Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Is it perfect? No.

But it’s definitely better than the navy and white or gold and navy ram head.

So many people on social media are saying that they should have just kept that navy logo or posting something like “oh they should have done (picture of royal and yellow ram head) it was so easy”.

I disagree, when I see the old ram head logo I see St Louis, a change was needed, and although this change isn’t perfect it’s not as terrible as some of y’all are saying.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell, if they were so intent on ripping off borrowing from a college/university Ram logo, why not base the ram's head on the Ryerson Rams?

spacer.png

It's even the same color scheme; blue and gold. If it looked closer to this, I doubt people would be tearing the entirety of the new brand a new :censored:. The problem is everything doesn't look very good.

1 hour ago, LogoFan said:

That said:  I can't stop seeing a crescent moon in this logo.  That, or is it trying to say L-A-C?  It's distracting.

I see where you see that, but it honestly doesn't bother me.  I can make myself see those, but they still don't jump out at me.

5 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Hell, if they were so intent on ripping off borrowing from a college/university Ram logo, why not base the ram's head on the Ryerson Rams?

spacer.png

It's even the same color scheme; blue and gold. If it looked closer to this, I doubt people would be tearing the entirety of the new brand a new :censored:. The problem is everything doesn't look very good.

Ew.  No.

That's embarrassingly minor-league baseball.

I know it's been beaten to death but at first glance...yea I do think Chargers bolt. It's got to be a bit more curled and within the frame of a helmet for me to think horn. Too abstract in its design to resonate as a horn

The Rams uniforms were a mish-mash, but not an atrocious one. What they needed to do was settle on either 60's era blue and white. Or the classic gold and blue. I hope they don't totally wreck things and make a Tampa Bay like mistake that they're forced to correct

15 minutes ago, Krz said:

Is it perfect? No.

But it’s definitely better than the navy and white or gold and navy ram head.

So many people on social media are saying that they should have just kept that navy logo or posting something like “oh they should have done (picture of royal and yellow ram head) it was so easy”.

I disagree, when I see the old ram head logo I see St Louis, a change was needed, and although this change isn’t perfect it’s not as terrible as some of y’all are saying.

I agree. I don't love this logo, but I never liked the St. Louis-era Ram head logo.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Ew.  No.

That's embarrassingly minor-league baseball.

I mean, the logo they've gone with is embarrassing for a whole other reason, let's be fair. 😛 

I'll admit it's not perfect, but it at least looks modern without being overdesigned, over-focused garbage that it turns out few fans actually like. As a general template, I'd say it works. And besides, if they're ripping off college logos anyways, I may as well stick to the theme. 😜

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, the logo they've gone with is embarrassing for a whole other reason, let's be fair. 😛 

Agree to disagree.  Their current logos range from "meh" to "very well done", but nothing as embarrassing as a grimacing minor-league mascot.

2 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Honestly, I’d be totally okay with it if they went with the Iowa State style numbers. Barring they don’t drastically alter the rest of their uniform.

Considering the prominence of the gradient in their brand? I'm finding it very, very hard to say that gradient won't be a prominent part of the new uniforms.

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That's a cheap Photoshop job.

Maybe it will look terrible on hats, but we can't tell that from this picture.

That’s the photo they posted on their store. It’s not photoshop, that’s it😂

3 minutes ago, Jt0323 said:

That’s the photo they posted on their store. It’s not photoshop, that’s it😂

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

It’s a digital mockup, not a photo of an actual physical hat. 

Exactly.  It's not uncommon for the first waves of merchandise to be accompanied by photoshop mockups. 

And this is one of them.

ff_3861097-9e62af50807e76f73116alt1_full

Now, the logo may indeed end up looking bad on a cap.  It may not.  We just can't use this as any guide.

4 minutes ago, Jt0323 said:

Merchandise like hats have been already made🤷‍♂️

Correct, but the product photos currently being shown online are not photos of the actual products, but instead photoshop mockups. Not sure why you can’t get that, especially because if you look at the photos it’s pretty obvious that the logos are digitally rendered.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, Jt0323 said:

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that leagues frequently release photoshop mockups for merchandise unveiling.  For example, MLS's Inter Miami has been selling caps for months, but some of the renderings on their store are still digital mockups.

ff_3556162-23f6ea0260d1449777bfalt1_fullff_3508875-b9dc46019837ec7ccbcaalt1_full

7 minutes ago, Jt0323 said:

Do you see the difference between the two presentations? The first is photoshopped, the second is the actual hat:

Los Angeles Rams New Era Basic Replica Low Profile 59FIFTY Fitted Hat - Royal

Los Angeles Rams New Era Team Classic 39THIRTY Flex Hat - Navy

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived