NFL 2020

FormerLurker

5 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

How to kill a fanbase 101.

I doubt it’ll happen, but what if this is the NFLs test to see if they’d expand overseas? Again I highly doubt it would happen just because of the logistics, but I can’t help to wonder.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I doubt it’ll happen, but what if this is the NFLs test to see if they’d expand overseas? Again I highly doubt it would happen just because of the logistics, but I can’t help to wonder.

I think it's more realistic that it's a test to see if the Jaguars would succeed overseas. They're already playing multiple games in England with multiple teams, so any data needed to see if they should expand overseas should be there. It basically feels like an agile test (for those who understand UX and Development structure). Basically you do smaller tests to see if something is viable. A way to mitigate risk. If it doesn't work, you adjust and stop. Small changes/updates that you can adjust and change if need. 

21 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Assuming he meant to refer to playoff game fields:

spacer.png

I knew that. That’s why I mentioned “besides field paint.”

Even so, the NFL (for some dumb reason) doesn’t have NFC and AFC Wild Card and Divisional Logos, and haven't had any since they went to the standardized logos in 2010.

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I think it's more realistic that it's a test to see if the Jaguars would succeed overseas. They're already playing multiple games in England with multiple teams, so any data needed to see if they should expand overseas should be there. It basically feels like an agile test (for those who understand UX and Development structure). Basically you do smaller tests to see if something is viable. A way to mitigate risk. If it doesn't work, you adjust and stop. Small changes/updates that you can adjust and change if need. 

The Jaguars are truly an MVP.

13 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

How did you come to this conclusion? Just curious as I haven't noticed any shift in Super Bowl popularity since they simplified the branding.

Totally subjective.  To me, it's like you play all season and playoffs to earn the right to wear the SB patch.  Kinda like the Stanley Cup patches used to be.  Just getting to wear that patch is something special (again - just me romanticizing it.  All just opinion.  Just feel.)

A lot of those old logos didn't even appear on jerseys, and the ones that did didn't render well at that small size.  Then we got crap like the XLIII and XLIV which just didn't feel "special".

If anyone wants to debate the actual design, then that's fine.  That's not my point - as JQK said, there's a lot of objective issues with how their concept is executed.  There's issues with how the Lombardi trophy could appear like it's a Roman numeral in some cases.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Totally subjective.  To me, it's like you play all season and playoffs to earn the right to wear the SB patch.  Kinda like the Stanley Cup patches used to be.  Just getting to wear that patch is something special (again - just me romanticizing it.  All just opinion.  Just feel.)

A lot of those old logos didn't even appear on jerseys, and the ones that did didn't render well at that small size.  Then we got crap like the XLIII and XLIV which just didn't feel "special".

If anyone wants to debate the actual design, then that's fine.  That's not my point - as JQK said, there's a lot of objective issues with how their concept is executed.  There's issues with how the Lombardi trophy could appear like it's a Roman numeral in some cases.  

43 and 44 are why the SB logo stopped changing at a certain point.

32 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

I have no problem with a uniform Super Bowl logo, but I wish they’d go back to putting the stadium underneath it. That was a really cool touch. The Lombardi does not need to be in the logo.

Actually, the Lombardi is the only thing that needs to be there. The numbers are icing on the cake, and good for identifying the game in still photos. 

a simple big Lombardi in the left, with the numbers to the right would suffice. The main problem (besides the bevels) is their desire to put the Lombardi in the middle. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's alphabetical by nickname, not city name.

Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets?  J is after P?

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins...not alphabetical. 

Dallas, New York, Philadelphia, Washington and Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York. That's alphabetical.

If it was alphabetical by nickname, Chargers logo would be before Chiefs logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's alphabetical by nickname, not city name.

Alphabetical by location:

Buffalo, Miami, New England, New York

Dallas, New York, Philadelphia, Washington

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh

Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota

Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tennessee

Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, Tampa Bay

Denver, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas (incorrect)

Arizona, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle

Meanwhile, only one of eight lines are in alphabetical order by nickname:

Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets (incorrect)

Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, Redskins (incorrect)

Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Steelers (incorrect)

Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings

Texans, Colts, Jaguars, Titans (incorrect)

Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers (incorrect)

Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Raiders (incorrect)

Cardinals, Rams, 49ers, Seahawks (the numbers would go first or last)

On 2/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, MJWalker45 said:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-to-play-back-to-back-home-games-in-london-in-2020

So I wonder how this will affect season tickets in Jacksonville? 

6/16 games at home?

I believe this is the smallest percentage a team has ever played in it's "home" market. (Not counting New Orleans teams or anything pre 1970)

Archived