MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

The only way I could see the Angels going blue heavy is if the Rangers went red heavy, the Astros went orange heavy, or the Mariners went teal heavy. There’s too much blue in that division anyway.

The best course of action would be for the Angels to go all in on red and drop blue for gold.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

By the way I think at some point there was a discussion about fashion caps that featured the logo upside down, here's kind of an equally stupid one, it's called the "Double Whammy" and it's available at hatland.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV-iwJSPSIFTvw-iXdoXxtQVKXTKwxVOJjWg&usqp=CAU

I hope no one bought a Mariners version of this...

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

19 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I think the Angels should be a red, white, and gold (either athletic or metallic) team, with maybe a touch of navy for contrast. Something similar to the Florida Panthers' last rebrand. 

32 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The best course of action would be for the Angels to go all in on red and drop blue for gold.

I'm glad to see other people on board with this idea,  as I've LONG felt the Angels should go that route. For a short while the Nationals showed what red and gold can look like together in the baseball space...now the Angels can own that space.  (Besides, the 49ers are the only other major pro team that I'm aware of that uses red and metallic gold as their primary colorway...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

The Yankees jersey is better than what they normally wear on the road! The White Sox throwback is to my favorite motif for the club, even if it doesn't necessarily make sense for them in reality. It's good stuff!

Love that. Sort of related, but quietly the Cardinals also tweaked the STL on their primary hat this season, widening it a bit tweaking the corners of the letters. I'm a big fan of what the Cardinals did and love that Yankees hat. 

11 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Love that. Sort of related, but quietly the Cardinals also tweaked the STL on their primary hat this season, widening it a bit tweaking the corners of the letters. I'm a big fan of what the Cardinals did and love that Yankees hat. 

I think the Cards did that last season.  https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/7215932019/St_Louis_Cardinals/2020/Cap_Logo

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

Not like they really had much of a choice to do anything else, though.

ssj.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, the 1990 White Sox were one of the first teams to start the throwback uniform craze.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOaKtnqEKD6w&psig=AOvVaw1XYBQEfs-lHZNybpDkIhRr&ust=1628270648294000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAgQjRxqFwoTCJCssv-ymvICFQAAAAAdAAAAABAN

48 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Ah thanks for clarifying... i guess it was so discreet, I didn't realize it for a year 🤣

This is what happens when your home team's sports network can't work out a deal with anyone other than one cable company. I missed an entire year of a good hat tweak

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I mean, a uniform manufacturer isn’t going to hide its identity either.

Who makes this suit?  It's an advertisement and nothing more.  Does Nike even manufacture the MLB jerseys?  Or just slap their badge on them in a space that they paid MLB for?

Co-branding is lousy branding.  It's hard to tell if they're Nike shirts with baseball team logos, or baseball jerseys with Nike logos.

61a71edf-c221-4d21-aa83-a0ecff920df5.jpe

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Who makes this suit?  It's an advertisement and nothing more.  Does Nike even manufacture the MLB jerseys?  Or just slap their badge on them in a space that they paid MLB for?

Co-branding is lousy branding.  It's hard to tell if they're Nike shirts with baseball team logos, or baseball jerseys with Nike logos.

61a71edf-c221-4d21-aa83-a0ecff920df5.jpe

The thing is, with Nike, you pay for the logo. A plain white shirt from Walmart could be $5, but as soon as the swoosh gets slapped on either side of the chest BOOM! it’s $35+. You end up paying for the brand. Not the shirt itself. The notion of keeping that swoosh on the jerseys regardless of status it holds is purely a financial move. At least Majestic was less intrusive.

23 hours ago, BBTV said:

A white brimmed hat would look terrible after one game.  Think of how dirty the brim would be from players taking them on and off with their dirty hands or batting gloves.  

It white crowns look bad, but white brims are a non-starter.

This thought crossed my mind too, as I was thinking about white brims being used in practice, but then I also thought about these things...

-Players get dirt all over the rest of the uniform routinely, and we don't care about that. We're talking about the only major sport that is even played on dirt.

-There are currently teams with light-colored brims (Athletics, and to a lesser extent the Orioles) whose brim colors are bright enough that dirt would be visible, but I don't see any issues with those teams... or at least no one is complaining about it.

I think they could at least try it (just as a Sunday alt or something), and if the brims do look dirty, then just stop doing it.  We've seen teams ditch an idea early in a season if it didn't work out.  They'd see an uptick in white hat sales either way, so I don't think the organization would care.

My bigger concern was not the dirt aspect, but just that the hat might be too white and not have good color balance with the rest of the uniform.  If that's the case, then yeah, just go with the white crown and red brim.

You're also trying to sell the white brimmed cap to fans, and while I might not care if the players' caps are dirty, I'd rather not get fingerprints or whatever else on the white brim I'm wearing.  Maybe it's not a big deal - I imagine the A's yellow-brimmed cap might be a close-enough example - but it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived