2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

One of the first leaks of 20/21 City and Classic unis are from catalog and had sponsor patches (except Heat all of them became true). :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tried to look for them but gave up.  Guess my memory isn't that great. Perhaps I was thinking of 2021/22?

8 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Tried to look for them but gave up.  Guess my memory isn't that great. Perhaps I was thinking of 2021/22?

Edit:  I was thinking more this batch of leaks NEW-NBA-UNIFORMS-LEAKED-HAWKS-NETS-LAKER

and less of this batch of leaks:

Ell3_DKX0AAuls6?format=jpg&name=small

22 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

knicks playing on a different court design at the garden just feels so wrong. like it doesn't even feel like they're at MSG i would have thought they were playing in san antonio or something  

Idk the giant Knicks logo tipped me off. But seriously since they’ve only used it once so far this season I’m not too mad at it.

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

No thanks. It's a disjointed mess regardless of the collar.

I like how it pulls in the purple and even the blue...but no red?

The blue annoys me so much. Maybe it could work to help justify the purple (which was a cool scheme IMO - the best of the outlandish 90s color rebrands)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

per Robbie Poulain

494-D5-BF9-D304-46-EC-8-C30-4-C4-FA22-EC

Other clubs had no problems with alternate courts so it weird they've got them.

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Knicks will discontinue wearing their classic uniform.

Boooooo!

I guess reason is same as with orange uni although i don't know a record of that classic (in adidas and nike era).

4r2eer.png

22 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Oklahoma Thunder sounds much better than Oklahoma City.

I agree. Maybe it's just me, but my brain occasionally wants to separate the words differently. So rather than seeing it as Oklahoma City / Thunder as intendedI find myself seeing it as Oklahoma / City Thunder  (as opposed to the country thunder, I suppose?)  Of course, I'm willing to fully admit that this is a dumb thing that only I do. 

Regardless, the Thunder are probably the easiest case for naming the team after the state than just a city. There are no other pro franchises in Oklahoma, and it's not a Kansas City situation where dropping “city” would be leaving out its primary state.  And they wouldn't really have to drop the OKC acronym since they still play in the city. 

The easiest solution? Move them to Seattle. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'd prefer an entire look based off of the earned set from last season.

spacer.png

was just about to say this. i always felt like more teams should incorporate their mascot/theme onto their main jerseys. those right there are a perfect example. another example is what the hawks *should* have done. which was to use the winged jerseys with updated colors for the main set. 

Spoiler

D98YhfHXUAE7Cdk.jpg

• Like 5

IMG-7122.gif