NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Watching the senior bowl, is this the new Nike template? It’s a huge step back from the clean Vapor Untouchable

Yeah, but that's the whole point of these updated templates.  They're aren't trying to make the perfect jersey. They can't just say, okay, we're done, this one can't be improved on. That would be bad for business.  So there will always be an update, there has to be, even if the update is technically inferior to what it's replacing.

(By the way, those Pro Bowl uniforms? colored jerseys over white pants and striped socks?  Damn, it's like someone secretly put me in charge of the Pro Bowl uniforms. Even with the dumb side panels and goofy details, this is the best that game will look in years.)

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

Watching the senior bowl, is this the new Nike template? It’s a huge step back from the clean Vapor Untouchable

It’s the regular vapor untouchable, just they aren’t as tight for what ever reason. You would think all the players would have their right sizes, and they wouldn’t have to alter them 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

It’s the regular vapor untouchable, just they aren’t as tight for what ever reason. You would think all the players would have their right sizes, and they wouldn’t have to alter them 

Didn’t watch the game but it looks like they’re the generic Nike teamwear uniforms. You can tell by the extra seams above the swoosh. The swoosh is also smaller than you typically see on the non-teamwear sets. My understanding is those are issued in regular sizes rather than numbered sizes, so they may look a little loose or tight on certain players because they aren’t custom fitted.

On 1/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, FormerLurker said:

Good look at the pants and socks for AFC Pro Bowl uniforms. 

I’m not going to lie, these are growing on me. The striped socks are a huge surprise.spacer.png

It could move up from a B- look to an a A- if they just got rid of that horrific fading dots crap running under the arms and down the pants. 

4 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Didn’t watch the game but it looks like they’re the generic Nike teamwear uniforms. You can tell by the extra seams above the swoosh. The swoosh is also smaller than you typically see on the non-teamwear sets. My understanding is those are issued in regular sizes rather than numbered sizes, so they may look a little loose or tight on certain players because they aren’t custom fitted.

How is Oregon considered the south? Or is it based on where he was born?

6 hours ago, Webfooter said:

There were no QBs from the South (the QB who was closest to the South was Oklahoma's Jalen Hurts) so they split the QBs between the two teams.

Ohio State had a WR on the South squad too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

With a number of teams changing this offseason (Rams, Browns, Falcons, rumors of others), what are the odds we see those teams base their designs around a new template? The Vapor Untouchable has been out for several years now and we’ve seen Oregon demo a few new templates in games and practice. As a Falcons fan, I want to stick with the VU because it’s so clean and probably the best template across all manufacturers for the last decade or so, but I could also see them going in a different direction.

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

what are the odds we see those teams base their designs around a new template

I'd hope not to see a design solely based on the uniform template. That's where the Browns, Seahawks (even though they're good), and a slew of others went wrong. Nike has this fetish with stripes that meet at the chest, and it's so ugly. Hopefully the falcons have no elongated stripes.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

With a number of teams changing this offseason (Rams, Browns, Falcons, rumors of others), what are the odds we see those teams base their designs around a new template? The Vapor Untouchable has been out for several years now and we’ve seen Oregon demo a few new templates in games and practice. As a Falcons fan, I want to stick with the VU because it’s so clean and probably the best template across all manufacturers for the last decade or so, but I could also see them going in a different direction.

Pretty likely atleast 1 will use the new template since the Steelers among others used them in practice as prototypes.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

These were easily the worst Pro Bowl uniforms ever and it's not even close.

I think your forgetting the years the went with Rice vs Irvin instead of AFC vs NFC, I’d say the ones worn today were surprisingly better looking on the field than what I would’ve thought. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:

I honestly don't know why these are getting hate. They're not great but they don't require eye bleach like some people are making it out to be. They're pretty tame for Pro Bowl uniforms.

A lot of the hate came when we just saw the jerseys. I think most people assumed they would be monochrome identities, which lead to a lot of initial dislike.

Beyond that? I think people are just disappointed that they're not AFC/red and NFC/blue.

Archived