2021-22 NBA Changes

9 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. Maybe it's just me, but my brain occasionally wants to separate the words differently. So rather than seeing it as Oklahoma City / Thunder as intendedI find myself seeing it as Oklahoma / City Thunder  (as opposed to the country thunder, I suppose?)  Of course, I'm willing to fully admit that this is a dumb thing that only I do. 

Regardless, the Thunder are probably the easiest case for naming the team after the state than just a city. There are no other pro franchises in Oklahoma, and it's not a Kansas City situation where dropping “city” would be leaving out its primary state.  And they wouldn't really have to drop the OKC acronym since they still play in the city. 

The easiest solution? Move them to Seattle. 

Actually, wouldn't the easiest solution be to have a Charlotte/New Orleans type situation?  What I mean by that is this: the NBA grants an expansion team to Seattle, names it the Seattle SuperSonics, and then the Professional Basketball Club LLC (the ownership group of the Oklahoma City Thunder) agrees to transfer the franchise history of the original SuperSonics back to the newly granted expansion team in Seattle.

1 hour ago, CATLogo1 said:

Actually, wouldn't the easiest solution be to have a Charlotte/New Orleans type situation?  What I mean by that is this: the NBA grants an expansion team to Seattle, names it the Seattle SuperSonics, and then the Professional Basketball Club LLC (the ownership group of the Oklahoma City Thunder) agrees to transfer the franchise history of the original SuperSonics back to the newly granted expansion team in Seattle.

As a result of the original lawsuit settlement, any NBA team in Seattle has the rights to use the Sonics' name and colors and will "share" the history with the Thunder.

• Like 6

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, CATLogo1 said:

That’s already in place there bud

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

was just about to say this. i always felt like more teams should incorporate their mascot/theme onto their main jerseys. those right there are a perfect example. another example is what the hawks *should* have done. which was to use the winged jerseys with updated colors for the main set. 

Hide contents

D98YhfHXUAE7Cdk.jpg

Those are both pretty good but it can get cheesy fast. Never liked the NJ netting trim or Twolves trees.

2 hours ago, chakfu said:

Those are both pretty good but it can get cheesy fast. Never liked the NJ netting trim or Twolves trees.

Those are both great examples IMO, but to each his own. Now, if the Bulls stuff horns on the shorts, we’re going to have a problem.

• Like 8

19 hours ago, QCS said:

As a result of the original lawsuit settlement, any NBA team in Seattle has the rights to use the Sonics' name and colors and will "share" the history with the Thunder.

I know. I'm saying I wish that settlement agreement could be amended so that the history of the Seattle SuperSonics isn't shared with the Oklahoma City Thunder. It should be a situation where not only does Seattle get a new SuperSonics team and its related history and branding back, but that the Oklahoma City Thunder are treated like an expansion team that started in 2008.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, CATLogo1 said:

I know. I'm saying I wish that settlement agreement could be amended so that the history of the Seattle SuperSonics isn't shared with the Oklahoma City Thunder. It should be a situation where not only does Seattle get a new SuperSonics team and its related history and branding back, but that the Oklahoma City Thunder are treated like an expansion team that started in 2008.

Not sure of the terms, but OKC voluntarily agreed to effectively not wear Sonics throwbacks nor wear the golden tab for the one title won by the Sonics on their OKC jerseys.  

Man if I was in charge of the NBA/Nike relationship I’d straight up ban white jerseys on the road. All these years and I’ll never get used to it smh. 

Color vs color should be allowed whenever and wherever, especially with directly contrasting colors like red/blue etc. 

Secondly, if you have some city/earned jersey that doesn’t have a matching court, or the colors don’t match, can’t wear it at home. Like why the hell are the Lakers wearing purple & blue jerseys on a purple & yellow court ? It just looks soooooo tacky. Is it that hard for the Lakers to make the apron blue ? Like literally the bare minimum. They damn near change their court everyday for the Clippers, or the dumb ad on the apron 🙄

I’m sorry, I had to rant. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, bushy said:

Man if I was in charge of the NBA/Nike relationship I’d straight up ban white jerseys on the road. All these years and I’ll never get used to it smh. 

So if the Spurs play at Brooklyn, and the Nets choose to wear black, then are the Spurs going to play naked, or are both teams going to wear black?  Camo jerseys have no place in my universe.

(Dang it: I forgot that they have a silver jersey in their repertoir.)

11 minutes ago, sayahh said:

So if the Spurs play at Brooklyn, and the Nets choose to wear black, then are the Spurs going to play naked, or are both teams going to wear black?  Camo jerseys have no place in my universe.

(Dang it: I forgot that they have a silver jersey in their repertoir.)

Yeah the Spurs have silver, but nah the Nets would just wear whites lol. I said they can wear color vs color wherever, whenever but ESPECIALLY if they’re contrasting colors. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bushy said:

Yeah the Spurs have silver, but nah the Nets would just wear whites lol. I said they can wear color vs color wherever, whenever but ESPECIALLY if they’re contrasting colors. 

Did you miss the Nets choosing to wear black part?  Same reason why when Celtics choose to wear one of their green alternates, the Lakers are forced to wear gold (or white) in Boston.  If Nets chose black, and say that the Spurs didn't have the silver or camo jerseys, and you don't want any teams to wear white as a visitor, then what are the Spurs going to wear?  

It's all messed up, but I guess "no tradition" is the new "tradition."

BTW, do Canadians leave the period inside or outside quotation marks?  Just curious.

On 1/8/2022 at 1:16 AM, sayahh said:

Did you miss the Nets choosing to wear black part?  Same reason why when Celtics choose to wear one of their green alternates, the Lakers are forced to wear gold (or white) in Boston.  If Nets chose black, and say that the Spurs didn't have the silver or camo jerseys, and you don't want any teams to wear white as a visitor, then what are the Spurs going to wear?  

It's all messed up, but I guess "no tradition" is the new "tradition."

BTW, do Canadians leave the period inside or outside quotation marks?  Just curious.

Nope. Had no idea Nets had jersey rules. Thought the Lakers were the only ones with an exception still. 

Also I hate that the Heat wear black accessories now with their white uni’s. Miss the all white accessories like the Big 3 era. I’d even be in favor of them doing red accessories, that’d be fun and a first for them I believe. 

6 hours ago, bushy said:

Nope. Had no idea Nets had jersey rules. Thought the Lakers were the only ones with an exception still. 

Also I hate that the Heat wear black accessories now with their white uni’s. Miss the all white accessories like the Big 3 era. I’d even be in favor of them doing red accessories, that’d be fun and a first for them I believe. 

Remember when LeBron chose to keep wearing black when Cavs won their title?  And again when he chose to wear the Black Mamba alternate in a title-clinching game?  (They lost that game, btw, but won the next one wearing the scheduled white jersey.) 

13 hours ago, bushy said:

I’d even be in favor of them doing red accessories, that’d be fun and a first for them I believe. 

I've always liked when team color accessories were worn with white unis, looks so much more interesting. The Heat haven't usually done that, though, so I'm kinda used to the single color clean look as their thing.

• Like 4

This NBA season is a total dud, uniforms included. Not surprised about the lack of buzz around uniforms this year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags