SportsLogos.Net News

17 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He picked the crap one. This is the good one:

spacer.png

…which is inferior to this:

spacer.png

…and could use cleanup to be this:

07-19-2021-5-06-59-PM.jpg

I have… thoughts on the A’s design choices. There’s more potential there that isn’t being used.

They're all terrible. They should just start again.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

I have… thoughts on the A’s design choices. There’s more potential there that isn’t being used.

I like this a lot - but perhaps use the Futura S in the roundel (as it looks to be just a tad different ...maybe...maybe not...maybe you nailed it)

The A's used to have that italicized Futura wordmarkthat has a ton of late 80s/early 90s nostalgia with it but is hard to find on the internet, but then it kind of lost the charm when they took the italics off.  

Nolan Ryan 6th No Hitter Ticket Stub, Used ticket stub from Hall of Famer  Nolan Ryan's record setting 6th career no-hitter on … | Nolan ryan, Ticket  stub, Club card

(Mothership needs to add this wordmark if it can find a good version of it)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

He picked the crap one. This is the good one:

spacer.png

…which is inferior to this:

spacer.png

I had no idea the A's logo suffered from the same problem as the Yankees logo  (mismatching versions)

Hopefully I’m not breaking any rules here but I’m watching the Rays play at Cleveland and couldn’t help but wonder. It’s also an appropriate time with the above news.

How in the hell is Cleveland still wearing jerseys with their soon to be former name on them? How can you as an organization decide that your name is offensive and needs to be changed but still trot out wearing that offensive name on your jerseys.

I’m not wanting to debate whether the name is offensive but this is such a mishandling of the situation that it makes WFT and Dan Schneider look adept.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

34 minutes ago, JTernup said:

Hopefully I’m not breaking any rules here but I’m watching the Rays play at Cleveland and couldn’t help but wonder. It’s also an appropriate time with the above news.

How in the hell is Cleveland still wearing jerseys with their soon to be former name on them? How can you as an organization decide that your name is offensive and needs to be changed but still trot out wearing that offensive name on your jerseys.

I’m not wanting to debate whether the name is offensive but this is such a mishandling of the situation that it makes WFT and Dan Schneider look adept.

I’m sure this has been mentioned, but there were white jerseys that just said Cleveland that made it to some retail stores and a video game (not the show).

KISSwall09.jpg

55 minutes ago, JTernup said:

My guess is the Pandemic screwed with things.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Literally just wear the navy jersey for all home games and a few road games.

At the beginning of the season, it was looking like they were going to do this. They took team photos and promotional photos in the navy jerseys (all other teams use home whites/creams for team photos)

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

7 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

At the beginning of the season, it was looking like they were going to do this. They took team photos and promotional photos in the navy jerseys (all other teams use home whites/creams for team photos)

So basically they know its bad enough that they don't want to record it in the team picture, but they still chose to wear it when the season started. Ugh

• CS85 locked this topic

Cleveland Indians rebranding to Cleveland Guardians is being discussed here:

Locking this thread for a bit as to halt duplicate strings of commentary.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• CS85 unlocked this topic

We’re back in business.  Post away. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Glad they brought back the plain white pants instead of pairing the black tops with pinstriped bottoms.

Do they even still wear the solid-white set anymore?  If not, they should.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's dumb that they are wearing BFBS again so soon after they completely got rid of it. 

It hasn't even been 10 years yet, so it doesn't even feel nostalgic.  They should have waited until at least 2030 to have a BFBS throwback.  They could have spun that as a throwback for their 30th anniversary of winning the NL pennant.  And by then it would have been long enough ago to actually feel like a throwback and have a bit of meaning.

I think the Mets looked good in black during the time they wore it, it really fit the era, and I get why they would want to throw back to it at some point... but I didn't think it would happen so soon, before we even had enough time to miss it and want to see it again.

I was so happy in 2013 when the Mets made that totally clean break from black.  They didn't half-ass it like the Reds, they got rid of the black completely and looked so great.

But hey, gotta sell more jerseys I guess.

Clean. The Nike swoosh was white instead of orange like in the teaser. 

I just love how the Orange and Blue POPS. Uniforms like this should be kept as a special occasion. If they kept it as a special Friday night home event, I don't think anyone would mind.

Apparently from what I heard on SNY, this was a special occasion MLB typically doesn't allow. After the season, the Mets won't be allowed to wear black again till 2023 because MLB request uniform changes 2 years in advance. 

They threw a curveball because the first photo they posted featured a combo never used before. 

Pinstripe pants would've been an interesting combo but I'm glad they went with the solid white pants.  

12 hours ago, BBTV said:

Glad they brought back the plain white pants instead of pairing the black tops with pinstriped bottoms.

Do they even still wear the solid-white set anymore?  If not, they should.

They got rid of the sold white set after 2014 for some reason. Either they weren't selling well or they just wanted to limit the amount of uniforms they already had.

XM4KeeA.png

Archived