2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

On 11/15/2021 at 4:50 PM, AFirestormToPurify said:

The Bruins FO really seems to think that black is badass and cool and yellow is wack or something which is a shame. From the logo to the socks to the away jersey being so black heavy and the last three or four third jerseys being black, they're afraid of embracing yellow as a team color for some reason. Why couldn't the away jersey have yellow shoulder yokes?

spacer.png

However fearful they are of using yellow is dwarfed significantly by their apparent apprehension toward using brown in their color scheme.

(Because...poop and pee?)

Bruin literally is a folk term for brown bear!

• Like 2

Kings will wear their new alternate jerseys tonight against the Caps, which means the Caps brought two sets of unis (white at Anaheim, blue or red at LA) 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, NYRFan said:

However fearful they are of using yellow is dwarfed significantly by their apparent apprehension toward using brown in their color scheme.

(Because...poop and pee?)

Bruin literally is a folk term for brown bear!

You're absolutely right, and I mentioned earlier how their alternate could instantly be 1000% cooler by simply swapping black for the same shade of dark brown they used in 2010 and 2019 on their outdoor game jerseys. It's a nice shade, didn't give me any peepee-poopoo vibes and I'm a Habs fan lol. But I'd only use brown for an alternate, not on their full time uniforms

• Like 2

I don't get anything about it. Let's ignore the chrome helmet because it's stupid. Why use the throwback logo on a jersey that has similar striping to the throwback unis, but isn't identical to the striping on the throwback uniforms? It makes them look like an error or a knockoff. You're that close - just use straight throwbacks. 

• Like 10

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 11/18/2021 at 7:38 AM, NYRFan said:

The helmets are kinda dumb, sure, but it's the white gloves that make me hate this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Honestly, I love the craziness/tackiness of the chrome dome and the white gloves. It somehow works with the white and silver on the jerseys. 

The sock striping is pretty cool too. But the sleeves are weird, and the whole jersey just seems meh. It’s too boring. If they were going to go crazy with an alternate, why is the jersey just so boring?

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 11/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, Brass said:

Not sure if it's been brought up, but the Bruins are once again wearing their alternate uniform tonight. It's the fifth time this season. I hope they are not interested in going full-time with it...

I hope not either, I am a lifelong Bruins fan and NOT a fan of these at all!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

With an interesting namesake like 'Devils'  and Lou Amarillo in the rear-view, this would have been a great opportunity to get creative and add to a historically solid identity... 

Instead we get another boring script (was anyone clamoring for another one of these?) on a lazy approximation of a Blackhawk's throwback and a perfect example of the "statement absent, third jersey for third jersey's sake look" Sport was talking about.

• Like 3

In other, less disappointingly bland news...

The Isles are gonna be wearing these patches for the rest of the season after their home opener tonight. I don't like the way the design makes it look like it's the Isles' inaugural season instead of the arena's, but the design itself is pretty solid.

• Like 5