International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

That's too bad, but guessing even their contacts at Nike didn't expect this qualifying run and they haven't had the preparation the "star" Nike teams have had. (See also how they basically got zero merch when the women's team won the Olympics, despite Nike allegedly being all-in on women's soccer...)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Digby said:

That's too bad, but guessing even their contacts at Nike didn't expect this qualifying run and they haven't had the preparation the "star" Nike teams have had. (See also how they basically got zero merch when the women's team won the Olympics, despite Nike allegedly being all-in on women's soccer...)

I think that's a problem with the FA's. Australia had the same issue when they released the latest away kits. the FA was like, "We didn't expect more women to buy jerseys".  Has Canadian soccer jerseys sold at all prior to this group?  Regardless, it's not a good look. Even just throwing them in a 2022-2023 teamwear kit should have been a possibility rather than keeping the current uniforms. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/sep/23/ffa-to-make-womens-cut-available-after-matildas-kit-release-mistake

https://www.sportico.com/business/commerce/2020/nike-australian-womens-national-team-kit-unavailable-female-fans-1234613427/

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

If I were head of Nike Soccer, I'd have the new USA jerseys ready with QUALIFIED 22 on the back for the post game celebration once USA clinches the spot. Would be hard to beat that kind of unveil and attention. 

Since the USA is still not technically in and they would be revealing a new template, I understand the big companies putting things like this off until you've confirmed your in. Remember all of the supposed leaks before that game in Trinidad and Tobago?  Nike wouldn't want to take the risk of flying that stuff down and then having to ship it back to be thrown away.  

20 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Adidas unveiled the match ball for the World Cup today — "inspired by culture, architecture, iconic boats and flag of Qatar":

featured-sq-2-1.jpg

More details at the mothership.

And the new adidas logo that will be in use starting next season as well. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Mexico will finally look like Mexico again:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The away kit will be cream/burgundy/dark green:

These kits will of course be the first their new badge, and you can see the new Adidas logo on the new kit as well. The images of the home kit also provide further confirmation that the World Cup kits will serve as the debut of the new Adidas template that Bayern Munich was spotted testing in training last year:

spacer.png

• Like 9

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

México is going to look gorgeous. That new crest looks sharp, but it’ll nice to see México back in their rightful colors. 

It still looks like a cardinal instead of an eagle, but overall the crest is an upgrade. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Will the US get new unis for the World Cup? I hate how boring Nike makes us look. We should own vertical red and white stripes with blue shorts, and then Nike can go wild with the change kit in whatever color du jour they want to force on the kids.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

Will the US get new unis for the World Cup? I hate how boring Nike makes us look. We should own vertical red and white stripes with blue shorts, and then Nike can go wild with the change kit in whatever color du jour they want to force on the kids.

Yes, Nike should be releasing new uniforms by the end of May.  I wouldn't expect them to be too exciting since Nike will be using a  brand new template. 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/06/revolutionary-nike-2022-world-cup-kit.html

Supposedly the USA may have the swoosh on the sleeves instead of the front of the jersey. PSG has that as their third kit jerseys this year. So something like this with a different collar.  and upper chest section.

TxWguEP.jpg

Barcelona's New Training Jersey Reveals Nike's World Cup 2022 Template -  SoccerBible

This is the new neckline for the training jerseys and some of the gameday jerseys.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The swoosh on the sleeves for USMNT is going to look weird, especially with the World Cup patch and captain’s armband taking up sleeve space. If they’re going to get experimental with swoosh placement, I’d rather it be on the shoulders (but closer to the very top of the arm than the neck). I feel like it’d get the same idea across but with more breathing room.

EDIT: Kind of like how Puma does it, but I think they could get away with the swoosh being a bit larger, especially if it isn’t on the chest anywhere:

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Keep the manufacturer's logo on the right chest where it belongs.  The best kits in the world are the ones that have one manufacturer's logo on it, in that spot.

• Like 2

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Keep the manufacturer's logo on the right chest where it belongs.  The best kits in the world are the ones that have one manufacturer's logo on it, in that spot.

PES 2021 PSG New Season 2021/22 Kitpack

Here's an idea of what we'd be dealing with thanks to PSG.

Messi returns, Ramos scores and PSG cruise | Arab News

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Digby said:

Apart from that PSG kit not looking like PSG, I don't mind that placement. My worry is that the USMNT WC kit will tempt Nike to do something that's full American-football in aesthetic. 

Well it's already rumored to be a variation on sky blue, so they're already going outside the normal color pallet.

zZM1xEO.png

It's something close to this, which would be a nice look, but it doesn't look like a normal United States gameday choice. 

geAmQAu.png

Sweden's 2022 Euros kits have been released. Pretty plain in my opinion. According to the article, all adidas teams will have the adidas logo in the center. 

0bjS410.png

New Serbia badge, will be on the World Cup kits as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

0bjS410.png

New Serbia badge, will be on the World Cup kits as well. 

Someone comment on that badge and say it looked more like a graffiti than a proper football one.  I say the updated Cyrillic font and the edition of a stylised double-headed eagle is a huge plus over a decently simple one from the previous World Cups. One of the few new badges where it got more detailed than before.

• Like 1