2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

19 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Finally a leak! Interesting. I don't usually like script logos but this one looks decent. Might look alright on an old timey jersey with lots of stripes, ideally a black version of their original Christmas set

As for Pittsburgh, I thought they were introducing a new alternate? Am I missing something here?

It's interesting in the fact that it was unexpected, but I would be less than thrilled with a "Jersey" script uni. Feels really similar to the Jets alt script. I also tend to hate when there are nicknames or shortened names on jerseys for example, the "CANES" jersey. Or the "BOLTS" jersey. 

IDK, i will hold out judgement until we see it, but I'm not pumped.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRFan said:

I must say that I enjoy seeing the brick red color, just not this particular sweater  

I was a little disappointed when I saw this. I was really hoping for the black Kachina to match up with the Wild’s road sweaters. 

We did see that match up last year, but I was hoping to see it with the red outlines on the numbers again lol. And with a weird schedule this year, it’ll be the one trip to Arizona that Minnesota makes this year. 

At least the Yotes will have to wear their new (old) white sweaters in Minnesota this year. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Not sure if it's been brought up, but the Bruins are once again wearing their alternate uniform tonight. It's the fifth time this season. I hope they are not interested in going full-time with it...

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1 hour ago, Brass said:

Not sure if it's been brought up, but the Bruins are once again wearing their alternate uniform tonight. It's the fifth time this season. I hope they are not interested in going full-time with it...

Yeah... I don't think you have anything to worry about considering the five games they've worn them are the first five games on their third jersey schedule. They're only wearing them 12 times this season, it's just a very front loaded schedule though with nine of those 12 games being before Christmas.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

14 hours ago, Brass said:

What's the sentiment around Boston for those uniforms?

I think they look like a generic approximation of a Bruins look for a movie or commercial who couldn't get the rights to the actual Bruins uniforms. This is just a completely statement-absent, third jersey for third jersey's sake look here. 

cut.jpg

I feel the same way about these Washington joints too

cut.0.png

• Like 12

PvO6ZWJ.png

16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah... I don't think you have anything to worry about considering the five games they've worn them are the first five games on their third jersey schedule. They're only wearing them 12 times this season, it's just a very front loaded schedule though with nine of those 12 games being before Christmas.

Bruins are scheduled to wear them 12 times this season:

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/fans/third-jersey-nights

patriotssignature.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

I think they look like a generic approximation of a Bruins look for a movie or commercial who couldn't get the rights to the actual Bruins uniforms. This is just a completely statement-absent, third jersey for third jersey's sake look here. 

cut.jpg

I feel the same way about these Washington joints too

cut.0.png

24 year Bruins STH here. Talk amongst the people I hang out with is that they are ok. Better than the old thirds with the secondary logo on the chest. The 'B' logo is fine. The striping is a close to but not exactly what they wore in the 40s. 

My biggest gripe with this set is that they use the same serif font on the names that they use for the regular set. A plain block font like they used on the RR set would have been perfect here.

• Like 4
patriotssignature.png

Bruins uniforms are so hard to screw up but they do it continually with their thirds. I'm not as plugged into Bruins Nation but my sense was that the Reverse Retro gold uniforms were way more popular than any other third they've had recently. Rules be damned, that or something similar ought to be the full-time third.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Digby said:

Bruins uniforms are so hard to screw up but they do it continually with their thirds. I'm not as plugged into Bruins Nation but my sense was that the Reverse Retro gold uniforms were way more popular than any other third they've had recently. Rules be damned, that or something similar ought to be the full-time third.

I mean, Bruins Nation also wants either the Meth Bear or Pooh Bear on the front of an alternate jersey. So there are some reasons not to listen to them. 😛

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, Bruins Nation also wants either the Meth Bear or Pooh Bear on the front of an alternate jersey. So there are some reasons not to listen to them. 😛

Pooh Bear I assume is the Boston manifestation of wacky 90s stuff being back in fashion. Meth Bear, I must confess, is a fantastic logo for a t-shirt or hat. But would be very weird on the jersey front, unless it was happening in Providence and they rebranded the P-Bruins as the rebellious teen bears going through a phase.

4 hours ago, Sport said:

This is a good description of every full-time alternate  they've ever deployed...  With the exception of the Pooh Bear which was awful for different reasons.

They should go with their Reverse Retro or something similar to what they wore in the 2010 Winter Classic.  Or just withdraw from the third jersey program.  The main set is strong enough to stand on its own.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sport said:

Spot on. Wish I could like this post twice cause that's exactly what they feel like. They're not awful by any means, no piping, no weird gimmicks, it's just a solid yet boring classic hockey design but at the same time, nothing about it says "Bruins"

They could have done something to make it less boring. Yellow socks or swapping black for dark brown are the two most obvious things they could have done imo to give this jersey a reason to exist alongside the regular black home jerseys

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

This is a good description of every full-time alternate  they've ever deployed...  With the exception of the Pooh Bear which was awful for different reasons.

They should go with their Reverse Retro or something similar to what they wore in the 2010 Winter Classic.  Or just withdraw from the third jersey program.  The main set is strong enough to stand on its own.

I liked these Winter Classic unis (or were they stadium series? I can't keep track anymore). They at least tried to do something that differentiates it from the normal home sweater. 

Adult_Boston_Bruins_David_Pastrnak_Reebo

I don't like the boring B jerseys for the same reason I didn't like these

1105-bos08.png

What is that uniform doing that the home sweater doesn't? That's for people who just really love the alternate logo and hate shoulder yokes? What's the point?  At least make it yellow or something. 

• Like 9

PvO6ZWJ.png

I liked the simplified striping and lettering on that 2016 Winter Classic one but the old-timey logo did not translate well to "regular" games. Of course that's the only special jersey they have that actually became a semi-permanent third for a while and it's the least interesting/different one among them.

They sell loads of "gold" merch and there's historical precedent, just seems like weird stubbornness that the only alt that color was last year's that turned out to be rarely used and set up to self-destruct anyhow.

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I liked the simplified striping and lettering on that 2016 Winter Classic one but the old-timey logo did not translate well to "regular" games. Of course that's the only special jersey they have that actually became a semi-permanent third for a while and it's the least interesting/different one among them.

They sell loads of "gold" merch and there's historical precedent, just seems like weird stubbornness that the only alt that color was last year's that turned out to be rarely used and set up to self-destruct anyhow.

spacer.png

The Bruins FO really seems to think that black is badass and cool and yellow is wack or something which is a shame. From the logo to the socks to the away jersey being so black heavy and the last three or four third jerseys being black, they're afraid of embracing yellow as a team color for some reason. Why couldn't the away jersey have yellow shoulder yokes?

spacer.png

• Like 1

First of all Bruins should and even must go back to yellow socks at home.  And what about their alternate, It would be nice to see a return of 2010 Winter Classic uniform:

96327471.jpg.jpg

Last year reverse retro but with black cuffs is a good option too.

• Like 11

4r2eer.png

I liked the Bruins alt at first but it’s kinda boring. The white version idea is something I tried in the Concepts area because it would be a more direct throwback and would be something a little different from what they’ve done in a while. I definitely want to see them do something different though. If they could come up with a good new bear logo that’d be a great start. 

On 11/15/2021 at 9:48 AM, Sport said:

I think if Boston is incessant about having a black third jersey, this is the best possible version of that. I like the consistency of the logo matching the numbers perfectly, similar to Calgary's jerseys. The striping style is also very underutilized.

I do agree that they would be better off going with a yellow third jersey though. The 2010 Winter Classic set is one of my all time favourite looks.