International (NATIONAL TEAMS) Soccer/Football Kits 2021/2022 (World Cup, etc)

andregunts

16 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Then the me why did England went with a blue away kit instead of red?

Because they have a lot of red teams to deal with this year? And it's possibly  a nod to Euro 96, when England wore blue as the away kit. 

47 minutes ago, Digby said:

Turkey is usually a white primary, aren’t they? Interesting. Italy has the sharpest drop off from home kit to away kit this tournament so too bad for us!

I think Austria has them beat if they are still wearing teal shorts and socks with a black top. 

1 hour ago, 90reds said:

Euros starting strong with both teams in their away kits for some reason. Italy has one of the most beautiful primary kits in the tournament so I'm excited for them to wear these hideous Puma shirts for every match 

They are the away team for this match, and reportedly they have three shirts to pick from this tournament though I don't think we'll see their green kit, since the place I saw all three shirts shown was Footy Headlines. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've also started a Euro 2020 kit tracker on the mothership, in case anyone might find that sort of thing useful: https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/06/11/euro-2020-kit-tracker/soccer/

Notably there have been three red vs. white matchups out of the first four matches. It could have been 4-for-4 if Finland wore their white kits against Denmark today.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 2

Lots of black vs white so far today. England in their home jersey vs Croatia in their aways, and both Austria (black) and North Macedonia (white) in their away kits. 

I've never known for sure but always assumed teams -- national or club -- must have clauses in contracts with manufacturers stating they have to wear their away and/or third kits so many times in a season/tournament. That is the only reason I can think of for some of the nonsensical kit matchups we sometimes see, like AUT-MKD today.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:06 PM, 90reds said:

Is there anywhere we can see kit matchups by match? I'm vaguely remembering in the World Cup there was an account that tweeted out the next day's combos each night but don't remember any more than that

Someone posted this to their Twitter, arguing about the change of shirts for Austria, so I guess they're posted by UEFA, or this guy decided to do the work himself. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I like Austria’s black and teal in theory as something that is at least relatively different for the international game. But that shirt does not go with the set at all. 

Such a shame that Puma pushed this awful new templated design for this tournament instead of sticking with the originally-planned away kits. Austria’s 2020 away kit was fantastic and would’ve been one of the kits of the tournament IMO:

spacer.png

Switzerland and Italy’s original away kits for this tournament were fantastic as well, and Czech Republic’s was at least interesting:

spacer.png

Changing subjects, Netherlands/Ukraine is a really nice looking matchup:

spacer.png

I really do like this Dutch kit, but white or black shorts would elevate it so much.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Fantastic matchup between Poland and Slovakia, featuring two of the nicest individual kits in the tournament:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not enough collars these days, Poland looks great.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Unfortunately Szczesny did . 

Yeah he doesn't have luck when it comes to big tournaments but I wouldn't blame only him because whole defence suck although I agree that Fabiański should be no. 1.

4r2eer.png

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Fantastic matchup between Poland and Slovakia, featuring two of the nicest individual kits in the tournament:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Poland almost always has nice clean looks in major tournaments. Slovakia looks great! I like the double blue with splashes of red.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:55 PM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Poland looks good. Too much monochrome in international soccer these days.

Take France-Germany for example: Both teams could and should be wearing their iconic looks. France should be wearing white shorts while Germany should be wearing black shorts.

• Like 2

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

1 hour ago, Mingjai said:

Poland looks good. Too much monochrome in international soccer these days.

Take France-Germany for example: Both teams could and should be wearing their iconic looks. France should be wearing white shorts while Germany should be wearing black shorts.

UEFA seems to prefer monochrome looks and it's really annoying when that shouldn't be the case here. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Unpopular opinion but I don’t much like white-dark-white vs. dark-white-dark matchups, a little hard to watch. That said, I also don’t care much about the shorts clashing and feel like Germany could’ve worn black shorts without issue here (since France don’t seem to have white shorts with this kit).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 6/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, officeglenn said:

I've also started a Euro 2020 kit tracker on the mothership, in case anyone might find that sort of thing useful: https://news.sportslogos.net/2021/06/11/euro-2020-kit-tracker/soccer/

Notably there have been three red vs. white matchups out of the first four matches. It could have been 4-for-4 if Finland wore their white kits against Denmark today.

good stuff dude