Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

better, but lose the gradient. Not needed.

And the goldeneye is even worse here, with the horn tip reflecting it.  

With the color scheme the Rams choseL4P5VAX.png

And with the color scheme whoever made it wanted it to beawcRpJb.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a huge fan of the primary, although it does look better seeing the gradient and the blue/yellow variant. I actually like the secondary, not a bad update of the old ram head logo from the 80s and earlier. I'll probably get a cap with that logo. Otherwise, sticking with blue and yellow is good.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

How many fonts match the angle of the initial stroke of a capital L and A?  Why should they do it here?

not many. i don't believe italic "LA" should match like that in a font. but monograms shouldn't be treated as "type out the letters you want from a font" either. they are logos that should be finely tuned and the evidence of this one being built straight out from a font is one of like 10 things that cheapens the specific mark itself. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

5 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I like how their motto is they're in the Rams house, as if they don't also share the stadium with the Chargers.

If you want to be technical, it IS the Rams house. The Chargers are paying rent to be there, they don't own it.

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

spacer.png

IDK man this is a thing and looks way worse in my eyes. 

As a fan it hurts to agree that this is probably the worst. Some may not like the new Rams logo, but we all see what it’s supposed to represent. What the hell is this Clippers logo supposed to be?

1 hour ago, AgentColon2 said:

I hope they stretched first.

5 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I hate how the L is not outlined

I’m with you. Once the right side of the A is outlined underneath the horn, it makes the right half of the L look unfinished.

These arbitrary lines and forced depth are some of the same issues riddling the Vegas Golden Knights secondary logo, which I also am bothered by...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I know that ram horns are rounded at the tips, but I like the logo / helmet better if it had sharp tips like it used to.

Also, while it's accurate that many rams have horns that don't loop around...

9854056ee9e86560ee51a1ffcb594f91.jpg

For the helmets, I prefer when the horns do wrap.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMu5SaBaEGVhF8FRpDyZz

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I know that ram horns are rounded at the tips, but I like the logo / helmet better if it had sharp tips like it used to.

Also, while it's accurate that many rams have horns that don't loop around...

Spoiler

9854056ee9e86560ee51a1ffcb594f91.jpg

For the helmets, I prefer when the horns do wrap.

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMu5SaBaEGVhF8FRpDyZz

Plus, it would look less like a "C".

The Rams helmet is not only a classic design but the classic design. Screw with it as little as possible. Don't worry about realistic horns or matching the new logos, just get the colors right and leave it alone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

UsEOgMU.jpg

That is just so unnecessarily complicated.  How many other logos have 'official' versions with different outlines?  This one has white, royal, and navy.

3 versions for one-color use (5 if you count the black and white), and the top-secret non-gradient version that requires extra approval to use.

Just seems like they could have made marks that would only require half of the versions that are on that sheet.

EDIT:

FWIW... I prefer the versions on the navy background and black background the best.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived