Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

One more benefit would be that teams that traditionally don't make changes for sake of change (e.g., Steelers, Giants, Broncos) would be more apt to make changes, particularly with respect to alternates.

I'm not sure that this is something I'd call a benefit.

The league's partners would go nuts, having to update their graphics and possibly replace ads and other promotional materials.

Think of all the neon beer signs that would have to be replaced every couple of years if teams could mod their logos that often.  Also, the children.  Won't anyone think of the children?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We really don’t need to touch the five-year rule at all since it seems that the only franchise that is brutally affected by it is the Browns, who are the only team that I’ve seen recently that has actively expressed remorse over a redesign this soon. Even so, they’re the ones who decided they wanted a change and designed such a crummy uniform in the first place, so this might as well be the bed that they lay on. Hate to bring the “lol browns” complex into the conversation, but it’s tough say that anything can get more ‘Browns’ than that.

I have no remorse for the Rams in this case. They’re the ones who decided that they’d be affected by the five-year rule in the first place by not only deciding that any real change had to be pushed back till the stadium opening, but also that they had to remove as much St. Louis influence from their current set as is legally possible in the meantime. Having the nerve to not only go through all of the bizarre decisions that led them here but also complain about being stifled by league rules that have been there all along is just insufferable.

And the thing with the Browns is the biggest issue most fans have above all else, is the stupid "BROWNS" down the leg and according to the NFL via the Rams they can change the pants, helmets, and socks all they want, but just can't touch the jersey. The jersey has issues. But most fans feel the pants are what make the team look like less than Arena League.

To add on to the Browns-jacking, is there a way they can change the number colors? At least on the home jerseys, can they complain that orange numbers are unreadable on brown and change them to white for legibility purposes? I know we seem to have established that the jerseys can’t be altered under the 5 year rule, but just a thought I had that if the numbers can’t even serve their intended purposes then if Cleveland really wanted to they might be able to petition the NFL to allow them to skate the rule

7 hours ago, jn8 said:

To add on to the Browns-jacking, is there a way they can change the number colors? At least on the home jerseys, can they complain that orange numbers are unreadable on brown and change them to white for legibility purposes? I know we seem to have established that the jerseys can’t be altered under the 5 year rule, but just a thought I had that if the numbers can’t even serve their intended purposes then if Cleveland really wanted to they might be able to petition the NFL to allow them to skate the rule

Nope, the jersey is the one thing that has to stay the same for the 5 year period. They can't change anything on it except adding something like  a memorial patch, which the league has to approve.

31 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Nope, the jersey is the one thing that has to stay the same for the 5 year period. They can't change anything on it except adding something like  a memorial patch, which the league has to approve.

So the Browns need to submit a memorial patch that is white and in the shape of each individual player's numbers.  It'll be groundbreaking!!!

1 hour ago, Eszcz21 said:

leave it to the browns to recreate the same uniform debacle that they created in 1984..at least those numbers didn't make it out of preseason and the whole uniform only lasted a season...what really surprised me is that nfl properties let the orange numbers go through as the league is supposed to have the final say and should have known better.

1 hour ago, Eszcz21 said:

And I have to think part of that is so that fan jerseys don't become outdated too quickly.  If I bought a Browns jersey year one and they switched from orange numbers to white for year two, I'd be kinda pissed.  It would be bad PR.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The league's partners would go nuts, having to update their graphics and possibly replace ads and other promotional materials.

Think of all the neon beer signs that would have to be replaced every couple of years if teams could mod their logos that often.  Also, the children.  Won't anyone think of the children?

They still use old logos up to two years after they are replaced and we're the only ones who notice. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Back on topic. You guys can laugh at me or whatever. Or say it won't do any good. But I was thinking of e-mailing/sending a letter directly to the head equipment manager of the Rams, who I could contact directly, looking through the staff on the Rams website. Or also to Kevin Demoff. Maybe communicating with the equipment manager directly will lead him to give some insight or suggestions to the higher-ups. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Do you guys think they will listen to suggestions, etc? As far as alternatives to having to wear the navy jersey on the road. Maybe the Color Rush jersey with white pants. Or, just change the decals back to gold on the helmets when they know they have to wear the navy jersey? Just a thought.

6 minutes ago, duxrcool048 said:

Back on topic. You guys can laugh at me or whatever. Or say it won't do any good. But I was thinking of e-mailing/sending a letter directly to the head equipment manager of the Rams, who I could contact directly, looking through the staff on the Rams website. Or also to Kevin Demoff. Maybe communicating with the equipment manager directly will lead him to give some insight or suggestions to the higher-ups. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Do you guys think they will listen to suggestions, etc? As far as alternatives to having to wear the navy jersey on the road. Maybe the Color Rush jersey with white pants. Or, just change the decals back to gold on the helmets when they know they have to wear the navy jersey? Just a thought.

Yes I think you should drop them a line and straighten this whole mess out. Also offer to start a gofundme to pay for the fines to wear throwbacks all season if they are too financially strapped to foot the bill.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Yes I think you should drop them a line and straighten this whole mess out. Also offer to start a gofundme to pay for the fines to wear throwbacks all season if they are too financially strapped to foot the bill.

Haha that's funny. Not sure if serious. Maybe I just don't get your sense of humor or this is sarcasm or not since you didn't end it with that or an asterisk. It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. Thanks. Thinking I had an idea that might help. Probably looked like a fool to all you experts out there. Obviously this was a mistake. Just trying to stay on topic instead of talking about the Browns. Also I'm drunk lol

Here's my idea to expose the NFL's horrible mismanagement of the Ram situation. Since I don't believe there are any uni rules regarding pants, I say they wear the throwback yellow pants so that the whole thing looks like a train wreck. Embarrass the NFL. 

RamPant.jpg 

1 hour ago, duxrcool048 said:

Haha that's funny. Not sure if serious. Maybe I just don't get your sense of humor or this is sarcasm or not since you didn't end it with that or an asterisk. It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. Thanks. Thinking I had an idea that might help. Probably looked like a fool to all you experts out there. Obviously this was a mistake. Just trying to stay on topic instead of talking about the Browns. Also I'm drunk lol

You drunk post on the internets you get what you deserve :D Had you said you were a 13 year old rams fan then you may have received some sympathy...

41 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Here's my idea to expose the NFL's horrible mismanagement of the Ram situation. Since I don't believe there are any uni rules regarding pants, I say they wear the throwback yellow pants so that the whole thing looks like a train wreck. Embarrass the NFL. 

RamPant.jpg 

Making yourself look like a fool... is just that. Everyone will blame the Rams, not the NFL. There's probably been no team in NFL history that's looked that bad, so it's pretty clear it's not the rules "making" them do anything.

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

RamPant.jpg 

The thing is, the NFL isn’t the one mismanaging the situation, that fault goes on the Rams. They’re allowed to change uniforms right now if they want, but they want to align with the stadium opening. They requested they be allowed to wear throwbacks full time until then, but NFL rules say that counts as a change and resets the 5 year clock so they decided they’d rather just F-up their helmets and pants. The league isn’t telling them they can’t change uniforms, they’re telling them if they change now they have to wait 5 years before they do again and the Rams want to make 2 changes in a shorter time span. The NFL is just enforcing a rule that all the teams knew existed. They aren’t embarrassing the NFL by wearing mismatched sets, they’re embarrassing themselves. 

Archived