NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Apologies if this is a little too early, I had a question about what teams we know for sure are changing in the fast approaching new year and didn’t know where to put the question so I figured three weeks left in the regular season isn’t too bad a time to create this thread.

How many teams are for sure changing in the upcoming year? I know that the Rams supposedly are, I believe the Browns have been confirmed, and there’s rumors of the Buccaneers and slight tweaks to the Raiders for their new home in Vegas. 

Anyone else I’m missing?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that I may be in the minority, but when the Raiders move to Vegas, I hope they change the logo. A complete overhaul isn't needed and shouldn't happen. But. if we're being honest, the Raiders logo is pretty dated, If they were to stay in Oakland, I wouldn't necessarily advocate for a change. Since they're headed across state lines and have a chance to modernize the logo, I would take it. There have been many great Raider logo concepts around here over the years, so it's definitely in the cards (Vegas pun not really but kinda intended). 

Is it possible that the supposed tweet about holding off on buying Raider gear was potentially referring to jerseys/merch with inaugural season patches on it? I mean it’s certainly possible it’s other tweaks or a logo modernization, but if there’s some kind of special Las Vegas patch that’s going to be plastered on stuff for the first season, I wouldn’t be surprised if that tweet was just encouragement to hold off until that stuff was available. Could even just simply mean hold off on buying OAKLAND Raiders gear in general until stuff that says “Las Vegas” is available. Just total guesses though, I never saw the tweet so I don’t have any context.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

IIRC a Vegas sports journalist tweeted that people should hold off on buying Raiders gear until they are actually in Vegas or they’d be wearing outdated merchandise, so

Well the merchandise is going to likely say Las Vegas and stuff like that so he's not wrong, it would be pretty dumb to buy merch of the team right now unless it omits the city name. The Raiders are changing nothing in their logo or uniform. The only thing that seems possible to me is switching to silver numbers on the away jersey, likely because of Nevada being the Silver State.

bSLCtu2.png

14 hours ago, tohasbo said:

It's been widely known the Rams and Browns are changing.  

Just a speculation when it comes to the Buccaneers.

I think eventually there will be a full change for the Panthers, Broncos, and even Washington

Those are three teams who I think will never change, in my opinion. But the Cardinals, Falcons, and Bengals definitely need to do something with their once-cutting-edge-but-now-horribly-outdated uniform styles, like the Bills, Jaguars, and Vikings did.

Safe to say Browns and Rams are almost certain.

Chargers I'd say could be 50/50, only because of the move to the new stadium.

Buccaneers no worse than 50/50, because Im see a lot of chatter (even as recently as the local newspaper running stories), so where there's smoke, there's fire.

Some wild cards for me could be Raiders (likely very small changes, if any) and maybe someone like the Falcons, Cardinals, or Bengals to update their stuck in the early 2000's templates.

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Buccaneers no worse than 50/50, because Im see a lot of chatter (even as recently as the local newspaper running stories), so where there's smoke, there's fire.

Some wild cards for me could be Raiders (likely very small changes, if any) and maybe someone like the Falcons, Cardinals, or Bengals to update their stuck in the early 2000's templates.

have heard nothing about uniform changes for the Chargers, just a new bolt and the shield being the primary logo.

3 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Ohioan here. Bengals owner Mike Brown is a noted tightwad (and somewhat justifiably so, as unlike most owners he doesn’t have extensive holdings outside of the team, so they’re his main source of income). Because of this, I’ll be surprised if the Bengals change soon. I suspect it’ll take a lot of uproar (think Jaguars with the two-tone helmet) for that to happen. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Ohioan here. Bengals owner Mike Brown is a noted tightwad (and somewhat justifiably so, as unlike most owners he doesn’t have extensive holdings outside of the team, so they’re his main source of income). Because of this, I’ll be surprised if the Bengals change soon. I suspect it’ll take a lot of uproar (think Jaguars with the two-tone helmet) for that to happen. 

I don't think NFL owners buy the jerseys for the teams anymore. 

If anything...new jerseys would increase Mike Brown's wealth. He can keep the logos and signage in place (though the B is ugly af) if he wants to avoid any costs with new logos. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think NFL owners buy the jerseys for the teams anymore. 

If anything...new jerseys would increase Mike Brown's wealth. He can keep the logos and signage in place (though the B is ugly af) if he wants to avoid any costs with new logos. 

I know they don’t buy the jerseys but the team pays for a redesign, doesn’t it? I dunno. I just know the upper management and ownership don’t seem to care much about fielding a good team OR a good-looking one. 

Archived