2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

Thread is dead

Does anybody know when the Devils and Penguins are unveiling their new alternates? Winter Classic? How about ASG jerseys? Any rumours? I bet Vegas has something wild and flashy and not tasteful at all even by normal ASG standards in store for us lol.

In the meantime it was fun to see several new uniform matchups that couldn't happen last year due to division-only opponents

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

You mean Stadium Series right? Stadium Series uniforms in adidas seasons were unveiled around January and Ferbuary.

Well considering the winter classic is being played January 1st. I’m pretty sure that’s what he meant. I assume their jerseys will be unveiled around Black Friday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

Well considering the winter classic is being played January 1st. I’m pretty sure that’s what he meant. I assume their jerseys will be unveiled around Black Friday.

Winter Classic uniforms were already unveiled back in september:

2022-winter-classic-minnesota-wild-st-lo

• Like 7

4r2eer.png

21 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Other than the "vintage white" im not sure why you would block it. It's unreal. Change that vintage white to regular white and its perfection.

Because the vintage white looks like trash. And since the majority of the uniform is vintage white it makes the whole uniform look bad. Vintage white looks bad in all circumstances especially when white is an option. But on this uniform with the blues colors it just makes the uniform look even dingier. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Thread is dead

Does anybody know when the Devils and Penguins are unveiling their new alternates? Winter Classic? How about ASG jerseys? Any rumours? I bet Vegas has something wild and flashy and not tasteful at all even by normal ASG standards in store for us lol.

The Lightning black alternate they currently wear was released in January of its season, so I presume anything's possible.

• Like 1

Oops yeah I meant Stadium Series. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Sabres will wear. So many possibilities. A return to the goat head and/or black and red colors? A tribute to the Bisons maybe?

As for the Leafs, meh, like the Blackhawks, you know there's a decent chance it looks good but it's still gonna be a variation of a maple leaf logo in blue and white. Hardly exciting. Unless they go with St Pats colours?

36 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

The Lightning black alternate they currently wear was released in January of its season, so I presume anything's possible.

Gotcha. I know some alternates are released halfway into a season sometimes but I'm just surprised we haven't seen any leaks yet. Not even rumours. The only clue we've had so far is the stealth Devils logo on their pants. And maybe it doesn't even have anything to do with their new alternate

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Oops yeah I meant Stadium Series. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Sabres will wear. So many possibilities. A return to the goat head and/or black and red colors? A tribute to the Bisons maybe?

As for the Leafs, meh, like the Blackhawks, you know there's a decent chance it looks good but it's still gonna be a variation of a maple leaf logo in blue and white. Hardly exciting. Unless they go with St Pats colours?

The Sabres / Leafs outdoor game is being branded as a Heritage Classic, so I'd assume the uniforms will be more traditional than the Stadium Series uniforms usually are. 

The Sabres did a Bisons tribute with their 40th Anniversary alt, but that was over 10 years ago, so it's possible they go back to that for this game.

The Leafs play at home on St. Patrick's Day, so they'll probably wear their St. Pats alts then.  I'd be surprised if they wore them for this game since it's going to be just a few days before St Patrick's Day.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Stadium Series is Lightning-Predators, interested to see what ends up being worn.  Going by the neon inspiration on the logo, maybe that’s a possible direction.

wow I completely forgot about that game lol. Perfect opportunity for the Lightning to bring back their original shade of electric/hawaiian blue

8 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I bet $20 the Devils go a Sharks-type route and unveil a "Stealth" jersey that's only black and red.

"🔥🔥🔥"

🤮

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I bet $20 the Devils go a Sharks-type route and unveil a "Stealth" jersey that's only black and red.

Eh, dunno about that. The Devils aren't generally a team that goes that route, even post-Lou. I could easily see them unveiling something like a black and red version of their white throwback jersey and making bank off of that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Eh, dunno about that. The Devils aren't generally a team that goes that route, even post-Lou. I could easily see them unveiling something like a black and red version of their white throwback jersey and making bank off of that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NYRFan said:

Finally a leak! Interesting. I don't usually like script logos but this one looks decent. Might look alright on an old timey jersey with lots of stripes, ideally a black version of their original Christmas set

As for Pittsburgh, I thought they were introducing a new alternate? Am I missing something here?

Looks like the Jersey hat in this line was taken down, as it doesn't appear on the Fanatics site anymore.

All of the hats in that line I can see are alts, except for maybe that Pens one.  Unless we're getting another yellow Pens alt, but that doesnt make any sense.

• Like 1