Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

On 3/4/2017 at 6:39 PM, duxrcool048 said:

This is something I made up.

hekker 4.png

Those mismatched horns look so dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/4/2017 at 8:23 AM, SpazBadger said:

Here's a quick mockup of what the uniforms could look like if the Rams stick with the navy & white thing for the rebrand in 2019. I don't think it looks that bad, but royal blue & gold would still look a million times better in my opinion.

ramsuniprediction.png

That looks amazing. Wow!

55 minutes ago, cubsfan2015 said:

This may be unpopular,but I think they should go back to their 1949 uniforms. It only lasted one year,but I love it. I love the detail on the horn.

27709245064_63708a4421.jpg

3469_los_angeles_rams-helmet-1949.gif

Unpopular opinion, but I vastly prefer those horns.  Of course, I'd keep them in the team's traditional color scheme and not the red one-off.

49hornd.JPG

2 hours ago, cubsfan2015 said:

I love the detail on the horn.

The horn looks like a fat yellow chud.

.....and you thought the Chargers got hell for their "LA" logo

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, cubsfan2015 said:

This may be unpopular,but I think they should go back to their 1949 uniforms. It only lasted one year,but I love it. I love the detail on the horn.

That's not "detail".  That's just a result of the techonogical limitations of the day.  The horns are meant to be just as smooth as the current horns.  But back then there were no decals to place on the helmets; and the helmets didn't have even surfaces. That snaggly horn is the result of having to paint by hand on an irregular surface.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Except for the completely minor problem that those are the 49ers' colors.

*flicks open switchblade, starts examining it*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love that even though it reminds me of the Chiefs.

13 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

And the Giants, Washington, 49ers, Chiefs, and the previous Bucs look...

The giants are the only one that is kinda mismatched. I don't see how the others are, every piece of those uniforms clearly were always meant to be with those uniforms. The rams new uniforms look like they belong to two different teams, the cowboys can't matched colors to save their lives, and the giants have a home uniform that is blue, grey and white with barely any red, but the always are white red and grey with a helmet that looks like it doesn't belong. 

2 minutes ago, dont care said:

The giants are the only one that is kinda mismatched. I don't see how the others are, every piece of those uniforms clearly were always meant to be with those uniforms. The rams new uniforms look like they belong to two different teams, the cowboys can't matched colors to save their lives, and the giants have a home uniform that is blue, grey and white with barely any red, but the always are white red and grey with a helmet that looks like it doesn't belong. 

All of those teams have jerseys that don't share colour schemes with pants and helmets. Well except for Washington, but their mismatching issues tend to stem from their striping inconsistency.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

That's not "detail".  That's just a result of the techonogical limitations of the day.  The horns are meant to be just as smooth as the current horns.  But back then there were no decals to place on the helmets; and the helmets didn't have even surfaces. That snaggly horn is the result of having to paint by hand on an irregular surface.

oh no, that is an intentional design done by Riddell. they were produced in their factory and the following season, the Rams requested they use the "Gehrke horn" that Fred Gehrke had painted on the leather helmets in '47. the surface of those shells are also quite smooth

49hornc.JPG

2139e_lg.jpeg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

The horn looks like a fat yellow chud.

.....and you thought the Chargers got hell for their "LA" logo

A Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller?

51aGF85MhmL._SY445_.jpg

19 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

All of those teams have jerseys that don't share colour schemes with pants and helmets. Well except for Washington, but their mismatching issues tend to stem from their striping inconsistency.

But even then there was still stripes and logos on the pants ant helmet that had the same colors that were used in the jersey so they aren't really mismatched like the rams.

Are there any other teams that use a color on their jersey that isn't seen anywhere else in their uniform besides the Rams and Cowboys? Steelers, Chiefs, Vikings and 49ers use colors on their helmet that aren't used anywhere else but I can't think of any other team that does that with their jersey? 

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

They didn't invent straight lines until 1950? Is your story documented anywhere? The 1948 helmets are pretty smooth in their horns; I'd have a hard time believing that the detail in 1949 was unintentional.

6 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Colour wasn't invented until the late 30s, so it checks out.

They were so excited when they discovered sepia, the first color. It was everywhere. Made purple and teal in the 90s look like nothing.

Archived