue. 

Giants' jerseys (both home and road), anyone?

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Giants' jerseys (both home and road), anyone?

That's different in a substantial way (design wise). The Giants use red and blue on their helmet and pants so it ties together the look. The Rams are using gold on their jersey only so it sticks out. Even if the Rams were to add gold to their socks, it would go a long way in making the overall look more cohesive.

Again, I get that 90% of the public won't notice, but that doesn't mean we should just accept it as "good enough". To me it's something that would be the difference between a B and a C for a project in one of my classes. That little attention to detail that is the difference between good and average.

RamsGoldSocks.jpg 

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

That's different in a substantial way (design wise). The Giants use red and blue on their helmet and pants so it ties together the look. The Rams are using gold on their jersey only so it sticks out. Even if the Rams were to add gold to their socks, it would go a long way in making the overall look more cohesive.

Again, I get that 90% of the public won't notice, but that doesn't mean we should just accept it as "good enough". To me it's something that would be the difference between a B and a C for a project in one of my classes. That little attention to detail that is the difference between good and average.

RamsGoldSocks.jpg 

That actually looks good. Great job.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

RamsGoldSocks.jpg 

The Giants and the Chiefs and the 49ers and the Rams (off the top of my head) all point out the inconsistencies in this design. I don't see it as nearly the issue you see it as.  The same colors aren't all used helmet/jersey/pants.  Maybe they should be, but historically they haven't, so no big deal.

It's where I sit.

16 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The Giants and the Chiefs and the 49ers and the Rams (off the top of my head) all point out the inconsistencies in this design. I don't see it as nearly the issue you see it as.  The same colors aren't all used helmet/jersey/pants.  Maybe they should be, but historically they haven't, so no big deal.

those teams are not mixing uniform pieces of different eras (minus the recently added white pants of the Giants). that is what really makes the Rams design unique in this situation; not just a design that lacks unity and cohesiveness with color, but one that lacks unity and cohesiveness in its timeline. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

You are confusing an outline with an actual design element. The chiefs without an outline would look incomplete, and the 49 logo is greatly improved by adding the outline. They aren't meant to be team colors though. It's like getting mad at teams for having grey face masks without grey being anywhere else in the uniform. This is a case though of a team intentionally removing team colors from element and thus ruining a previously solid look.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I agree that the Chiefs, 49ers, and Vikings use of black outlines on their helmet logos is a similar issue, just not as glaring.

Archived