Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

The problem is the NFL admits they can change everything in one year (on a

relocation)

They can fix this if they want to. The truth is, the league doesn't want to.

That’s not actually in evidence here.

The league can make quick changes in extraordinary circumstances like a relocation. But we don’t know what the costs of something like that would be. We don’t know if those costs would be so high as to overwhelm the potential benefit of introducing a new uniform set so quickly.  Relocations are still so relatively rare that they can be clear exceptions to standard practice.

So no, I don’t think it’s clear at all that this rule is really the result of some preference of the league, and that only that preference keeps them from changing it. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not let them wear the throwbacks? This is so dumb on both sides. They already have the home set, just make the away unis and you're done.

The Rams are dumb for getting impatient and throwing together a mismatched set and the NFL are dumb for not letting wear the throwbacks more often. At least make it for home games only. 

I get that the Rams want to do some big change once the new stadium's built but that won't happen for a while so you might as well change now. The Rams are such an eyesore to look at because of how mismatched they are and I can't understand why anyone let them play like that. 

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

But, still, even if this is the Rams fault, it's petty and self-deprecating of the league to 'look bad' literally.

This is the Rams punching themselves in the face and blaming the NFL for giving them a black eye. The Rams had/have several good (or at least passable) options. They could have changed immediately upon moving. They could have just stuck with the St. Louis look; it was not what the fans wanted, but it wasn't a dumpster fire. My favorite once they missed the relocation option is to switch to the throwbacks ASAP and come out with a new alt timed with the new stadium opening; then, make that alt the basis of a new uniform set.

I'm glad to see so many other people who blame the Rams; it's felt like I was on an island sometimes when I've made this point in the past. I literally LOLed when Demoff said he was "educating" the league office about what the fans want. Oh, so he does realize that they want the throwbacks? THE RAMS CAN CHANGE WHENEVER THEY WANT... they're just too stubborn.

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is the RAMS' FAULT, NOT THE LEAGUE'S.

They HAD the opportunity to change, but chose not to.  Then they ruined their uniforms, and are trying to blame the league for not allowing them to change their mind on the decision they consciously made.  It's pathetic that they're trying to point the finger at the NFL, and "educate" them, as if they're morons that don't understand the fan bases and marketing implications.

If anyone need's education, it's the Rams organization themselves.  They need to be better educated as to the rules, deadlines, and ramifications of their own decisions.

Idiots.

Ha.. You said RAMifications.. I like it

Kroenke's business acumen is marrying a waltion heir and using her money to develop walmart adjacent strip malls...Much like 90% of nfl owners the best way to get rich is to be born into or marry extreme wealth.,

3 hours ago, guest23 said:

Kroenke's business acumen is marrying a waltion heir and using her money to develop walmart adjacent strip malls...Much like 90% of nfl owners the best way to get rich is to be born into or marry extreme wealth.,

That's really selling Kroenke short, if you read up on his quest to build the LA stadium and move the Rams you'll see he's a qualified and driven businessman. 

8 hours ago, colortv said:

That's really selling Kroenke short, if you read up on his quest to build the LA stadium and move the Rams you'll see he's a qualified and driven businessman. 

He got the land in a sweetheart deal from his wife's company, lobbied an economically depressed city government subverting the normal approval process to gain approval, and obtained financing from an investment bank during a period of historically low interest rates. This is a textbook process that any educated individual could execute with the proper amount of backing. I  doagree with you that having access to the walton family fortune makes him very qualified to get into business.

He was able to use NFL bylaws and regulations to force through a relocation against the wishes of the Commissioner (not to mention Goodell’s active work to stop him) and in direct opposition to one of the most popular owners in a small, chummy old boys’ club.  

I don’t have to like him, but I really have to respect those skills.

58 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

He was able to use NFL bylaws and regulations to force through a relocation against the wishes of the Commissioner (not to mention Goodell’s active work to stop him) and in direct opposition to one of the most popular owners in a small, chummy old boys’ club.  

I don’t have to like him, but I really have to respect those skills.

Those skills are known as strong-arm tactics which lend themselves more to the John Gotti end of the spectrum as opposed to Warren Buffet on the other side.  Just sayin'

3 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Those skills are known as strong-arm tactics which lend themselves more to the John Gotti end of the spectrum as opposed to Warren Buffet on the other side.  Just sayin'

I’m sorry poor old St. Louis doesn’t have a football team anymore, but maybe it’s time to let it go?

On 5/11/2018 at 9:49 AM, BJ Sands said:

If I’m hosting the Rams, I’m going white at home to force them to wear the mismatch. I’m also a small, petty person. 

The St. Louis Cardinals (football) used to do this to the Cowboys when they played in St. Louis. The Cardinals would wear their white jerseys just to prevent them Cowboys from wearing their white jerseys. 

Honestly the stupid stadium timeline needed to be tossed out the window the moment it became clear the stadium wasn't going to open for another year and at the same time that Los Angelinos weren't going to sit back and wait for the team to develop into a Super Bowl contender at the moment the stadium opened.

Instead, we've got mismatched uniforms and they're trying to win a Super Bowl now in the LA Coliseum (not that I'm complaining about the latter, just that it illustrates how utterly silly that original plan was.)

In the interim, as long as it's just a fine, wear the throwbacks every week.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

On 5/12/2018 at 12:45 AM, colortv said:

I'm sure the ranchers in Texas whose lives he ruined to the point they committed suicide agree with you. Good businessman and great drive. :censored: Kroenke

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

11 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I'm sure the ranchers in Texas whose lives he ruined to the point they committed suicide agree with you. Good businessman and great drive. :censored: Kroenke

Kroenke is hardly alone in that regard among the NFL’s collective ownership.

In regards to the LA move though? He did everything right. 

On 5/11/2018 at 3:03 PM, phutmasterflex said:

They forced the white horns on the helmets, thus relegating the ever popular blue and gold unis to secondary status. Had they been a little patient and instead of rushing into this quick decision they would have seen this coming. 

All the fans of the Deacon Jones era are likely too old or passed on. There are still fans of the Rams who were around during the Dickerson era up to before they left LA. That's who they should cater to. Deacon Jones era for throwbacks, and make the Dickerson era the permanent. 

Dumb Rams. 

This is all they should ever wear.

2016Uniforms.jpg.7afa7cd4d21b08eb8ec7ba62577527a4.jpg

Archived