2021-22 NBA Changes

ff_4380745-8f9ddbf0e01ad5100344_full.jpg

Sacramento Kings missed the mark on theirs. If they would have done something like this...2 tone jersey with SacTown wordmark, but maybe half purple,  black and

Other half  light blue, red and white or even just have the last name underneath like this jersey. So many elements that could have blended nicely. 

ff_4147133-f0d9cbd422be59adc675alt1_full

Then again that would have looked like the Hornets City. (Shrug). Just my 2 cents.

• Like 9
shado_logo.gif

Apologies in advance for the randomness of this thought, but I was watching the 1987 NBA All-Star Game (it was held in Seattle that year) and was struck with a flood of uniform-related childhood memories.

In particular, what stood out for me was how much I really liked the original Dallas Mavericks look. This was the Rolando Blackman / Mark Aguirre / Detlef Schrempf era of the Mavs. They had a pretty good team in that era, but still didn't seem to warrant a lot of national TV attention. So as a kid I was always drawn to those types of the teams; the Nuggets were another one.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the Mavs' old M-in-a-cowboy hat look, along with the unique Western-inspired typeface, has way more character than what they've worn for the past 20 years or so.  I also like how it was a green-first look, as opposed to their blue heavy current design.

Anyway, maybe this is just the nostalgia speaking, but I'd much rather see them in something inspired from those early years. 

spacer.png

• Like 10

13 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Apologies in advance for the randomness of this thought, but I was watching the 1987 NBA All-Star Game (it was held in Seattle that year) and was struck with a flood of uniform-related childhood memories.

In particular, what stood out for me was how much I really liked the original Dallas Mavericks look. This was the Rolando Blackman / Mark Aguirre / Detlef Schrempf era of the Mavs. They had a pretty good team in that era, but still didn't seem to warrant a lot of national TV attention. So as a kid I was always drawn to those types of the teams; the Nuggets were another one.

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but the Mavs' old M-in-a-cowboy hat look, along with the unique Western-inspired typeface, has way more character than what they've worn for the past 20 years or so.  I also like how it was a green-first look, as opposed to their blue heavy current design.

Anyway, maybe this is just the nostalgia speaking, but I'd much rather see them in something inspired from those early years. 

spacer.png

Ahh, the Forum.   But yeah, this was my favorite Mavs set (and logo).

On 11/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, Shadojoker said:

ff_4380745-8f9ddbf0e01ad5100344_full.jpg

Sacramento Kings missed the mark on theirs. If they would have done something like this...2 tone jersey with SacTown wordmark, but maybe half purple,  black and

Other half  light blue, red and white or even just have the last name underneath like this jersey. So many elements that could have blended nicely. 

ff_4147133-f0d9cbd422be59adc675alt1_full

Then again that would have looked like the Hornets City. (Shrug). Just my 2 cents.

As hideous as that jersey would be that you described I agree.

• Like 1

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 11/1/2021 at 10:49 AM, sharplcd said:

Going on Lockervision and seeing the potential uniform matchups is gonna be very fun. I already saw Hawks (city) vs. Hornets (city) is a matchup, and I saw that Boston and New York both plan to wear their city edition unis against Lakers in yellow. That link you posted Digby is a phenomenal look at all of the New Jerseys/shorts. 

I think Orlando came so close but I’m upset they went with Orange. This uniform could’ve been perfect with the team colors.

spacer.png

I agree. This actually isn't too far off from the mashup that I've always envisioned. It would be so much better with blue as opposed to orange. There are other things I'd change as well, but the use of orange is my biggest turn-off to this set.

12 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Do you know that Warriors are eligible for Classic uniform for basically every next season? That's freaking insane! They've might be like an Undertaker of NBA until Brock Lesnar come in and end a streak.

Isn’t every team eligible for a Classic jersey?

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Isn’t every team eligible for a Classic jersey?

Technically yes but it needs to be any anniversary that end with number 0 or 5. Warriors have anniversaries like that every year. I didn't checked others teams if they have same opportunity like GSW but maybe I'll do it.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

34 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Technically yes but it needs to be any anniversary that end with number 0 or 5. Warriors have anniversaries like that every year. I didn't checked others teams if they have same opportunity like GSW but maybe I'll do it.

No it doesn't, the Hornets wore the 1988-89 teal jerseys in 17-18, which wasn't an anniversary.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

6 hours ago, QCS said:

No it doesn't, the Hornets wore the 1988-89 teal jerseys in 17-18, which wasn't an anniversary.

25th anniversary of first play-off ended season or 30th anniversary of granted spot in NBA or 15th anniversary of leaving Charlotte.

In this article there is explanation: https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/11/18/detroit-pistons-tantalizing-teal-jerseys-could-hit-court-again-2022/4228726002/

Btw Pistons could celebrate 15th anniversary of their 2004 championship in 2019, they missed that.

• Like 4

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

25th anniversary of first play-off ended season or 30th anniversary of granted spot in NBA or 15th anniversary of leaving Charlotte.

In this article there is explanation: https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/11/18/detroit-pistons-tantalizing-teal-jerseys-could-hit-court-again-2022/4228726002/

Btw Pistons could celebrate 15th anniversary of their 2004 championship in 2019, they missed that.

So just needs to be an anniversary regardless of what it is. So yeah every team is eligible so long as they can articulate the reason it’s an anniversary.

• Like 1

Not really. From Lockervision

Classic Edition is reserved for Teams celebrating anniversaries or iconic moments in franchise history

Staying with Hornets as a example, they don't have too many iconic moments. First playoff run might be iconic but other playoffs are just a playoffs.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

52 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Not really. From Lockervision

Staying with Hornets as a example, they don't have too many iconic moments. First playoff run might be iconic but other playoffs are just a playoffs.

But what defines an “iconic” moment. Any team can say any year is iconic so long as they can articulate it. Heck the 76er could say their tank years were iconic because it got them embid. All that matters is the articulation in being able to sell it as iconic then it becomes that status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

But what defines an “iconic” moment.

I guess it's mainly a Championships. Can be also Conference titles, relocations to new city/arena. Rule can't be too loose even if at the end it's NBA (with nike?) that give approved for a retro.

4r2eer.png