MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

The look on your face when your older brother finds out you've been using his litter box.

xxvPf9J.png

...or when you find out what some folks do with your image.

spacer.png

One team needs to do a Furry Day. How about the Pirates during the next Anthrocon?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, insert name said:

We’ve had this topic before but I don’t mind when teams wear a championship badge all season long. You earned it. You got the right to brag about it for an entire year. 

But a good number of players on the team every year are new and didn't earn it. 

It would be especially stupid if they signed any Rays players that had to wear that patch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/1/2020 at 10:49 AM, Gothamite said:

The Giants keep picking away at their amazing uniforms, each minor change being a major downgrade.

When you get a design right, leave it the hell alone.

And through it all, the gold drop shadows on the home creams, which I've never liked, have survived each change.

All in all, the road jerseys have suffered the most, IMO. The standard ones were given unnecessary gold drop shadows and black piping in 2012, and prior to last season the Sunday alternates (which many, including myself, thought looked better than the standard grays) were scrapped. 

At least the orange and black alternates still look good.

On 12/15/2020 at 7:27 PM, insert name said:

We’ve had this topic before but I don’t mind when teams wear a championship badge all season long. You earned it. You got the right to brag about it for an entire year. 

NPKyQCu.jpg

As long as no one goes overboard like this, I'm fine with it. Yes, they wore that at home for the entire season. On the road it was black. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

Nats wore their garbage the entire season at home and looked terrible doing it.

Yes they did, but considering it was a very shortened season and there were no live Nats fans to celebrate and enjoy the ring ceremony and other festivities, I think the unique circumstances were an appropriate backdrop for trying something new.  

On 12/15/2020 at 8:37 PM, BBTV said:

But a good number of players on the team every year are new and didn't earn it. 

It would be especially stupid if they signed any Rays players that had to wear that patch.

The patch is more for the "organization" than for the individual players.

It's the same situation where a team wears a patch, for example, to commemorate the death of a player who may have played for the team years ago.  There may be players on the team wearing the patch who actually played against that player, maybe even disliked that player, or who never actually met, played with, or possibly even heard of that player (depending on how long ago the player was in the league).  But the players all wear the patch because it is about the organization paying respects, not each individual player necessarily paying respect.

The Dodgers team wearing that patch is more for "The Dodgers," not for the individual players who happen to be wearing it.

A championship just happened, and it must suck for someone who just got beat to have to wear the patch that celebrates his failure.  It'd be like if the dead player they're commemorating had killed one of the current player's family, and they tell him to suck it up and wear the patch.  That might be a little extreme, but it's more in line with my point.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

A championship just happened, and it must suck for someone who just got beat to have to wear the patch that celebrates his failure.  It'd be like if the dead player they're commemorating had killed one of the current player's family, and they tell him to suck it up and wear the patch.  That might be a little extreme, but it's more in line with my point.

Chances are, if that player lost a World Series and was either traded or signed as a free agent with the team that beat him, there's a pretty sizable check he receives on the regular that can help him get over any such discomfort. He'll get over it. Let the team celebrate itself. 

4 minutes ago, insert name said:

If anything, that should motivate him to earn a championship for himself. 

If it was me, I'd cry ever time I put that uniform on, and would likely descend into a lifestyle full of alcohol and pills until I ended up homeless and turning tricks in the supermarket parking lot at night with nothing but that wretched jersey to my name.   IDK about you but I'd rather not push players into a life of prostitution and substance abuse.

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If it was me, I'd cry ever time I put that uniform on, and would likely descend into a lifestyle full of alcohol and pills until I ended up homeless and turning tricks in the supermarket parking lot at night with nothing but that wretched jersey to my name.   IDK about you but I'd rather not push players into a life of prostitution and substance abuse.

Your examples for why they shouldn't have championship badges are unnecessarily extreme and oddly specific. Bro, who hurt you?

XM4KeeA.png

Archived