MLB 2021

SportsLogos.Net News

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Yes, there are 2 royal blues used by new era. Dodger blue used by the dodgers and Cubs, and a true royal blue used by every one else. There are also 2 navy’s used. Midnight navy used by the Yankees and Red Sox caps, and a lighter navy used by everyone else.

The Cubs switched to light royal some years ago and I think the Rangers use the dark one. As for navy, I think only the Rays and Brewers use the light one now...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure the Phillies switched from the lighter royal to the darker version for their alt caps last season when they officially darkened the blue used in their logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet. This seems like a nice way to pay tribute while still allowing for both the 150 anniversary and ASG patches.

This has got to be a joke. April Fools, right?

Hank Aaron is one of the greatest baseball players of all time. He spent 21 years as a Brave. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

At least the Brewers are getting it right.

Wbyvem8.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

7 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

This has got to be a joke. April Fools, right?

Hank Aaron is one of the greatest baseball players of all time. He spent 21 years as a Brave. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

At least the Brewers are getting it right.

Wbyvem8.png

Braves will also wear a 44 patch on the jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

25 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Braves will also wear a 44 patch on the jerseys. 

Where are they putting it? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

HM4cCtN.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

I'm pretty sure the Phillies switched from the lighter royal to the darker version for their alt caps last season when they officially darkened the blue used in their logo.

Usually when there's a change (even a very subtle one) they add the year to the description on Fanatics/MLB Shop and such. The Cardinals are a good example with 2020 added to the new versions after the logo alterations. The Phillies alts don't have any mention so I guess these are the same as before (light or dark).

Mariners, Astros, Cardinals, Twins, Indians, Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees, Nationals and Braves all use the darker, aka midnight navy, for certain.

Rays and Brewers use light navy. Not sure about the Blue Jays' navy alternate that's worn with the powder blue uniform.

As far as the royal, I think the Dodgers and, if they did indeed change them, the Phillies' alternate, are the only ones still using the darker shade. Don't know about the Mariners fauxbacks.

MLB 2021: What’s New in Logos and Uniforms

April 1, 2021 - 03:01 AM

By golly am I ever glad that Major League Baseball is back… even if my team, once again, will play their home games in another country, it’s still a great feeling knowing that every night between now and (hopefully) the end of October I can sit on the couch, turn

Read More...

2 hours ago, McCall said:

Mariners, Astros, Cardinals, Twins, Indians, Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees, Nationals and Braves all use the darker, aka midnight navy, for certain.

Rays and Brewers use light navy. Not sure about the Blue Jays' navy alternate that's worn with the powder blue uniform.

As far as the royal, I think the Dodgers and, if they did indeed change them, the Phillies' alternate, are the only ones still using the darker shade. Don't know about the Mariners fauxbacks.

People keep saying the Twins and Yankees use the same color hat, but I just can't believe it. The Yankees navy is almost black, while the Twins is still distinctly navy

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

People keep saying the Twins and Yankees use the same color hat, but I just can't believe it. The Yankees navy is almost black, while the Twins is still distinctly navy

Only two shades of navy used for MLB hats. The Brewers and Rays are significantly lighter than the other teams, the Twins and Yankees are indeed the same shade.

46 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And that’s just caps - Majestic uses the same shade of royal blue for the Dodgers’ jerseys as they do for the Cubs, Blue Jays, and all the others. 

Hence why the Cubs switched to regular royal hats. The dark royal hat/regular royal jersey combination worn so much looked awful... The Dodgers not having a regular blue alt (not taking ST into account here) don't feature the same kind of mismatch... I'm curious about the Rangers though. Are their blue jerseys the regular shade?

15 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Where are they putting it? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

HM4cCtN.jpg

The reports I read are all kind of unofficial and written when Aaron died, so I might be mistaken. 

The patch could be put on the front (upper shoulder) or in another spot on the sleeves, depending on size. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm very reluctantly accepting the Mets black uniforms coming back, but ideally:

1. The "new" design Cohen alluded to means that the drop-shadows are gone and not that some other bad design feature has been added (shudders just thinking about that).
  2. Their use is limited, hopefully to something like a half dozen home Friday night "blackout" games or something similar.

Really, there's so much that they could do with an alternate set with just orange, blue, and white, that I'd almost rather see them come up with a new set for the same purpose. Just to cite one example, I've often wondered if they could "modernize" some of the old 1920s NY Giants sets with the interlocking NY (that's now on the Mets cap) on the right chest or sleeve.

Archived