2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

I also think that both Sharks logos really do have their flaws. While the 90’s bizarreness of the shark eating a hockey stick is actually really cool, the logo just needs to be cleaned up a little bit. The current logo looks more inline with a dated ECHL logo, where it’s tough but cartoony. It needs a little more realism, and a few less outlines. I also still can’t believe that the artist didn’t know enough about hockey to figure out the knob of the stick-problem. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

11 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I also think that both Sharks logos really do have their flaws. While the 90’s bizarreness of the shark eating a hockey stick is actually really cool, the logo just needs to be cleaned up a little bit. The current logo looks more inline with a dated ECHL logo, where it’s tough but cartoony. It needs a little more realism, and a few less outlines. I also still can’t believe that the artist didn’t know enough about hockey to figure out the knob of the stick-problem. 

The Sharks and the Jaguars are logo siblings in different sports, while both of their original logos are flawed they are far superior to the slicked up attempts to modernize in their current logos.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Quick MSPaint job.

Here's my MSPaint job from a little over a year ago. It uses the original colors.

iHOB9WR.png

25xVhb0.png

• Like 14

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

5 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Not bad at all! But how would you deal with the outline on the teal (and black?) jersey? Just white?

Yes, that is what I was thinking. I'm not talented enough to add a white outline in MSPaint.

😂

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I'm tired of retuning to the deigns of the past. Between the Coyotes, Sabres, Flames, Penguins, Islanders, and Senators, we've got enough teams that replaced their identities with stuff that's borrowed from the past.

The Sharks' current logo is fine, there's no need to change it. It looks cleaner, more fierce, and more dynamic than the cartoony '90s logo does. Just brighten the teal, replace the orange with grey, redesign the jerseys, and call it a day.

• Like 1

The old shark looks like a kid's drawing of a shark. It's a blob with fins. Modernize it like the Sens did with the 2D Centurion , but to go back to the original logo is a mistake just like the Sens made by using their original logo. It's poorly rendered and neither team has the historical cache to use a poorly rendered logo just because it's old.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, TheRealPepman said:

Weird that the Flames did not have a helmet sponsor yesterday when they did two days ago. Is it because the TELUS stickers have not been printed yet or will it be a different sponsor?

calgary-flames-center-elias-lindholm-and

Wasn't the intention to wear the 80s "FLAMES" wordmark decals when the team unveiled the full retro set last year? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

I'm tired of retuning to the deigns of the past.

Unnecessarily restricting yourself because of some self-imposed "always forward, never back" mentality rarely produces desirable results. 

Coyotes, Sabres, Flames, Penguins, Islanders, and Senators,

All look better than they used to, by embracing past designs. 

The Sharks' current logo is fine, there's no need to change it. It looks cleaner, more fierce, and more dynamic than the cartoony '90s logo does.

In what way does the 90s logo look cartoony? Especially compared to the current one? The current logo is an anime character. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, IceCap said:

In what way does the 90s logo look cartoony? Especially compared to the current one? The current logo is an anime character. 

I think that every Sharks logo has been cartoon-y, just in different styles. The current does feel very anime-inspired and the old one feels like it's from an old comic strip. The new one is undeniably much more dynamic and has better proportions overall, but I would definitely like an update that reduces the bad aspects of it.

• Like 3

spacer.png

So is the general consensus that the orange is unnecessary to the Sharks look? 

I actually think the color looks great next to the teal. It's just that, in the current set, it's so underplayed that it seems extraneous. I can see making the case for dropping it altogether. But If I'm being honest, I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like if orange became a bigger part of the brand.

My biggest issue with the Sharks' original color scheme is that, despite teal being a new-at-the-time trend color for the league, the whole thing felt drab. The brighter teal they're using now certainly helps, but using black or gray as secondary colors just brings it down a notch for me. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, henburg said:

I think that every Sharks logo has been cartoon-y, just in different styles. The current does feel very anime-inspired and the old one feels like it's from an old comic strip. The new one is undeniably much more dynamic and has better proportions overall, but I would definitely like an update that reduces the bad aspects of it.

In my opinion, removing the stick and going back to the original colors improves it a lot.

He5IHw8.png

• Like 12

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

despite teal being a new-at-the-time trend color for the league, the whole thing felt drab. The brighter teal they're using now certainly helps, but using black or gray as secondary colors just brings it down a notch for me. 

you have it reversed, the OG teal was lighter/brighter than what they wear now. 

• Like 2