2021-22 NBA Changes

5 hours ago, DJT said:

Worst all star jerseys ever? Well done Cleveland. 

Don't think it's Cleveland behind the All-Star uni design... Anyway, I would've hoped this was the Celebrity game jersey or something, but now that Conrad has confirmed it too.. Another big ol' head scratcher.

• Like 4

That all-star game uniform is ridiculous. I also don't like all-star game uniforms in general. After rewatching about 15 years worth of old all-star games recently, the ones I found most enjoyable were those in which the players wore their regular team uniforms. In some cases, that was one of the few times a national audience was able to see some of those uniforms. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

Was this all star game suppose to be in Charlotte at any time? These look like they were made for Charlotte with the hexagon pattern and the Carolina panthers-esc blue they are using.

No, Charlotte originally had 2017, which was moved to New Orleans. They received the 2019 game afterwards.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

This photo is a swingman but that pattern looks very similar to WNBA authentic shirts which might mean (let's call it conventionally ) Dri-Fit Adv pattern would replace Vaporknit one on NBA jerseys soon. On the other hand it's still a swingman and you typically don't see those fabrics pattern on swingmans so it might be just a design thing. On third hand if it's a dri-fit adv pattern then it might be toned down on game jerseys.

4r2eer.png

On 1/21/2022 at 2:23 PM, dont care said:

Was this all star game suppose to be in Charlotte at any time? These look like they were made for Charlotte with the hexagon pattern and the Carolina panthers-esc blue they are using.

Timeline doesn't really work out but that was my first thought after the 2021 debacle with the obvious Pacers references in Atlanta.

210307213002-04-nba-all-star-2021-super-

Maybe they'll be wearing wine & gold in Salt Lake next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

random thing i noticed today. the bulls and spurs have a similar design for their city unis. three stripes on the side and belt and a diamond on the sides of the shorts 

Hide contents

jakob-poeltl-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-dr

demar-derozan-of-the-chicago-bulls-shoot

not relevant to the current discussion, just a random thought. 

I've noticed how this alternate jersey looks like the Chicago flag (and Jordan's rookie jersey swapping red with light blue though it appears teal here) when negative filter is applied.

EpbPkDx.jpg