2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 10/23/2021 at 4:03 PM, IceCap said:

I count three teams that have a primary that I'd call dark blue. That's not bad at all. 

Columbus Blue Jackets

Seattle Kraken

Winnipeg Jets 

It goes up to six if you count alts...

Colorado Avalanche 

Edmonton Oilers 

Washington Capitals 

But overall I would disagree with the notion that the league is too dark blue heavy. 

I specifically said dark blue and not navy blue. The Leafs are dark blue, for example. I also didn't say anything about jerseys. Pants, helmets and gloves are also part of the uniform. So by my count, it's 12. I didn't count the Islanders, Sabres and Canadiens

7 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I specifically said dark blue and not navy blue. The Leafs are dark blue, for example.

I wouldn't count the Leafs as a dark blue team. 

I also didn't say anything about jerseys. Pants, helmets and gloves are also part of the uniform. 

That seems very...arbitrary. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

I wouldn't count the Leafs as a dark blue team. 

That seems very...arbitrary. 

Pantone 281C is almost navy blue. It's certainly not as vibrant as the bright royal blue the Rangers use or even as light as the royal blue the Islanders, Sabres and Blues use. I would definitely call them a dark blue team

spacer.png

And of course it's arbitrary. I only said I thought there were too many dark blue teams in the league. You're also arbitrarily not counting dark royal blue as dark blue. I only stated my opinion that a rare matchup with both teams in bright red looked good. No need to be pedantic and reply with a "uhm, akshully" post about navy blue jerseys which I've never mentioned in the first place

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

No need to be pedantic and reply with a "uhm, akshully" post about navy blue jerseys which I've never mentioned in the first place

You're projecting. It's a discussion forum. I was discussing. That's all there was to it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Pantone 281C is almost navy blue. It's certainly not as vibrant as the bright royal blue the Rangers use or even as light as the royal blue the Islanders, Sabres and Blues use. I would definitely call them a dark blue team

spacer.png

And of course it's arbitrary. I only said I thought there were too many dark blue teams in the league. You're also arbitrarily not counting dark royal blue as dark blue. I only stated my opinion that a rare matchup with both teams in bright red looked good. No need to be pedantic and reply with a "uhm, akshully" post about navy blue jerseys which I've never mentioned in the first place

Might want to use actual jersey colors rather than Pantone codes which are only used got print and digital. spacer.png

as you can see the leafs uniforms are much lighter and brighter than the navy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

spacer.png

The Canucks are a royal blue team, not a navy one. That's a mistake. Their royal blue shade is lighter than the Maple Leafs' shade.

10 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Canucks are a royal blue team, not a navy one. That's a mistake. Their royal blue shade is lighter than the Maple Leafs' shade.

I'm pretty sure we use the exact same shade of blue fabric on our jerseys.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Might want to use actual jersey colors rather than Pantone codes which are only used got print and digital. spacer.png

as you can see the leafs uniforms are much lighter and brighter than the navy.

Still dark royal. I can cherry pick pictures too. Look how dark their blue is compared to the Rangers'. But it's pointless, what I'm saying isn't even debatable. I never said they were a navy team, I just said they were a dark blue team, and according to their pantone #, they objectively are

spacer.png

1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

It's the exact same blue. And they use midnight navy on their logo. But again, I never said the Canucks were a navy team

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

spacer.png

Qualitatively, I’ve never considered Toronto, Tampa Bay, or Vancouver dark blue teams, especially in terms of their actual textile colors.

• Like 3

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

34 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

Qualitatively, I’ve never considered Toronto, Tampa Bay, or Vancouver dark blue teams, especially in terms of their actual textile colors.

Jfc people love to argue over the simplest things on this forum lmao. Since when does dark blue mean navy?spacer.png

Pretty close to what the Leafs, Canucks and Lightning wear, don't you think? I'm done, let's get back on topic. This is just pointless bickering at this point

9 hours ago, habsfan9 said:

Did anyone notice that the sens are not using the stupid ads? good for them!!

spacer.png

Or maybe companies just balked at the asking price and are probably waiting for when ads go on the jerseys. 

• Like 3

I saw, I came, I left.

13 hours ago, habsfan9 said:

Did anyone notice that the sens are not using the stupid ads? good for them!!

spacer.png

This wasn't done intentionally to preserve the integrity of the uniform. Not a chance Melnyk would pass up some extra cash in his wallet.

I'm sure the asking price for the helmet ads was too high for a lot of sponsors. Most of them got the helmet real estate for free last year as a make-good for all the cancelled games.

• Like 1