2021-22 NBA Changes

22 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Number 99 on the Suns is wearing a tight white long sleeve shirt and tight white pants 🤨

It's Jae Crowder. He's wearing short sleeve baselayer, two padded sleeves on top +3/4 padded tights and double socks on legs. He's using that set since last season.

Btw it's pretty wack that in NBA baselayers are only black or white compare to NCAA where they've got them in multiple colors choices which mean better fit to uniform and accessories colors.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It's Jae Crowder. He's wearing short sleeve baselayer, two padded sleeves on top +3/4 padded tights and double socks on legs. He's using that set since last season.

Btw it's pretty wack that in NBA baselayers are only black or white compare to NBA where they've got them in multiple colors choices which mean better fit to uniform and accessories colors.

I was watching some old NBA clips the other day and started thinking about the evolution of base layers in the league.

I recall back in the late '80s/early '90s, right before Michigan's Fab 5 made long shorts a trend, a lot of players began to wear team-branded compression shorts underneath their team-issued short shorts. As a junior high basketball player at the time, I remember buying a pair just to match the trends. I seem to recall they came in team colors, so this image of Kenny "Sky" Walker may not be the best example. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Suns leak?

FHFzVuuVEAA1snV?format=jpg&name=smallFHFzV3BVUAMwfSa?format=jpg&name=medium

I…don’t hate these. Seems like they’re trying to evoke the 90’s/Barkley-era set, which isn’t a bad idea. The word mark in the sunburst is a clever idea, but idk about white on white. 

(That looks like the Cavs number font.
spacer.png

Would be the second time the Suns stole Cleveland’s number font.)

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

Suns leak?

FHFzVuuVEAA1snV?format=jpg&name=smallFHFzV3BVUAMwfSa?format=jpg&name=medium

The 90s jerseys were helped by having the numbers at the same angle as the streaking ball...they probably should have done that here, too (if this is legit). 

These are a good effort and way better than the early 2010 set, but still not quite as good as the 90s set. 

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t think so, we’ve already seen the leaked suns uniform that was rejected for keeping last years “the valley” uniform.

The leaked City jersey (that was ultimately mothballed) has nothing to do with a new home/away set for 22/23.  Apples and oranges.  

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Does it feel like the Suns switch their set pretty frequently now? This would make it 3 sets in about 10 years. Just seems like they don't know exactly what they want to stick with.

That being said, to me these look like an improvement. I'm much more a fan of the diagonal text and removal of beveling

Not at all a fan of the black inside the sun on the purple jersey. But I can live with these. I'd rather the commit to a more retro look (I prefer the 80s wester/sun on shorts look), but I could probably say that about 90% of teams in every sport. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Does it feel like the Suns switch they're set pretty frequently now? This would make it 3 sets in about 10 years. Just seems like they don't know exactly what they want to stick with.

This just proves they should have never gotten rid of the sunburst set to begin with.  When you get it right, you stick with it.  Everything since has been a downgrade.  Sticking with the sunburst set and tweaking or evolving  it over time would have been the better move.  If those leaks are real, maybe that's what the original set would have evolved into over the last 25 years or so.

• Like 5