2021-22 NBA Changes

The T'Wolves neon green is legitimately hard on the eyes on certain screens. 

Bigger issue there though is that it looks like a high school championship game that's getting played at Staples; nobody matches their surroundings. Wish that Lakers jersey had some gold, or that they made an alt court for that uniform. I think the deluge of alt courts is a silly waste of money for the most part but I admit this shows why they're useful.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Digby said:

The T'Wolves neon green is legitimately hard on the eyes on certain screens. 

Bigger issue there though is that it looks like a high school championship game that's getting played at Staples; nobody matches their surroundings. Wish that Lakers jersey had some gold, or that they made an alt court for that uniform. I think the deluge of alt courts is a silly waste of money for the most part but I admit this shows why they're useful.

I say this with a huge amount of ignorance as to how the panels of the court are built and connect together...but the Lakers seemingly wouldn't need a whole new alt court for this...just a new light blue apron.  

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

44 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Lakers’ City warmups are so much better than the actual unis IMO:

spacer.png

Single stripe down the side might look better if it matched the dual-stripe pattern on the sleeve.  Just my opinion.

On 11/12/2021 at 11:32 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is ridiculous.

gnIld5k.png

This would've looked a lot better (not perfect, mind you) if it had taken place in Minnesota. I think their homecourt would've tied the colors together nicely since navy can sometimes have more of a neutral effect. The Lakers' floor takes too much away from the match-up and makes it even more garish.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

From Christmas Staples Center turn into Crypto.com Arena:

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-11-16/crypto-staples

I feared the day that this would happen. "Staples Center" is such an iconic name, nearly a landmark in LA, so to change the name to sosmthing as dumb as this (why not just Crypto Arena? is the .com neccessary?) is terrible. People are still gonna call it Staples, though.

• Like 9

On 11/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, spartacat_12 said:

They flew too close to the sun with these ones, but I guess that was probably inevitable. The fiesta colours only work as an accent/compliment to the black/white/grey, not as the primary focus of the uniform. These look like they took a rejected Miami Heat Vice design, then lazily slapped their main wordmark on the chest.

I loved this look. The Spurs wordmark in black is the only thing I would have changed.  I really loved the warmup jackets as well. I'll probably grab one as soon as they are available in January.  I do think they should have had the Chaparral on the right shorts leg so it's facing forward instead of on the left. 

kYys3vR.jpg

clTj0ja.jpg

OlKg6iP.jpg

• Like 10

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

34 minutes ago, DJT said:

New Utah license plate. So pretty confident the note logo is staying around in black/white like previously stated. Probably an alt logo. 

spacer.png

Doesn’t have the little notch at the end. Interesting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Doesn’t have the little notch at the end. Interesting.

Good catch. I wonder if that's for a more simplified/scaled down license plate version or if they may remove it going forward. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

How bleak things have become that we have people pining for the days when an arena was named for a bland office supply box store.

And that arena was already the soulless new box! Albeit one with better sightlines and bathrooms. Anschutz et al were smart to cut ties entirely with the old Forum, not just because of its nowheresville location but also to make "Staples Center", somehow, an iconic brand in American sports. Boston just built the new arena directly next to the old one so they don't even try to call it anything but "the Garden"; sorry to whatever bank.

Not enough has been made of the funny thing that the new Clippers arena is going up across from the old Forum. Like a land swap on a 25 year delay. The Clippers wanting to be Inglewood's team is just.... 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Digby said:

And that arena was already the soulless new box! Albeit one with better sightlines and bathrooms. Anschutz et al were smart to cut ties entirely with the old Forum, not just because of its nowheresville location but also to make "Staples Center", somehow, an iconic brand in American sports. Boston just built the new arena directly next to the old one so they don't even try to call it anything but "the Garden"; sorry to whatever bank.

Not enough has been made of the funny thing that the new Clippers arena is going up across from the old Forum. Like a land swap on a 25 year delay. The Clippers wanting to be Inglewood's team is just.... 

...so Clippers?

• Like 6

On 11/17/2021 at 3:25 AM, WSU151 said:

These Nets mixtape unis may not be perfect, but they’re close. Wordmark looks great, side details are cool. 

Always found that Nets wordmark ugly, and while they did the right thing in adding the Kidd era side panel pattern, the Dr J era stripe with the stars doesn't work there in such a narrow form. All in all very meh. Should've put the aforementioned side panels on both sides, they had always been very symbolic for the Nets to me.

15 hours ago, DJT said:

Good catch. I wonder if that's for a more simplified/scaled down license plate version or if they may remove it going forward. 

The notch wasn't present in the big logo sculpture they repainted nor in the practice court graphics that we saw.

Seeing the logo in just plain black is very underwhelming, though. Would've benefitted of a yellow outline, if they're about to use it as a team color.

Edited by truepg
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Always found that Nets wordmark ugly, and while they did the right thing in adding the Kidd era side panel pattern, the Dr J era stripe with the stars doesn't work there in such a narrow form. All in all very meh. Should've put the aforementioned side panels on both sides, they had always been very symbolic for the Nets to me.

The side panels are only on one side as a homage to this:

Lot Detail - 1987-1988 Darryl Dawkins New Jersey Nets Game-Used Road Jersey

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.