2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Funny, the mostly orange socks are one of the very few things I like about that uniform. Reminds me of when the Bruins still wore yellow socks with their black jerseys

I like the socks too. It's just that the striping is wrong.

2 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

It was probably inspired by the 03-06 alternate with the script logo and black base which was extremely popular with the fan base and even became the default home jersey near the end of the last season and playoffs as the Mighty Ducks IIRC

spacer.png

Yes, it was the home jersey for the 2006 playoffs and I would have to imagine that it had an impact on the 06-14 set.

I dislike these jerseys immensely.

• Like 7

IbjBaeE.png

Just now, monkeypower said:

I like the socks too. It's just that the striping is wrong.

Yes, it was the home jersey for the 2006 playoffs and I would have to imagine that it had an impact on the 06-14 set.

I dislike these jerseys immensely.

Yeah you're right about the socks but since this isn't my team and I'm not watching them 82+ times a year, it didn't really bother me ahah. I didn't even notice the inconsistencies until you pointed them out. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of that alternate either, it badly needed some jade stripes. Or maybe swap black for eggplant and eggplant for jade, I dunno. It was way too close to a Kings jersey. I'm just saying that while I can't prove it, I feel like this jersey is probably the reason why they went with another script logo for the rebrand

I think you could get away with tinkering with the Mighty Ducks look a smidge, maybe by replacing the silver stripe with orange and putting the orange sticks on the primary (and also using the jade triangle on the dark jersey), like so;

spacer.png

This solution marries both eras together pretty well, I feel. Orange adds a nice burst of bright color to the design while not being overwhelming, and the Ducks get to have a totally unique color palette in the league.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Guess it's time to dust off the "Nike alts were the best jerseys the Ducks/Mighty Ducks have ever had" take. I dunno, jade as a primary works a little bit better than eggplant as a primary

I'm a huge fan of the white version from 1999-2000 with the eggplant gear and jersey-specific socks. Very underrated uniform imospacer.png

spacer.png

But I think the jade version was a bit underwhelming with the black gear and regular away socks

spacer.png

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I think you could get away with tinkering with the Mighty Ducks look a smidge, maybe by replacing the silver stripe with orange and putting the orange sticks on the primary (and also using the jade triangle on the dark jersey), like so;

spacer.png

This solution marries both eras together pretty well, I feel. Orange adds a nice burst of bright color to the design while not being overwhelming, and the Ducks get to have a totally unique color palette in the league.

Yikes. No thanks lol

• Like 2

Continuing Ducks talk, they have warmups for Dia de Muertos night.

Gibson also has a mask for it, though he did wear it for the first two periods of their last game on Halloween and switched to his usual one for the third. I don't know what that was about.

The sugar skull in hockey helmet and sugar skull duck mask have been around for at least a couple of seasons now.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

That would look pretty good. I think I'd cut the thickness of the orange stripe by like 50% however. It's all my eyes can focus on with the current amount. Having just a small touch would be a better alternative.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Yeesh. Those Nike jerseys are rough.

The Ducks got it right the first time.

Teemu Selanne & Paul Kariya: Anaheim's Original Dynamic Duo - Anaheim  Calling

This was my favourite uniform in sports growing up, but if they were to go back to this they should really update the logo colours. Doesn't make sense to have a black, jade, and yellow logo on a eggplant, jade, and silver jersey. Change the black to eggplant, and make the sticks silver, and it would be perfect. Also the triangle should stay jade on the dark jersey.

• Like 3

I'm firmly in the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim > Anaheim Ducks camp myself, but it's probably because the Mighty Ducks were actually fun with Kariya, Selanne, 90s Disney, Wild Wing setting himself on fire, etc and the mid-aughts Anaheim Ducks were an affront to everything enjoyable about hockey. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

This was my favourite uniform in sports growing up, but if they were to go back to this they should really update the logo colours. Doesn't make sense to have a black, jade, and yellow logo on a eggplant, jade, and silver jersey. Change the black to eggplant, and make the sticks silver, and it would be perfect. Also the triangle should stay jade on the dark jersey.

I think the yellow can stay, but the black for eggplant might be a good choice.

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Your Sens have gold on the logo but nowhere else on the uniform. The Blackhawks and Wild have like 32 combined colors on theirs logos that aren't found anywhere else on the jersey and they're routinely considered some of the best logos in hockey. The 90s Ducks, Sharks, Coyotes and Panthers are all uniforms that a LOT of people like and have the same "problem". You can probably even include the original Thrashers jerseys on that list, I think a fair amount of people would say they were nice uniforms

Why does it not make sense exactly? I think the gray triangle in particular makes perfect sense. I've seen plenty of Starter jerseys from the 90s that had the jade triangle and it didn't look all that good. Again, the Leafs and Flames flip their logo colours on their jerseys and nobody seems to mind?

The Mighty Ducks jerseys from 1996-97 and 2000-03 were absolutely perfect and I will die on that hill lol

9 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

The Mighty Ducks jerseys from 1996-97 and 2000-03 were absolutely perfect and I will die on that hill lol

Personally, I think the Mighty Ducks looked better without shoulder patches than with. This:

13090522185624.jpg

Looks much cleaner than this:

56136552.jpg.jpg

Plus, I think that shoulder patch is a bit too cartoony, which is saying a lot for the most cartoony brand in hockey history.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

No, the shoulder patches were a great addition.

2079686.jpeg

That is one of the best looks in league history. Period.

• Like 8

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)