2021-22 NBA Changes

9 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Timeline doesn't really work out but that was my first thought after the 2021 debacle with the obvious Pacers references in Atlanta.

210307213002-04-nba-all-star-2021-super-

Maybe they'll be wearing wine & gold in Salt Lake next year.

I still think it was a mistake to using that uniforms .They should give them a teamwear of played in a teams uniforms and leave those Pacers themed for 2024.

And for Bulls I wish they keep their City uniform for two more seasons.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

19 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

random thing i noticed today. the bulls and spurs have a similar design for their city unis. three stripes on the side and belt and a diamond on the sides of the shorts 

Hide contents

jakob-poeltl-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-dr

demar-derozan-of-the-chicago-bulls-shoot

not relevant to the current discussion, just a random thought. 

I noticed the diamond on the Spurs uniform as well, as it seemed very Bulls-like but they do have a history with it:

25784695_1.jpg?v=8D3E87E405864B0&f=1&nof

For the Bulls the diamond is standard, of course.

https:%252F%252Fdawindycity.com%252Fwp-c

• Like 3

4 hours ago, truepg said:

It was more interesting indeed when everyone played in their teams' uniform.

The best thing about that span is a fact that Western team never played in their home uniforms even in Oakland. I can only guess that was because of Lakers and their yellow. I read rumors back in a day that this was one of reason to introducing Sunday White uni but NBA in same year revert back to specific ASG unis.

4r2eer.png

12 minutes ago, Gobbi said:

Is there even room for front numbers on these? The huge NBA logo makes these look like jerseys meant for some youth initiative program or something.

No, the other leak only had back numbers that were barely visible. This game will be a s***show for officials, and announcers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont care said:

No, the other leak only had back numbers that were barely visible. This game will be a s***show for officials, and announcers

Well, it's an ASG there isn't much officiating to be had.

But, honestly the NBA is the only Top 4 sport that can go numberless on one part of the jersey for a game like this because players' mugs are the most marketable due to the nature of the sport. 

Doesn't make sh** jerseys like these excusable, but I get it.

• Like 5

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 1/24/2022 at 5:29 AM, truepg said:

Having All-Star uniforms feels like nothing more than a money-grab. It was more interesting indeed when everyone played in their teams' uniform. I can see some justification, if they're based on the host team's identity. Otherwise no.

I prefer having special uniforms for the game because the alternative is a jumbled mess. They looked fine in 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013, for instance.

But they need to get back to designing actual basketball uniforms, not weird :censored: that lacks basic elements like front numbers and looks like bootleg merchandise you'd find at a gas station.

• Like 6

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Unpopular opinion: the Nets should swap the current side panels for the subway tile on the court.

EDIT: they’ve already done something like this. 
spacer.png

Edited by LA Fakers+ LA Snippers
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Twitter has shown a turning tide in favor of returning to the old team uniform style. About time popular Twitter opinion got it right, hopefully it leads to a switch back.

See, that just looks stupid to me. It looks like a pick-up game at the Y where everyone happened to wear an NBA jersey, not a special event like the All-Star Game is supposed to be.

Give me this over that mess any day of the week:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12