2021-22 NBA Changes

2 hours ago, Krz said:

Surprised they didn’t lean more into “the valley” branding. 

I've always thought "the valley" was meant to at least vaguely hint at the sunburst motif, with the slanted text/chest band, gradients, off-centered number. Of course this new set is yet another different take on the sunburst motif. It is interesting that they have two very strong traditional looks, "Sunburst" vs "Arched text". I'm always Team Sunburst personally.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Digby said:

I've always thought "the valley" was meant to at least vaguely hint at the sunburst motif, with the slanted text/chest band, gradients, off-centered number. Of course this new set is yet another different take on the sunburst motif. It is interesting that they have two very strong traditional looks, "Sunburst" vs "Arched text". I'm always Team Sunburst personally.

If they insisted on moving away from the sunburst, I was always a fan of the old western font stuff.  I probably wouldn't mind a new take on that.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DJT said:

New Hawks leak: kinda looks the same but added more black to me.

A) They just changed their uniforms a year ago! Why are they doing so again? Hard to establish a brand when you have 3 different jersey sets in a 5-year span.

B ) Could be the lighting, but that yellow looks awfully volt-ish to me.

• Like 6

If it's real (it's reddit after all) the only question is why? Their current uniforms are fine so there is no need to change them especially after only two seasons.

Anyway these aren't bad (70's wordmark, asymetrical desing like in early 90's) but not needed now, wait few years with them.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

A) They just changed their uniforms a year ago! Why are they doing so again? Hard to establish a brand when you have 3 different jersey sets in a 5-year span.

B ) Could be the lighting, but that yellow looks awfully volt-ish to me.

The only logical explanation is that the current look isn't moving merchandise. It's possible, with the depth of sales analytics tools these days, that teams might have more insight into whether updated branding is hitting its mark.

Not suggesting I agree with it. I love the Hawks' current look. Just considering plausible reasons behind the decision. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

The only logical explanation is that the current look isn't moving merchandise. It's possible, with the depth of sales analytics tools these days, that teams might have more insight into whether updated branding is hitting its mark.

Not suggesting I agree with it. I love the Hawks' current look. Just considering plausible reasons behind the decision. 

Or they read Dynasty's comment and it reminded them that they forgot to update it again.

48 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

It’s possible, but given the lead time needed for uniform changes, they would have had to start designing almost as soon as their current set was unveiled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Maybe if the team was better they would sell more merchandise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Probably don't worry about those Hawks "leaks" 😉

You'd think that people on this site would have learned by now that "I heard this from reddit" means that it's definitely fake.

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Probably don't worry about those Hawks "leaks" 😉

I am sure there are others, but the ppl I trust the most on here so far are Conrad and Igor Coelho.  Also, past catalog "leaks" didn't include the sponsor patches.

16 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Nets wearing their city uniform on the road in a nationally televised Christmas game. 😡 Glad I ain't going.

Your last 3 comments have all had emojis, all neutral to negative.  Doesn't anything make you happy?  Focus on those, and have a Merry/Happy Christmas.

13 hours ago, sayahh said:

Also, past catalog "leaks" didn't include the sponsor patches.

One of the first leaks of 20/21 City and Classic unis are from catalog and had sponsor patches (except Heat all of them became true). :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 1

4r2eer.png